Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411478 Posts in 69369 Topics- by 58424 Members - Latest Member: FlyingFreeStudios

April 23, 2024, 07:42:57 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallPsychoDelia- Psychedelic First Person Platformer (Greenlight)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: PsychoDelia- Psychedelic First Person Platformer (Greenlight)  (Read 492 times)
HMonkii
Level 0

View Profile
« on: April 22, 2017, 07:49:57 AM »

Hello all!

I posted a long time ago with some early work from the game I've been working on, which title has been changed.  After a long break I got back to work and recently released my trailer on Greenlight!

Its called PsychoDelia. Its a First Person Adventure/Platformer with an odd and somewhat unique art style! Check it out and let me know what you think  Smiley Greenlight page has the same description as what ill post here (its a bit long as to contain as much detail as possible)
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=909440815

Trailer

Release date: Fourth Quarter 2017

PsychoDelia is a First-Person Platforming Adventure game with a psychedelic, surreal art style. The environments are unique and visually stimulating. A balance of darkness and vibrant colors interplay with subtle details to create mind-warping visuals! Each piece of environment is a puzzle for you to solve in order to progress, becoming increasingly complicated as you
play more and more. PsychoDelia creates a unique experience in a world contrasted by light and darkness.

What is the gameplay like?
In order to progress through the strange worlds placed before you, you must utilize objects in your environment;

-Flowers accelerate your movement temporarily and stack together, allowing you to reach disorienting speeds!
-Bulbs which launch you high into the air
-Altars change your environment and help guide you, as well as provide Power-Ups
-Mushrooms shrink you down to the size of a bug!

Each piece of of the (un)natural terrain becomes a puzzle of 'connect-the-dots', with the dots being your speed-boosting Flowers. A simple enough concept, yet there are many factors that play in to finding the correct path (and many hidden paths along the way). A small change in the terrain can become a daunting obstacle as it becomes harder and harder to find the correct path to follow given the limited duration of your speed boost. As the game progresses, you unlock various upgrades which
further the complexity even further beyond!

Power-Ups
Special Altars hold the key to upgrades...Should you be able to navigate through the worlds to which these Altars lead you, you will be rewarded with special abilities. These abilities are wide and varied, including;

-Increasing the natural power and speed of your movement
Over the course of the game you will increase your speed, jumping strength, the ability to 'Burst' forward while airborne,
and eventually the power of flight!

-'Planting' Flowers, Bulbs, and Mushrooms
As you make your journey you will unlock 'Totems' that give you the ability to place your own speed boosting Flowers and launching Bulbs. This will allow you to reach much higher speeds and blast off fast and high into the air for dream-like periods of semi-flight. Combining these abilities with wits and cunning will allow you to discover areas previously thought to be inaccessible. Shrinking down to miniscule sizes with the Mushroom, you will reveal many hidden pathways and secret places (as well as dangers) awaiting you within the world you inhabit.

-Manipulate AI
Shrinking yourself is great, but you will find that it leaves you vulnerable to the strange little bugs that inhabit parts of the world. You will gain 'lure' that allows you to gain the attention of the bug-like creatures, which could turn out to be invaluable in certain situations... Eventually, you gain the ability to possess and control some of the bug-like creatures, giving you the power to use them to activate switches, destroy certain objects, and temporarily gain flight to pioneer into
hard to reach places! With a bugs eye-view you can change the way you see the world!

-Gain power over the darkness!
The Dark Orb allows you to shoot blobs into certain types of neon water and grow oil-like splotches of land, blotting
out the light and giving you the ability to leave the land behind! The darkness can be imbued with the slickness of oil;by
Combining this ice-like terrain creation with your previous upgrades you will gain even more incredible mobility.

-
AND MUCH MORE!

All of these abilities will need to be combined in a wide variety of different ways in order for you to advance, so bring your wits and platforming skills! As the game goes on you will be faced with further and further complicated puzzles which will challenge your critical thinking. The path to the end is filled with challenges, environmental puzzles (not always with linear solutions),overwhelming visuals, and ECSTATIC MUSIC from https://twitter.com/hapstancemusic

Experience PsychoDelia! Take the trip!

If you want to see more and stay updated you can follow me on
Twitter - https://twitter.com/HarmlessMonkii
Tumblr - https://trippydev.tumblr.com/
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/PsychedeliaGame/
Instagram - @psychedelia_games

Would love to hear what you think of it!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 08:10:40 AM by HMonkii » Logged
HMonkii
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2017, 12:38:18 PM »

Apparently Kotaku has a feature of the trailer!  Thanks to anyone who visited and/or voted on Greenlight!
http://kotaku.com/the-trippy-platformer-psychodelia-got-a-new-trailer-and-1794574984
oranssi
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2017, 04:35:46 AM »

This looks something of my liking. Very much interested and will follow you.
colenator
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2017, 08:58:09 AM »

This game looks pretty cool, definitely something I would play. Interesting style for a platformer, especially a first-person platformer. You got my vote though!

Good luck on your campaign  Smiley

Dequan Wilson / Colenator
Co-founder of Avicekeys and AlphaVicely
Email | Twitter |
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic