Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 06:01:35 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallI just threw up.... a new game!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Author Topic: I just threw up.... a new game!  (Read 24205 times)
Gainsworthy
Level 10

BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS...

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2009, 11:09:04 PM »

BUG REPORT!

So, I beat the game in its entirety. The game loads the last unbeaten level when one clicks "Start". Sadly, this means it loads a blank screen with music when I click "Start". Pressing ESC does nothing. This makes me sad. Fixes?
Cimpresovec
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 06, 2009, 11:49:44 PM »

The game is realy fun to play :D Nice work with a little strange game  Beer!

Programming is the closest thing I have to magic.
Edmund
Back in Black
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 07, 2009, 12:11:50 AM »

this is one i havent heard of... ill check it out and try to fix it in the next update (with added key controls).

sadly this would mean your saved game would vanish...

BUG REPORT!

So, I beat the game in its entirety. The game loads the last unbeaten level when one clicks "Start". Sadly, this means it loads a blank screen with music when I click "Start". Pressing ESC does nothing. This makes me sad. Fixes?
esc
Level 3

BAM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: May 07, 2009, 06:29:21 AM »

I always end up looking for playthroughs on youtube for most of your games because they're really fucking hard(and I don't want to frustrate myself for....noone's enjoyment)
All of your games are cool in concept, so I guess I'm just not that into physics/trial and error type play.

shaman666
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 07, 2009, 08:01:45 AM »

that's very fun, yet disturbing
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: May 07, 2009, 03:03:44 PM »

I have gotten past the level I was stuck on before, now I'm on Holy Tears and am still figuring out my battle plan. I really like this game.

Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 08, 2009, 02:44:12 AM »

Haha! I was waiting for Kongregate to give your game badges before I finished it. That didn't take long! Beer!

...Yes, I'm an achievement whore.
AaronAardvark
Level 1

Formerly RazputinOleander

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: May 08, 2009, 07:32:45 AM »

Aha!
I was stuck on 7 - the wide gap with low ceiling.  I was ready to give up, but then I remembered the earlier liquid level.  Awesome.

Unfortunately, I have to comment on the slowness too.  I've got a decent rig with 2Gigs of ram, but it's a Linux machine, so I have to play the web client.  From the first level that has liquid in it the framerate has been attrocious!  It's unfortunate, because the gameplay seems quite solid and clever.

I find the mechanic of jumping, then having to boost to extend your jump - to be really enjoyable.  When you combine this with the liquid mechanics, it just feels like a clever match that works really well.
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 08, 2009, 08:09:56 AM »

To people talking about framerate, I don't think there's much Edmund and his coder can do. Flash is interpreted, and the physics/rendering effects they were simulating here are processor intensive in that kind of environment. I don't think there's much of any way to improve it, unless someone goes through the code with a very fine optimizing comb and extracts from it a bit more framerate, but I doubt anything can be done if the game's slow as fuck for you.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
AaronAardvark
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: May 08, 2009, 08:26:07 AM »

To people talking about framerate, I don't think there's much Edmund and his coder can do. Flash is interpreted, and the physics/rendering effects they were simulating here are processor intensive in that kind of environment. I don't think there's much of any way to improve it, unless someone goes through the code with a very fine optimizing comb and extracts from it a bit more framerate, but I doubt anything can be done if the game's slow as fuck for you.

True, but it's worthwhile feedback.  In this case, the game is done and there's not much to be done about it because it's a Flash issue.  But next time, if there's the option of Flash and some other engine, then Edmund will be all "Well, Flash is slow as heck for this kind of thing.  Are you familiar enough with this other engine that we can use it instead?" "Yes, yes I am." "Rock."  And then we won't have this issue again.
Corpus
« Reply #50 on: May 08, 2009, 08:28:38 AM »

I can't help but feel that, after the best part of a decade, Edmund is quite likely to be aware of the limitations of Flash.
AaronAardvark
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: May 08, 2009, 08:50:30 AM »

I can't help but feel that, after the best part of a decade, Edmund is quite likely to be aware of the limitations of Flash.
He he.  Fair enough. Smiley
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 08, 2009, 09:02:49 AM »

Wonder how well it'd work in Unity.

EDIT: I also love how the Kongregate commenters think they know what goes on in the coding of a game and think they are entitled to say a game has ugly/horrible coding because it runs slow while trying to simulate liquid physics. Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 09:22:21 AM by Melly » Logged

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Edmund
Back in Black
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 08, 2009, 12:07:32 PM »

Wonder how well it'd work in Unity.

EDIT: I also love how the Kongregate commenters think they know what goes on in the coding of a game and think they are entitled to say a game has ugly/horrible coding because it runs slow while trying to simulate liquid physics. Roll Eyes

hmmmmmm that is something to think about actually...
Edmund
Back in Black
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 08, 2009, 12:43:08 PM »

I just updated the browser version of spewer on newgrounds.com with arrow keys as alt movement keys. the stand alone versions will be updated today as well.
davidp
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: May 09, 2009, 06:47:34 AM »

awesome game :D

i only read those instructions there, so i don't know about it, but you could go and put right mouse button to eat vomit back. Smiley

Edmund
Back in Black
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 09, 2009, 12:31:20 PM »

awesome game :D

i only read those instructions there, so i don't know about it, but you could go and put right mouse button to eat vomit back. Smiley

not possible in flash sadly...   
Greg Game Man
Level 5

i have to return some videotapes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: May 09, 2009, 01:12:05 PM »

how come i always get the feeling that your games want to hurt me? idunno, the colours, sick themes, impossibly hard levels, angry hit detection on spikes, nasty death sounds, and random elements (dive).. a feeling i get from a lot of your games is that they are angry and they hate me. i really got that feeling from meatboy.. is this like your new style? i dont like it, i like to feel challenged but happy and welcome..

skaldicpoet9
Level 10

"The length of my life was fated long ago "

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 09, 2009, 01:41:23 PM »

this gaem is stopid and i don lik it much

\\\\\\\"Fearlessness is better than a faint heart for any man who puts his nose out of doors. The date of my death and length of my life were fated long ago.\\\\\\\"
Edmund
Back in Black
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 09, 2009, 02:27:19 PM »

how come i always get the feeling that your games want to hurt me? idunno, the colours, sick themes, impossibly hard levels, angry hit detection on spikes, nasty death sounds, and random elements (dive).. a feeling i get from a lot of your games is that they are angry and they hate me. i really got that feeling from meatboy.. is this like your new style? i dont like it, i like to feel challenged but happy and welcome..

themes tend to bleed when i work on stuff, im not sure if its 100% intentional.. honestly i didnt think spewer was all that hard... but i didn't want the last few levels to be that easy.

aside from the obvious fact that this is a video game with a very basic formula, its also a play on analogy's about life and what im currently going through when it comes to expressing myself through my work, my thoughts on what i have to do to get by as well as making sacrifices for the greater good. these issues come with a theme of frustration.

i think its obvious that im in a bit of a sadistic mood these days.. and working on super meat boy isnt helping this... i have a feeling my role as a sadist will be ending with the completion of Super meat boy and move on to whatever im feeling at the time.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic