Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 11:48:34 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArtWorkshopdraw everday
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: draw everday  (Read 5887 times)
Pfotegeist
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2017, 09:54:12 AM »

Hand shake is normal. You probably don't notice it while resting right? That's because while flexed a muscle twitches many times to keep steady. It's also good to know these things.

There's also a reason why physical exercise duration is recommended to stay short. Your muscles can't stay fully active without oxygen, and they don't get oxygen unless they stop flexing. Muscle contractions follow the pattern of diminishing returns so each time they're used you need to try harder for the same result, until they no longer function.
cynicalsandel
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2017, 07:13:15 PM »

i practiced perspective a lil bit. turns out i probably needed to as i messed up 2 point perspective at first.

cynicalsandel
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2017, 06:14:24 PM »

felt really rusty since i hadn't done gesture drawings in a couple of days

cynicalsandel
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2017, 02:01:01 PM »

honestly, drawing with a tablet kinda just feels bad. it's more tolerable with pixel art because you don't have to worry about lines because you can adjust it on a pixel by pixel basis. the lines just never end up where they feel like they're gonna be. i guess its partially the disconnect when what you're looking at isn't what you're drawing on. i mean, i know i kinda suck anyway, but it kinda feels like the tablet accentuates that.

Pfotegeist
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2017, 04:25:34 PM »

tip: weighted smoothing

Treat your software like any other. You'll want to find a tutorial to start, or clunk around finding all the options.

Use any tools you need. Drawing skill is an extension of what you know, not just your dexterity.
JWK5
Level 9

A fool with a tool is an artist.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2017, 12:29:32 PM »

Download random pics off of Google and in a paint program try tracing them as fast as you can. Practice that each day (you're probably going to be sloppy as shit the first few days) and by going as fast as you can you will start to get more natural, sweeping motions instead of shaky short strokes. I know some people apparently have a tracing-phobia but the point of it is that you are helping yourself get past the disconnected feeling and learn to visualize the proportions and volumes without having to see your hand or pen on the paper (or screen in this case).

My Art Tutorials:
 Here

"Today is victory over yourself of yesterday, tomorrow is victory over lesser men." - Miyamoto Musashi
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic