Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 03:08:33 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingSpace Age - A Pre-Apocalyptic RPG [demo]
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Space Age - A Pre-Apocalyptic RPG [demo]  (Read 532 times)
iblamevictoria
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: April 24, 2017, 04:46:48 PM »

WELCOME TO MY GAME

HERE'S A QUICK DOWNLOAD LINK: itch.io link

Space Age follows a little boy named Coda as he journey's across the world in search for his dad, who left him home alone a few days previous with no intention of coming back. His wonder will take him all over a withering world on the brink of apocalypse, fighting monsters and solving mysteries. Every discovery will help him grow up and mature to match the dangerous world around him.

Space Age is inspired by games of from my childhood. Games that I grew up playing like Paper Mario: tTYD, Mother 3, Super Mario RPG inform how the game comes off tonally and mechanically, but with it'd unique style of humor and art.

Gameplay:
Uniquely among Eastern style RPG's, the game gives players large maps to work with, and asks that they explore and discover on their own. You will be given guidance but you won't be railroaded often. It values players who wander and probe at the world around them.

The game's combat follows standard turn-based combat familiar to most fans of Eastern RPG's. Because there is a low amount of RNG in the game it allows players to use the simple system to strategize and tackle problems from a thought-out perspective, instead of relying so heavily on the luck-of-the-draw.

The game is being produced by myself, iblamevictoria, in most aspects. Art, music, and design is all done by me; while some scripts are taken from third party sources. If you'd like to contact me about the game then feel free to find me on my Twitter which is linked on this page.

Features:

- Low RNG. damage, speed, and other common RPG tropes are decided by stats that players can readily view and are used as-is instead of being used with sometimes-infuriating variance.

- Lots of party members to collect [NOT IMPLEMENTED IN THE DEMO]. The game is balenced to handle any combination of party members to plan ahead and defeat enemies.

- NO GRINDING. Every battle is unique and contributes to plot instead of asking the player to grind for experience. Battles are more based on strategy than player-level.

« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 11:53:51 AM by iblamevictoria » Logged

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic