Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1324889 Posts in 59753 Topics- by 50974 Members - Latest Member: lambertamanda

December 13, 2017, 09:06:06 am

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)TutorialsComing up with a Character for a game:'(
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Coming up with a Character for a game:'(  (Read 423 times)
Dinobit
Level 0

young pixel artist, young game dev

View Profile
« on: April 27, 2017, 04:02:09 am »

is it just me or is coming up with a good and interesting game character hard I've been thinking for ages about the type of character I want for my game I've drawn and experimented countless of times I've searched the web for weeks please may someone help me I'm looking for a smallish harmless characters with a link fill design and a feature with the character that interacts with the game im planning to make a puzzle platformer that engages the players to wanna continue playing

here is the character I made but I  don't know how it will fit in with the type of game I want https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/118021496292809352034/albums/profile/6328514052772960786

I was thinking of adding a shovel to interact with the gameplay but I realized that shovel knight used this feature for their game and I didn't want to steal their idea i wanted to create my own original idea but as u see I need help to get me there

I'm just turned 15 and my dream is to create a game and  when I see games being created in the process it makes me want to create my own and when it has a great and clever idea to the game I get angry at myself that I didn't create that game so can anyone help me

Dinobit out  Gomez
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 03:29:14 pm by Dinobit » Logged
Clipper
Level 0

Characters & story > plot

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2017, 07:07:25 am »

Firstly, congrats on turning 15.

Secondly, try to study characters you enjoy and find out what makes them tick. Characters are hard to come up with; don't be discouraged if the right character doesn't come to you right away.

Don't underestimate pixel art. Pixel art isn't simple OR easy. Those who come to pixel art to escape from their lack of art skills will only find it reflected back to them.
Dinobit
Level 0

young pixel artist, young game dev

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2017, 03:28:27 pm »

thanks, clipper no one remembered my birthday thanks for that Wink

about what you said may I get an example if you don't mind so I know what I'm looking for?

Clipper
Level 0

Characters & story > plot

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2017, 01:27:51 pm »

Well, you mentioned "smallish, harmless characters with a link fill design", so try to look for characters that fit that description.

Don't underestimate pixel art. Pixel art isn't simple OR easy. Those who come to pixel art to escape from their lack of art skills will only find it reflected back to them.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic