Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 20, 2024, 01:34:38 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralSome people don't like me...
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Some people don't like me...  (Read 2952 times)
rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2017, 09:01:45 AM »

yes which is why i asked because i acted like this as a kid and i wanna make sure kids aren't getting attacked on the internet for acting like kids

Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2017, 11:54:00 AM »

from getting attacked on the internet for acting like kids

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
joseph ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2017, 12:28:22 PM »

for real though, dogpiling someone and making a joke out of them because they aren't socially graceful is a grimy way to behave on a forum. Chara is probably a kid you're all being shitty to for no reason. Polycount made a (years long) sport of harrassing a probably autistic or something dude. it's not a good look

Razz
Level 6

subtle shitposter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2017, 12:39:14 PM »

ok

Canned Turkey
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2017, 01:40:25 PM »

JWK5
Level 9

A fool with a tool is an artist.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2017, 02:18:20 PM »

^ LSD has been unkind to them.

My Art Tutorials:
 Here

"Today is victory over yourself of yesterday, tomorrow is victory over lesser men." - Miyamoto Musashi
DireLogomachist
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2017, 06:29:05 PM »

I think with the baseline of shitposting and postmodern internet humor its really hard to tell whether posts are authentic or not. I can't even guess on this one.

Living and dying by Hanlon's Razor
Chara from Undertale
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2017, 05:32:22 AM »

chara i have a sincere question: how old are you
18 years old. Not that I'm mature or anything. I'm just a person who just doesn't like being misjudged. I get upset when misjudged, told to commit suicide, or anything else discriminating...
cynicalsandel
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2017, 08:40:30 AM »

how are we supposed to judge you "correctly" when you've barely contributed anything to the forums? nobody thinks you're "good" or "bad" because we don't know you.

Bad_Dude 2017
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2017, 08:42:23 AM »

devlogs are ded and forums are where the social game is at

i wonder hows the drome activity doin these days...
Canned Turkey
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2017, 12:58:51 PM »

@Chara

100% real talk.

I don't think people are discriminating against you when they see you as an annoying spammer, which your post history does reflect.

Internet forums in general require a certain degree of thick skin to see past the shitposting and irony that everyone takes part in. Each and every user takes the short straw at least once, it's a sort of community hazing that always goes on, mostly to sort out the "core memebers" of the community from the spammers, short term users, and people who just don't understand ironic/shitpost/sarcastic humor. It is very different from cyber bullying as it nearly always stops when a ethical line is drawn (i.e. someone being underage or having a mental disability), and I hope you have not run into any real form of bullying on TIGsource.

You should never be told to commit suicide or harm yourself, posts and messages like that are directly against the rules on this site and you are allowed to report any users you have an issue with.

Real bullying aside, as I mentioned most forums do have a degree of constant shit talk and if you are not able to discern between that and toxic users, I don't think you'll have a very nice time on this site. Actively trying to combat people on the internet will without fail only make it worse, and that's true for actual bullying and ironic teasing.

I hope you know that if you want to become an active member of this site that nearly everyone is very helpful and open once you learn how to understand and take part in the irony based humor of an internet community.
Chara from Undertale
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2017, 07:27:25 AM »

@Chara

100% real talk.

I don't think people are discriminating against you when they see you as an annoying spammer, which your post history does reflect.
My post history doesn't reflect that!

Internet forums in general require a certain degree of thick skin to see past the shitposting and irony that everyone takes part in. Each and every user takes the short straw at least once, it's a sort of community hazing that always goes on, mostly to sort out the "core memebers" of the community from the spammers, short term users, and people who just don't understand ironic/shitpost/sarcastic humor. It is very different from cyber bullying as it nearly always stops when a ethical line is drawn (i.e. someone being underage or having a mental disability), and I hope you have not run into any real form of bullying on TIGsource.
Actually. Yes, I have. My threads being derailed.

You should never be told to commit suicide or harm yourself, posts and messages like that are directly against the rules on this site and you are allowed to report any users you have an issue with.
I was told to commit suicide once, but on another forum...

Real bullying aside, as I mentioned most forums do have a degree of constant shit talk and if you are not able to discern between that and toxic users, I don't think you'll have a very nice time on this site. Actively trying to combat people on the internet will without fail only make it worse, and that's true for actual bullying and ironic teasing.
I'm probably gonna have the worst time of my life here Cry

I hope you know that if you want to become an active member of this site that nearly everyone is very helpful and open once you learn how to understand and take part in the irony based humor of an internet community.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2017, 07:29:17 AM »

@Chara

100% real talk.

how are we supposed to judge you "correctly" when you've barely contributed anything to the forums? nobody thinks you're "good" or "bad" because we don't know you.

yep. you made a bunch of frankly pointless threads and people responded in kind by shitposting in them.

General is a banter forum. almost all threads get "derailed" here.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 07:34:44 AM by Silbereisen » Logged
JWK5
Level 9

A fool with a tool is an artist.

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2017, 09:22:10 AM »

Chara, your time here doesn't have to be terrible. I randomly slap groups of keys on the keyboard and pretend I know things. It's great.

My Art Tutorials:
 Here

"Today is victory over yourself of yesterday, tomorrow is victory over lesser men." - Miyamoto Musashi
Chara from Undertale
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2017, 12:23:17 PM »

Chara, your time here doesn't have to be terrible. I randomly slap groups of keys on the keyboard and pretend I know things. It's great.
You don't get it. I have been abused ever since I joined any forums. I deserve respect! Shrug
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2017, 12:24:58 PM »

Very VERY good thread

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
Bad_Dude 2017
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2017, 12:28:28 PM »

now its like some sort of punish roleplay thread

Capntastic
Community Friendlord
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2017, 12:47:51 PM »

I am going to lock this thread and Chara is encouraged to post in other people's threads and be a generative, happy member of TIGS (I mean, as much as any TIGS person can be) but I do not think making numerous threads about themselves is helpful if they feel bullied. 

Chara, do not make more theads about yourself.

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic