Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 04:38:19 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)TutorialsComing up with a Character for a game:'(
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Coming up with a Character for a game:'(  (Read 1493 times)
Dinobit
Level 0

young pixel artist, young game dev

View Profile
« on: April 27, 2017, 04:02:09 AM »

is it just me or is coming up with a good and interesting game character hard I've been thinking for ages about the type of character I want for my game I've drawn and experimented countless of times I've searched the web for weeks please may someone help me I'm looking for a smallish harmless characters with a link fill design and a feature with the character that interacts with the game im planning to make a puzzle platformer that engages the players to wanna continue playing

here is the character I made but I  don't know how it will fit in with the type of game I want https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/118021496292809352034/albums/profile/6328514052772960786

I was thinking of adding a shovel to interact with the gameplay but I realized that shovel knight used this feature for their game and I didn't want to steal their idea i wanted to create my own original idea but as u see I need help to get me there

I'm just turned 15 and my dream is to create a game and  when I see games being created in the process it makes me want to create my own and when it has a great and clever idea to the game I get angry at myself that I didn't create that game so can anyone help me

Dinobit out  Gomez
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 03:29:14 PM by Dinobit » Logged
Clipper
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2017, 07:07:25 AM »

Firstly, congrats on turning 15.

Secondly, try to study characters you enjoy and find out what makes them tick. Characters are hard to come up with; don't be discouraged if the right character doesn't come to you right away.
Dinobit
Level 0

young pixel artist, young game dev

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2017, 03:28:27 PM »

thanks, clipper no one remembered my birthday thanks for that Wink

about what you said may I get an example if you don't mind so I know what I'm looking for?

Clipper
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2017, 01:27:51 PM »

Well, you mentioned "smallish, harmless characters with a link fill design", so try to look for characters that fit that description.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic