Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 12:48:42 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingA Curious Case of Hope -- Make it better with your feedback! 2D, arcade, action
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: A Curious Case of Hope -- Make it better with your feedback! 2D, arcade, action  (Read 4632 times)
Quicksand-S
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: December 27, 2017, 03:26:52 AM »

The ZIP worked. I don't have a lot of new things to say, though, because when I failed I didn't respawn no matter how long I waited or what keys/mouse-buttons I pressed.

One small thing: I wish I could press a keyboard key to start instead of having to use the mouse in a keyboard-driven game.

Anyway, I like having it more zoomed-out like this, and the lighting looks kind of cool.

Sometimes it feels like hope requires the player to be too precisely on top of it to pick it up. With so many particles around, it looks/feels like I should make contact without having to get quite as close to the center of the item as I do.

The text at the start disappeared before I read it all because I wasn't expecting it to go away so fast and I was looking at the lighting system. What I did read seemed pretty good, though.

My Old Game: We Want YOU - Join the Fight for Freedom

Twitter - Mostly comments on games, old and new.
Vallar
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 27, 2017, 03:39:56 AM »

The ZIP worked. I don't have a lot of new things to say, though, because when I failed I didn't respawn no matter how long I waited or what keys/mouse-buttons I pressed.

One small thing: I wish I could press a keyboard key to start instead of having to use the mouse in a keyboard-driven game.

Anyway, I like having it more zoomed-out like this, and the lighting looks kind of cool.

Sometimes it feels like hope requires the player to be too precisely on top of it to pick it up. With so many particles around, it looks/feels like I should make contact without having to get quite as close to the center of the item as I do.

The text at the start disappeared before I read it all because I wasn't expecting it to go away so fast and I was looking at the lighting system. What I did read seemed pretty good, though.

Well, I am definitely happy it finally worked!

- At the moment to restart you'll need to shut the game down (Alt + F4) and then open it again. It is a shore but I am weighing over immediate restart or factor in an upgrade level in between.

- As for the mouse annoyance. Sorry about that, the game won't start like this, this is all place holder for now. Ideally you'll see some kind of abstract animation depicting the "void" (nothingness) and then you press any key and the game swirls into an animation. So at a later stage when I put in animations and effects I'll remove that part completely.

- Glad the light was a better option than the zoom in.

- Good point about hope and its collision detection. At the moment the square is the part that only responds to collisions. I'll increase the radius so it can encompass the particles as well. Ideally I'll have a much more compact (size wise) look for the  hope item.

- That text disappearing at the beginning and you not being able to get it is annoying definitely. I'll have to write up a system for narration. At the moment I just did it quick and dirty with coroutines. Though I am glad that you at least liked what you could catch.

Thanks for trying it again. I guess I have a huge list of TODOs that I need to get on :D

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic