Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1328366 Posts in 60076 Topics- by 51353 Members - Latest Member: GaltGames

January 23, 2018, 03:51:01 am

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsTendril: Echo Received - 2d platformer inspired by Aliens
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Author Topic: Tendril: Echo Received - 2d platformer inspired by Aliens  (Read 4767 times)
irn
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: December 12, 2017, 10:08:40 pm »

I'm in love. Can't wait to see more! Smiley

That`s great, thanks! Beer!

This is looking great so far.  You're doing a lot with a little when it comes to the minimalist pixel art, and I'm enjoying the technical aspects of your posts as well.  Look forward to seeing more.

Thanks! There will be much more to see!

Tendril: Echo Received - 2d platformer inspired by Aliens
Web | Facebook
irn
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: December 27, 2017, 07:33:45 am »

The world of Tendril: Echo Received will be quite vertical one. There will be houses, facilities, warehouses and other buildings with multiple floors. You, playing as Dragon, will be able to move through ventilation shafts, on walls outside as well as up tall rooms. Civils, guards and other pitiful humans on the other hand will have to use stairs that you will also be able to use of course.

Not far from now we will show you more technical info about how Npc know how to use stairs to move from one place to another and more!

In the meantime just a little animation:

Tendril: Echo Received - 2d platformer inspired by Aliens
Web | Facebook
cepnox
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 03, 2018, 10:34:52 am »

Today we are going to show you, how we are building navmesh used for finding paths between rooms in the world of Tendril: Echo Received.

Our navmesh consists of rectangular areas connected with stairs thus creating edges. This graph is constructed automatically as you can see in the following image.

Places that are not reachable by stairs don`t contain any node but apart from classical navmesh, they are still traversable. Although NPC on such place is not going to be able to move to another floor.

In the next post we will show you how our NPCs actually use this graph in order to find their doom.

Garlicguy
Level 2

As Crispy As Applewood Bacon.

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 05, 2018, 10:21:20 am »

I like the whole evil conquest concept. Interested in watching your game develop! Nice job guys!

flex$
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 05, 2018, 11:13:22 am »

been following this for a minute but never commented, everyone loves the look here but i just wanna mention that i really dig what you've been showing off on the technical side and i really believe this work will show just as much as the art will in-game. keep grinding Hand Money Left Hand Money Right

Danton
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: January 05, 2018, 01:34:23 pm »

Great to see this coming along. Love the work on lighting. Navmesh looks great too... clean and elegant approach.

Working with my wife Sara on the cinematic combat platformer, Unto The End
WEBSITE | DEVLOG | STEAM | TWITTER
cepnox
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 17, 2018, 11:48:39 am »

Thanks guys!

Last time we have shown you how we are building navmesh for our path finding.
Now our NPCs are happily using it to reach destinations beyond their wild imagination.
We are using A* to find the shortest path in navmesh.

We have also decided to change animation of moving into and out of stairs. Now it is more cleaner.
Here you can see the previous concept.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic