Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411500 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 10:10:29 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallI just threw up.... a new game!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Author Topic: I just threw up.... a new game!  (Read 24272 times)
skaldicpoet9
Level 10

"The length of my life was fated long ago "

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 09, 2009, 02:36:57 PM »

Seriously though, this game rocks. I love the level design that you have going on here. For some reason I am somewhat reminded by Still Alive DS. I haven't really played any of your other games but I must say that this was much more polished and fun then I would have thought.

The gameplay is nice and smooth and I didn't have any qualms as with other games of this type where the main character tends to be too "floaty" or "slippery".

I especially loved the scientist guy in the background looking in periodically to view my progress, nice touch.

I wasn't going to but you have compelled me to download this Smiley

My only suggestion would be to have the ability to create custom levels at some point in the future. This seems like a game that would lend itself very well to that.

Heh, now I'll have to try out your other games since your my new favorite rockstar now Tongue

\\\\\\\"Fearlessness is better than a faint heart for any man who puts his nose out of doors. The date of my death and length of my life were fated long ago.\\\\\\\"
skaldicpoet9
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 09, 2009, 03:09:45 PM »

One thing though....it seems that using your puke to propel yourself up only works about less than 50% of the time. A lot of times the puke will not even boost me at all. No biggie but kind of annoying when I am trying to get to higher places.

edit: never mind, I see what is happening here...only some tiles give you a boost?

\\\\\\\"Fearlessness is better than a faint heart for any man who puts his nose out of doors. The date of my death and length of my life were fated long ago.\\\\\\\"
Edmund
Back in Black
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 09, 2009, 03:53:46 PM »

One thing though....it seems that using your puke to propel yourself up only works about less than 50% of the time. A lot of times the puke will not even boost me at all. No biggie but kind of annoying when I am trying to get to higher places.

edit: never mind, I see what is happening here...only some tiles give you a boost?

this is a momentum thing. spewer only will get a boost if you puke down as hes gaining momentum... once he stops going up or even starts slowing down theres no way you can puke boost out of his falling momentum.

so what i mean is boost just as you start to jump to gain the most added height.

and the game comes with a level editor.. fully functional.. you can make any thing ive made ingame.
skaldicpoet9
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 09, 2009, 05:00:07 PM »

Nice, shows how observant I am  Embarrassed

I am digging this game though, keep up the great work man Beer!

Eighth Ronin
Level 0

Sound Designer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: May 15, 2009, 05:48:57 AM »

Thanks to everyone who has played and is playing Spewer. We broke 1000 reviews and still have an average of 9.3/10. The whole team appreciates your support greatly.
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 15, 2009, 09:27:15 AM »

Cool.

Now you should become a part of the community. The paddles are this way -> http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=45.0

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
JLJac
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 15, 2009, 09:33:30 AM »

Cool.

Now you should become a part of the community. The paddles are this way -> http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=45.0
Quite a demanding tone there, eh :D

Great work edmund! This is my fav among your stuff so far, really loved it. I finished it, with bonus levels and all Evil It was impressive how many different scenarios you managed to create from just a few simple key elements.

It is both technically great and really innovative. This is how indie games are made!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic