Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411431 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 20, 2024, 03:28:11 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallI just threw up.... a new game!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Author Topic: I just threw up.... a new game!  (Read 24260 times)
Gainsworthy
Level 10

BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS...

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2009, 05:32:07 PM »

Haven't got up to the bonus stages yet - still merrily trotting along in the last set. I've gotta admit, I do dislike Impossible difficulty games such as IWBTG, and I was rubbish at Meat Boy, sadly. Couldn't pass the... gawd, fourth or fifth level? Uh, regardless, so far I don't think the game falls into the trap of impossibility.

Tanner! Harvest. That got me for a little while, but I've got some non-spoiler advice. Rather than using lots of vomit, use it creatively. You don't need to harvest anywhere near to how much stuff is on the screen. I made do with about a fifth.
Terry
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2009, 05:35:04 PM »

I wish you'd make some games that run on normal computers. Sad

(this looks really neat, but I can't play it Cry )

Terry
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2009, 05:48:20 PM »

OH! This actually runs *faster* in a browser than it does if I download it! That's kinda unexpected! I can just about play it now if I turn down all the effects! Beer!

c-foo peng
Level 3

game chef

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2009, 06:01:40 PM »

Awesome game! The mechanic reminded me of Bloody Zombies a bit. Blood, barf, I think somebody should make a game where you swim in your own pee to complete the watery trio. Or has it already been done?

FishyBoy
Level 7

Make like a tree and get the hell out of here

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2009, 06:52:08 PM »

I BEAT IT YES

Albeit with help from slowdown sometimes, but still.  Cool

Tread Lightly was not that hard compared to some of the previous ones. I just held the W key and bounced along until I got to the acid pill and everything was a cakewalk from there.

Really cool game overall. I really loved the ending.

Awesome game! The mechanic reminded me of Bloody Zombies a bit. Blood, barf, I think somebody should make a game where you swim in your own pee to complete the watery trio. Or has it already been done?
This makes me think that we need a Tarenagasi remake with a poo physics engine.
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2009, 07:17:03 PM »

NOOOOOoooooOOOOOOooooOOOOO
I just did my weekly cleanup with ccleaner and now my save is gone. Cry

Edmund
Back in Black
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2009, 07:18:13 PM »

honestly spewer isn't that hard.. i think most people having problems with it is due to the performance issues causing lag, and heres how to fix this.

the easiest way to fix this on a low end pc is to just download the stand alone and run the exe.. it will usually raise the frame rate a ton.

if you MUST play it in the browser or if your pc has less then 2 gigs of ram, simply pause the game and set the detail to low and turn off the background, this will fix most lag issues.

i do mention this on the games page BTW Smiley.

Curseman
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2009, 07:48:07 PM »

I just finished the last bonus level.

I thought it was your best game yet, Edmund!  The biggest flaw, I think, was the performance issues that it seems quite a few people had.  The ending was a nice surprise.  Good job!

I personally found this more challenging than meat boy, but I don't think either was really anywhere near overwhelming.
Gold Cray
Level 10

Gold Cray

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2009, 08:35:30 PM »

The ending was a nice surprise.  Good job!
I agree.

Edit: And that finishes the bonus levels, which means that this worked out exactly the same way meat boy did.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 09:11:12 PM by Gold Cray » Logged
Edmund
Back in Black
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2009, 12:38:27 AM »

I thought it was your best game yet, Edmund!  The biggest flaw, I think, was the performance issues that it seems quite a few people had.  The ending was a nice surprise.  Good job!

thanks a ton guys. once meat boy is done ill see what i can do able bringing an expanded and "no limits" version to wiiware and pc. a lot of what we could do was because of flashes limitations.. but we worked around what we could.

but imagine a limitless amount of vomit, spewer gaining mass like a water balloon when he eats, physics based objects and an expanded story taking place ......

(spoiler)
inside the human body
(/spoiler)

but my plate is full till next year...
Gainsworthy
Level 10

BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS...

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2009, 01:02:35 AM »

A Wiiware and PC version? With real time body distension? That would be wonderful. I'd shell out for a copy, for sure. Even if it is next-next year.

THAT SAID: Those last two regular levels, Dive and Crux? Really nasty way to leave a game. My expression whilst playing them was not dissimilar to Spewer's after eating the yellow pill, or so I'm told. I'm just having a whinge, though. Game's still outstanding. I will beat Crux eventually!

Hand Shake Left Mock Anger Hand Shake Right
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 04:12:57 AM by Gainsworthy » Logged
Renton
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2009, 01:13:51 AM »

honestly spewer isn't that hard.. i think most people having problems with it is due to the performance issues causing lag, and heres how to fix this.

the easiest way to fix this on a low end pc is to just download the stand alone and run the exe.. it will usually raise the frame rate a ton.

if you MUST play it in the browser or if your pc has less then 2 gigs of ram, simply pause the game and set the detail to low and turn off the background, this will fix most lag issues.

i do mention this on the games page BTW Smiley.

It's not that hard, I guess. I'm halfway through the game.

Now I gotta tell you. It actually runs faster when I play it in the browser. And it still lags real bad sometimes. And I have a good-ish computer with 4 gigs or ram and whatnot.

Oh well...
Flash is total crap.
gambrinous
Level 4

Indie Game Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2009, 05:10:40 AM »

Really excellent work!

Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2009, 05:51:18 AM »

Man, I suck so hard at getting around with the white foam.  It's my bane.

Still beat the game, though! Coffee
Gainsworthy
Level 10

BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS...

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2009, 06:07:41 AM »

EDMUND! C'MERE! I WANT TO GIVE YOU A HUG. (BEAT THE GAME! Ending was great.)

EXTRA, EXTRA: Beat the secret levels too! They were a lot of fun! Greg, I think you were misinterpreting "Tread Lightly" as "Stomp Around With Care And Precision", yes? Or... SPOILERS, GUYS! TRY FIGURING IT OUT YERSELVES!.

AND: I agree with The Hybrid Mind below me. The Doctor trotting around in the background, conducting unusal experiments, taking notes? Adds a great touch.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 06:44:26 AM by Gainsworthy » Logged
HybridMind
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2009, 06:31:55 AM »

One of my favorite things about this game is watching the crazy blurred out scientist in the background while playing or stuck.  It is such a great effect and really makes you feel like you are on the side of this aquarium watching the little spewer go. 

I'm still stuck at level 10 or something but I've gone back and played it quite a few times.  I'm continuing to get better but I've lost so many of my gamer chops over the years that I'm not sure how far I'll likely make it.. Wink

Congrats on an awesome game..!

Ivan
Owl Country
Level 10

alright, let's see what we can see

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2009, 05:04:52 PM »

Really, really great game, Edmund! Played it through (almost) to the end and really enjoyed it!

The only thing I have to say is I really wish you guys didn't make it in flash. With hardware acceleration, this could be so much more!

http://polycode.org/ - Free, cross-platform, open-source engine.
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2009, 05:14:16 PM »

Maybe future versions of Flash will have hardware acceleration and be backwards compatible and make all old Flash games faster. Possible, anyway.

HybridMind
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2009, 05:33:32 PM »

Maybe future versions of Flash will have hardware acceleration and be backwards compatible and make all old Flash games faster. Possible, anyway.

If only that was a possibility... the backwards compatible part... that would be great.  In all likelihood it will just be the relentless march forward of our computers power that enables us to play old slow but awesome flash games... Wink   Spewer runs fine for me but I have a pretty tricked out rig.. Tongue

Zaratustra
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2009, 06:59:07 PM »

OH GOD THE LAST LEVEL YOU DIE IN HELL.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic