Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 12:15:54 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessFig.co or Indiegogo?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Fig.co or Indiegogo?  (Read 1470 times)
Nana
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: April 23, 2017, 07:46:47 PM »

So, it is known that Indiegogo has a bad rep for being a place for scammers. The thing is Kickstarter doesn't allow my country in, so the options are reduced to Fig.co or Indiegogo. I'm actually considering Fig, but wary that my audience may not want to help because they don't know this platform, since it's somewhat "new" (I actually didn't know about them until they contacted me!)

But the bad reputation around Indiegogo is also scary for anyone wanting to have a successful campaign. What are you guys' thoughts on these two platforms? Where would you rather back a project on? I'm all up to testing new things, but I know a lot of people don't...

Pixel artist, Narrative designer;
Virgo vs The Zodiac
Calibanul
Level 0

Work Work Work Work Work

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2017, 08:46:28 PM »

I would go with fig.co since there is not crowded with tons of projects, the ratio of success is pretty big and there are some quality games there founded in 2 years since fig.co is up. Also there are some big industry names related with the platform. Moreover, they also help with exposure and tips.

From Wikipedia:

Fig's approach is designed to support only one or two campaigns at a time, in contrast to the volume that are offered by Kickstarter or other crowdfunding services. Projects will be curated by Fig for viability and interest before they are supported,[4] and will allow them to customize the website's project page for the game title to enhance its appeal.[11] Fig may expand to have more concurrent projects if the platform proves successful.[11] Fig will not require projects to accept investment support as long they offer typical backing options.[11] As part of their support, Fargo, Urquhart, and Schafer have said that all future games developed by their respective studios will use Fig-based funding.[4]

In February 2017, Fig announced it has established a "Fig Finishing Fund" available to those projects that have been successfully backed on Fig as to help complete any late-stage development hurdles or final publishing and marketing pushes. Should projects qualify, they will be able to obtain at $20,000 from the Finishing Fund. In 2017, Fig set aside $500,000 of its own funds available for the Finishing Fund pool.

I would even choose fig.co over kickstarter Smiley

Just one question...how did they approach you?

Nana
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2017, 05:27:34 AM »

Yes, I just checked and they do marketing and PR for you, which would take the problem of people not knowing the platform away! I'm pretty confident this is the best choice, specially with the bad rep around Indiegogo. Marketing is always a plus, specially for someone like me, who don't know much on how to market a game. So, this is my game, they contacted me after I posted a gif on this group. You can also submit a pitch of your game through their website.

Pixel artist, Narrative designer;
Virgo vs The Zodiac
Calibanul
Level 0

Work Work Work Work Work

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2017, 02:54:10 AM »

Nice Smiley

Thanks for info

nix_BB
Level 0

Program{Ga}mer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2017, 04:55:58 AM »

I stumbled across this thread and thought I could offer some insight based on our experience with Fig.co.

We are currently running a campaign at Fig.co which is 65% funded since our launch on Tuesday.
With this in mind I can only comment on our experience thus far, focused on two key differences.

The first is that the Fig team provides continuous support and mentorship throughout our campaign, delivering solid advice and invaluable feedback on the campaign and on the project itself. Having access to such an experienced team is tremendously helpful when creating and promoting your campaign, especially in comparison to the self service nature of the other platforms.

The second key difference is that, unlike other crowd funding platforms, Fig.co is invested in the success of the game on release and not purely at a campaign level. In fact they make no money from the campaign and only recover the fig funds invested into the game from actual sales.

These are huge distinctions that should weigh heavily into your decision. Game dev is challenging, promoting your creation is even more challenging. It's super handy to have such an experienced team along side you.

Whatever the outcome of our campaign, our team has gained valuable experience by working with the Fig team. I would whole heartedly recommend working with them should the opportunity arise.

Sincerely
Niki

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic