Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411415 Posts in 69361 Topics- by 58415 Members - Latest Member: sophi_26

April 16, 2024, 02:01:31 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesOUYA Games?
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: OUYA Games?  (Read 3264 times)
quantumpotato
Quantum Potato
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« on: May 06, 2017, 07:40:24 PM »

Who has a OUYA?
What kind of games are you enjoying on it?
What patterns have you seen in what games are released on it?

FK in the Coffee
Level 10

meme pixels

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2017, 09:48:49 PM »

Lmao
ThemsAllTook
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2017, 10:12:38 PM »

I bought one to play TowerFall back in the day. Then I put it away and forgot it existed.

ViktorTheBoar
Level 3

Hello :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2017, 12:48:41 AM »

I thought about ordering a used one dirt cheap, but shipping to here would cost me a trillion billion moneys :/

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2017, 01:38:12 AM »

OUYA is without a doubt the most important Television Gameing System of the last thirty years. Ms. Julie Uhrmann has, single-handedly and in one fell swoop, Freed The Games and showed the MSM and their globalist agenda "who is the boss"! And despite a massive wave of social engineering, propaganda and disinformation targeted at the OUYA, it has "prevailed" and continues to dominate the Free Gameing Market even to this very day! Julie Uhrmann, "I salute thee"!!

The most masterful OUYA title is certainly Mightty No. 9, possibly the "Grandmaster of Games Design", Keiji Inafune's most "mighty" opus. But thanks to OUYA's rigorous "quality control", there are many other superb titles for your "gameing pleasure"!.Dare I say it, "they are masterworks all, you can't go wrong"!  Smiley
Manuel Magalhães
Forum Dungeon Master
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2017, 05:03:11 AM »

I don't know the existence of a more accessible and versatile platform on which you could play indie games that's tremendously more popular and with a much bigger library than the OUYA. Too bad the OUYA can't be used to create games, it would be great if this hypothetical platform I mentioned could also be used to make games.

FK in the Coffee
Level 10

meme pixels

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2017, 03:12:09 PM »

OUYA is without a doubt the most important Television Gameing System of the last thirty years. Ms. Julie Uhrmann has, single-handedly and in one fell swoop, Freed The Games and showed the MSM and their globalist agenda "who is the boss"! And despite a massive wave of social engineering, propaganda and disinformation targeted at the OUYA, it has "prevailed" and continues to dominate the Free Gameing Market even to this very day! Julie Uhrmann, "I salute thee"!!

The most masterful OUYA title is certainly Mightty No. 9, possibly the "Grandmaster of Games Design", Keiji Inafune's most "mighty" opus. But thanks to OUYA's rigorous "quality control", there are many other superb titles for your "gameing pleasure"!.Dare I say it, "they are masterworks all, you can't go wrong"!  Smiley
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2017, 04:22:00 PM »

Too bad the OUYA can't be used to create games, it would be great if this hypothetical platform I mentioned could also be used to make games.

Do not let the disinformation campaingn by the "liberal puppet media" fool you, My Friend! Ms. Uhrmann has quite the surprise "in stock" for us loyal and free OUYA followers. The just announced OUYA CREYEAHTE package will let you develop High Quality Games with just your OUYA controller pad and your Mind!
quantumpotato
Quantum Potato
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2017, 06:02:37 PM »

Alright, I get it. Thanks.

alvarop
Level 9

ignorant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2017, 08:54:44 PM »

this thread hahahaah well done

i make games that can only ever be played once on http://throwaway.fun
rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2017, 09:33:09 PM »

Lmao

DireLogomachist
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2017, 10:18:21 PM »

Haha I got one from the Kickstarter. Plugged it in once and never again. The poor thing just sits in its box.

Living and dying by Hanlon's Razor
eyeliner
Level 10

I'm afraid of americans...

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2017, 05:35:25 AM »

Nice investment for the future, then. It was expected that the OUYA would quickly die.

Yeah.
DireLogomachist
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2017, 09:35:19 PM »

I thought Android gaming would be more of a thing. But nope. Even today I don't play much on my phone.

Living and dying by Hanlon's Razor
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2017, 01:13:15 PM »

Haha I got one from the Kickstarter. Plugged it in once and never again. The poor thing just sits in its box.
imprison the games
Richard Kain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2017, 12:35:43 PM »

There's a lot of mockery for the OUYA in this thread. But the truth is that the OUYA succeeded in paving the way for several modern trends.

The idea of using Android-focused minimal hardware in order to serve as an underpowered video game platform was one of the things that the OUYA pioneered. The Switch is arguably an extension of this approach. This trend is also quite evident in modern media streaming devices such as the Roku, the Amazon Fire Stick, and the Chromecast. The demand for such devices was first cemented with the OUYA.

The modern crowdfunding model also owes a debt to OUYA. It was one of the earliest and largest success stories of crowdfunding. While they weren't able to translate the OUYA into long-term viability, they did manage to actually produce a physical product, deliver on all of their backer promises, and even distribute their system to major retailers. This helped prove to everyone that services like Kickstarter could actually work, which helped to spur adoption by numerous other developers. The continued viability of crowdfunding owes a debt of gratitude to OUYA, and what they managed to achieve.

The OUYA was a flawed and fleeting platform, but I remember it fondly for all the good it managed to do for the industry. I might even pull my backer unit out sometime, and see if I can get a basic Unity project running on it.
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2017, 12:40:56 PM »

Lmao

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2017, 12:56:56 PM »

Thank you, Richard Kane, for keeping the OUYA spirit alive in the face of adversity.
Richard Kain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2017, 07:45:01 AM »

I'm a realist. I'm well aware that the business model the OUYA persistently pursued was untenable, and its failure to pivot and reposition itself is why it is no longer with us today. While some of the policies it had relating to developers were well-meaning, they also restricted what developers could do with the platform. Digital storefronts like the App Store and Steam have thrived by providing developers with more freedom, not less freedom. Without consistent development talent, the OUYA was doomed to obscurity.

The biggest problem with the OUYA was that its team dreamed of competing with the big console manufacturers, and tried to position the system accordingly. That was never going to work. There was too much competition, and all of it was better supported and funded. Trying to pitch the thing in Target next to the selection of 3DS systems was a huge mistake. A slower build-up with sales on on-line stores like Amazon and Think-Geek would have been more appropriate. A stronger focus on encouraging the growth of an OUYA-specific development community would have also been a good idea. Sadly, we didn't see any of this.

Still, we learn the most from our mistakes, not our successes. (just ask Sony) And the OUYA served as a fascinating lesson.
rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2017, 08:14:44 AM »

i can't wait for the twouya

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic