Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 10:56:07 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperAudioOst feedback
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Ost feedback  (Read 1351 times)
VinG
Level 0

Somehow Here

View Profile
« on: May 05, 2017, 11:00:56 AM »

so i've wanted some feedback for my game for a while
its my first time doing "consistent music" so i have no idea if someone finds it okay.
i've already made most of the tracks on the game but i wanted to see if something is wiong with them to fix all of it early on.
anybody care to give your opinions?
https://soundcloud.com/ving-9/sets/qs-quest

ndnninja15
Level 1

I make games

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2017, 03:26:25 PM »

SoundCloud says it can't find the playlist
Pearl Pixel
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2017, 03:40:43 AM »

Haha yep, it's probably a private playlist - we can't hear without the specific private link Smiley

I've done the same thing many more times than I'd like to imagine...

This whacko of a person makes music. Perhaps it is of interest: https://soundcloud.com/pearl_pixel
VinG
Level 0

Somehow Here

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2017, 08:11:47 AM »

SoundCloud says it can't find the playlist
Haha yep, it's probably a private playlist - we can't hear without the specific private link Smiley

I've done the same thing many more times than I'd like to imagine...

Sorry i deleted the list since i didnt know how to update it, now heres the new one.
https://soundcloud.com/ving-9/sets/qs-quest-1

ndnninja15
Level 1

I make games

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2017, 06:02:50 PM »

I didn't listen passed no. 5 but it's my favorite one. I made a little remix to give you an idea of what I would change about the track. Disclaimer:
 This is just my opinion and I'm not a PRO by any means.... yet.
Here's the link.

Overrall I like the sound you have going though the mixing needs work. The bass has too much low freq and should be lifted off the floor so to speak, do that with a filter. It helps bring the kick out and keeps the bass from becoming too lost in the sound. In this mix I made the kick a little louder just cause that's what I like.

The snare is too loud and is dominating City Chaos, maybe in your other tracks too, I mainly focused on this one for detailed notes.

My Piano isn't exact and stuffs but rather listen for how things are arranged in the sound space. The snare and hi hat fit with the sound and the lead piano is a bit out front. Don't have to do this, the lead piano could be pushed back in so as not to stick out so much, it's whatever you want.

I liked the groove of the bass and I would keep it in there to let it ride. Right now it kind of pops in for a bar or two and then abruptly disappears.

The sound is a little low across the board. Pull up different tracks on like youtube or something and notice how they're a bit louder than yours.

Not sure what speakers you're using when composing but I would highly recommend listening with different sets. I use mainly headphones and when I listened in the car a lot of bass was way too loud and had too much low frequencies. Listening in different areas helps find problems like that.

Keep up the good work!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic