Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411426 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 10:09:59 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsPlease Kill Me
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Please Kill Me  (Read 2848 times)
indominator
Level 1

?????

View Profile
« on: May 02, 2017, 06:21:55 AM »

Hello, this is a new beggining and a new end. This is teh same game being so overly redesigned that i dont even know how i got into this screwed state. i reused lots of work from the previous versions into the new version.

there will be a magical shot to blind the enemies. and i still gotta fixthe npcs vision. man so much work to do.

the previous version of the game;
https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=58627.0

it first started as a first person overlord hybrid, then it became an rts with card game mechanics(which worked really well but they sucked because it wasnt implemented well enough. and now its a third person game with some basic mechanics. yeah also theres no jump, because no XD
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 09:41:53 AM by indominator » Logged

indominator
Level 1

?????

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2017, 08:43:07 AM »

new devlog. Imma gonna play some manhunt and some other stealth games to get ideas on how to better code the AI.

indominator
Level 1

?????

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2017, 09:33:15 AM »

what place to you post your devlogs where you guys feel like it gets more views?

i have been posting on some discord servers and its getting views, but its like 3 or 4 more than usual.

indominator
Level 1

?????

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2017, 03:59:10 PM »

My newest devlog, i am changing some parts. I am trying to look for better places to put my devlogs and get more attention. I am trying some Discord servers and twitter. i dont like twitter because its full of stupidity.

as you can see, i hope, the game looks horrible.

the animations need to be reworked.

the game just looks weird. we need , no... i need to get things together and just work on this shit until it looks good. then i need to find someone who is good at marketing or just go advertising at small youtubers, outright paying them to talk about my game. i doubt i will ever have luck like some people so i gotta use my only 2 things i have, my time to work on the project and the little money i have.

I am cutting huge corners on the AI, i just cant solve it so it feels interesting, maybe i should have hired a coder, and focused on making the animations better.or make better models, or make a good level desing....

Talking aboot that, i will try making a new level design similar to Stanleys Parable, a fake labyrinth with limited choices. and check this...... narration. Since i have been working on the vids, i have gotten better parts for my mics and also gotten better at editing voice recordings of my shitty voice and accent. it will get interesting. See you next time XD
« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 04:09:22 PM by indominator » Logged

Thaumaturge
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2017, 11:13:23 AM »

Regarding AI, have you looked into how other games have done it? For example, you search for articles online regarding the AI in the old Thief games

indominator
Level 1

?????

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2017, 09:41:41 AM »

Regarding AI, have you looked into how other games have done it? For example, you search for articles online regarding the AI in the old Thief games

Oh, no i didnt, i will do it later then. Then solution i found for the AI is to make it simpler. So i am going to change the relationship between the player and the ghosts and mosnters, i have implemented recently the beggining of combat mechanics. I will soon read it though, thanks for the tip XD.

Also a new update on my development of the game.

I have reworked the 3d models of the game. ANd have changed some important things in the game. I will talk about them later on. I also have decided on a story for the game. As i think, a plot would be interesting, and a narration would probably make the player more interested and/or be more able to grasp whats happening. Basically the story will be a slasher in the cold north, where the player is taken by a satanic cult. the plot is not deep, its just a fun joke. XD XD

I hope the summer or winter is not as cold as for it will be for Marcel. XD
I have implemented and changed many things in the game. I will post it later in a video, since its easier for me to talk about and make content to reach more people in that format. XD

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2017, 01:38:01 PM »

Well you asked nicely
indominator
Level 1

?????

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2017, 03:07:49 PM »

Well you asked nicely

haha thank you, were you the guy that hacked my adobe premiere and made it start to crap out? i am having a lot of trouble with it. XD

My new devlog. Its the same things in the gifs, but more accessible. my english pronounciation and decision to choose words while speaking is better(my speech is broken because i couldnt think of words fast enough to talk) all thanks to streaming live my game design, to me the most important thing is to practice speech until i can get native speakers to understand me, until then it will be a very long road ;p

indominator
Level 1

?????

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2017, 04:13:13 PM »

New video, its almost everything fixed.... "fixed" imma rework the "fight" mechanics

Please play the build at https://indominator.itch.io/please-kill-me and give me any opinions. i am mostly looking at simple ideas on making the fight between cultist and player more interesting. i plan on copying dead space and manhunt. besides that i am lost :/ XD

well, thanks for reading this last post, i love any kind of support ;p
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 04:37:55 PM by indominator » Logged

indominator
Level 1

?????

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2017, 03:25:03 PM »

I just changed a lil bit of the game. adding combat(its wonky but thats ok)

now i am gonna make a first person shooter, i was thinking of adding twitch implementation since i have been streaming on twitch(but my depression got the best of me and i just felt like it wont go into something interesting, i just feel that game development is too boring in twitch) but twitch just feels too random for implementation inside of a shooter(not the lack of viewers, but the lack of predictability can be a hindrance. well, imma make a receiver clone first, then i will work from it forward into a more complex game. i hope you guys will like it ;p

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic