Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 08:47:36 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsMy Time at Portia - Casual Simulation RPG (Now on Kickstarter)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Print
Author Topic: My Time at Portia - Casual Simulation RPG (Now on Kickstarter)  (Read 25792 times)
MartinDk7
Level 0

Space Rider

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: November 26, 2017, 11:10:20 PM »

Well well hello there!

Couple days ago we finished the Kickstarter Extension where we got some extra $20,252 to the original amount raised during the KS campaign Beer!. We didn´t get to reach some of the goals we had for adding new stuff, still the team will try to add some of them if things goes well in the future Wink.

Nowadays we are working on the 3.5 Alpha version, expected to be released during the first week of December. This version will include some extra content, such as a whole new area, The Highlands, some quests, bug fixing, among some others.

Concept art of The Highlands

We´ve been also looking for VAs to voice our game and dang! Got over a thousand submissions in just a week  Cheesy . It´s gonna be a tough job to choose which one will make it into the final version.

We´ll keep you posted! Cheers!
« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 11:22:21 PM by MartinDk7 » Logged
FrostedSentry
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: November 28, 2017, 04:53:01 AM »

Not that you haven't heard/read it enough, but what a beautiful project. Best wishes and congrats on the KS success!

David McGraw ∴ Twitter
The Last Lamb
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 04, 2017, 01:41:07 AM »

MartinDk7
Level 0

Space Rider

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 19, 2017, 11:14:49 AM »

Hey there!

How´s it going? Thank you very much for the comments! Really glad you´re liking the project!

From our side, the team is working pretty hard (as usual  Well, hello there!). During the last couple weeks the design team has been working on what´s going to be the Jealousy System (You better be careful if you get to get married in the game and decide to play around with the other folks  Cheesy) as well as extending some characters and NPCs background. The programming team has been tweaking the save system, now being able to have multiple saves with different characters, and also in the game loads. Before it used to take 2GBs during the gameplay but now it´s climbing up to 4GB!  Mock Anger. And then the sound team has been choosing and selecting the VA that we´ll be using for the NPCs and the characters  Wink.

Next week if everything goes alright we´ll be releasing the Alpha 4.0! It will include some new and neat conten, froms quests to a new dungeon.

We´ll keep you posted! Cheers!
kkiablo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: January 18, 2018, 12:51:31 AM »

Hey guys, how's everything going?  Gomez

It's been a while since our last post. And the Early Access version of our game can finally meet the public in the next Tuesday, which is January 23rd. Since the releasing date is getting closer and closer, we really, really need your help to spread the words and let more people know about the game. Hand Joystick 

We created a thunderclap campaign where My Time at Portia can be well-broadcasted. Tongue You can click the link http://bit.ly/MTaPThunderclap to support us. In this thunderclap, you can choose to support us by using Facebook, Twitter, and Tumblr. Once you participated in the thunderclap campaign, a one-time message about My Time at Portia has launched into Early Access on Steam will be sent out to your account on the day of January 23rd. So the campaign on the thunderclap will also be closed in 5 days.

It’s very easy to participate in this campaign. You don’t need to register a thunderclap account at all if you don’t want to. Just choose the way you’d like to support us, and then a couple of clicks will work. Well, hello there!

Word-spreading is a huge deal for us especially now the game is heading to EA. So please, please support us on thunderclap. A big thank you to you all! Hand Thumbs Up Left Hand Thumbs Up Right

Check out My Time at Portia via http://portia.pathea.net/
kkiablo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: January 26, 2018, 10:37:18 PM »

The Early Access of My Time at Portia is now alive on Steam. And the good news is, we're in the Chinese top three best selling list, and global top 10 best selling list! Well, hello there! Well, hello there! Well, hello there!

Check out My Time at Portia via http://portia.pathea.net/
James H
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 13, 2018, 02:03:38 AM »

Hi there!I am James from devs of My time at portia Well, hello there!,and i guess there are some of people had already tried our game's EA version maybe some of you not.I will post the progress in later days. ps;i am from china ,so maybe sometimes i am not like a native speaker Concerned Concerned

From My time at Portia devs' team
vikepic
Level 0

Rendering dreams

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: July 13, 2018, 02:18:14 AM »

Who, Me? Who, Me? Who, Me? Who, Me? Who, Me? I love the look of this game... And i've been waiting my whole life for a cooler AC/Harvest Moon game. Following!

Josh Bossie
Level 3

Fly Safe, Pup

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: July 13, 2018, 02:17:31 PM »

The world needs more games inspired by Animal Crossing - I speak from experience.

Been watching this awhile. Hope it delivers out of EA

James H
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 14, 2018, 07:14:26 AM »

The world needs more games inspired by Animal Crossing - I speak from experience.

Been watching this awhile. Hope it delivers out of EA
We have EA now ,but there are some issues, like optimization and debug, you can search it on steam.

James H
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 15, 2018, 10:46:55 PM »

So..here are somethings we are doing:
Fishing Competition
We wanted to add more mini-games that lots of NPCs can get involved in, so we’ve designed a fishing competition. This competition will take place once a year, just like other holidays in My Time At Portia - for now, this will be a Saturday or Sunday in Spring. Cheesy

for fishing competition we added a suit ,how is it look?

Horse Racing Competition Hand Any Key Hand Any Key
In addition to the fishing competition, we’re also adding in a horse racing competition! This will be an annual event, taking place on a Saturday or Sunday in Autumn. Players will need to finish the race within a time limit, and the fastest time wins!

There will be obstacles and surprises in this race. For example, wooden boxes on the race course can stall your racing speed. If you hit any of these boxes, the boxes will smash and be cleared out of the way, but you’ll need to get your speed back up from zero again! You’ll also be able to pick up chilli peppers which will add to your endurance time, and you’ll encounter blue balloons that will have a random positive or negative effect on your race time too! We’ll be adding more effects to the blue balloon in a future update.

For now, the horse racing competition is a single player race, but we’ll let more NPCs get involved in a future update (and some of them might be really good at horse racing!)

Just like the fishing competition, you’ll get badges for winning, and you’ll be able to exchange them for some exclusive outfits.

we will release this patch in this week! Well, hello there! Well, hello there! Well, hello there!

James H
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 17, 2018, 12:26:28 AM »

And we will add a new place for players in next patch starlight island this island will have new stories and dungeon  Wink
also we had added new stories for different NPC and some new interesting tools or weapon like electric saws
how do you guys think? should I post some in-game screenshot in here?

James H
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 18, 2018, 01:50:13 AM »

Here is a new npc will show up in future Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss cute ,isn't she?

James H
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 23, 2018, 08:01:31 PM »

So here is Land run day in My time at Portia.

James H
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 23, 2018, 08:37:03 PM »

And here is fishing day,btw you can ride elite llama in V 8.0 Cheesy Cheesy

James H
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 31, 2018, 01:39:54 AM »

So guess you gays knowed about GDC right? And one of MTAP producer Zifei Wu witch is zede05 joined it in NZ . Because we are in china so we might keep in eyes about localize more and there is one thing you can't deny that there are more chinese player come in steam and the ratio is very very high. We don't think any devs and publisher should miss this such a huge market, chinese player 's require is very simple:add chinese and one of the main gola of Zifei is spread this kinda thought.
Hope all you guys can notice this. Tongue

James H
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 20, 2018, 06:59:26 PM »

We are in Gamescom now,thanks wegame

Mochnant
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 22, 2018, 12:23:07 PM »

Glad to see the continued updates!  I didn't realize the development was blogged about here until just now, so I went back and read them all.  Very interesting and glad things seem to be going so well.
James H
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 27, 2018, 06:03:37 PM »

We just met a pretty serious problem: when we switch to main scene like go out form house we had very high probability to crash.And our rate of recommend had fall to 90%, it was 94%.

We are using Unity to make our game, this engine we give us a log file to record the step how the program run after crash and we usually can find out the reason via this log file.
But we failed

See? Every thing is OK before crash, it bothered us for a while, about a week? I guess. We tried to make this happen again we found it will happen to other kind condition , which is after you played it for long time this “long”, means at lest 1 hour. It will crash, and the log file is the same, shows nothing and crashed.
So, what we should do? Just let it happen? We had put a new post in our steam community to gather the condition
https://steamcommunity.com/app/666140/discussions/1/1744469130477378416/
Most people are just like I said: crash when exit the building or go out from dungeon.
We guess maybe this because we changed the way to load the model? For optimization we had changed the way to load model, this can make unity use lower RAM to raise the FPS(we are bad optimization of this game).
Is that true? We will test it, hope it will help us, we can’t sustain any not-recommend no longer.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 07:43:51 PM by James H » Logged

James H
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 27, 2018, 06:05:47 PM »

Glad to see the continued updates!  I didn't realize the development was blogged about here until just now, so I went back and read them all.  Very interesting and glad things seem to be going so well.
We will keep doing update! We are planing to release on ps/xbox/switch, hope you guys won't miss it. Coffee

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic