Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411504 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 04:01:14 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsTacticsV - A Retro Strategy(Tactical) RPG
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
Print
Author Topic: TacticsV - A Retro Strategy(Tactical) RPG  (Read 25375 times)
Zaibach333
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 01, 2019, 09:43:42 AM »

We're coming! (to PS4, XBox One, Switch, Steam[PC,Mac,Linux])

« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 10:00:24 PM by Zaibach333 » Logged

Zaibach333
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 05, 2019, 06:30:10 AM »

for those wanting to apply for our closed beta test, we've created a form here: https://goo.gl/forms/RnJcLVFXdcFrmlJs1

it will go from Feb 15th - March 8th

Zaibach333
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 24, 2019, 06:32:54 AM »

Much has changed since showing the trailer... base resolution/zoom, balances, efficiency, and we had a blast showing at Midwest Gaming Classic, here's an interview from that event!

rainolu
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 24, 2019, 10:53:50 PM »

Amazing!
Zaibach333
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 29, 2019, 06:46:15 AM »

Our first store page is up! wishlist us on steam!  Grin https://store.steampowered.com/app/962150/

Zaibach333
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: June 29, 2019, 03:30:41 PM »

Our store page for US/Canada/Mexico as well as much of Europe/Australia/New Zealand on the Nintendo Switch is up! wish list us on the eShop: https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/tactics-v-obsidian-brigade-switch/
« Last Edit: July 05, 2019, 05:34:58 PM by Zaibach333 » Logged

Zaibach333
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 05, 2019, 05:12:52 PM »

Store page for Xbox One is up: https://www.microsoft.com/store/productid/9pjt36qs7dvc

Zaibach333
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 14, 2019, 06:32:08 PM »

Still working out PS4, but we've begun giving pre-release keys to creators/reviewers,
If you're a member of KeyMailer, you can find it here: https://www.keymailer.co/g/games/81877  
For creators who aren't on KeyMailer, try PMing me if you're interested.

Releasing on August 9th for all platforms (potentially including PS4 to this date as well)
plus release week will have a sale price, and it will be the same price for all platforms (USD)

so, I haven't posted updates on here in quite some time, so relatively recently we've added a shop outfitter, and a codex for some more thorough explanations of the game's mechanics

« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 08:58:58 AM by Zaibach333 » Logged

Zaibach333
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 02, 2019, 05:29:48 AM »

Got out a fun patch!

Zaibach333
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 14, 2019, 12:12:07 PM »

In addition to the patch, we have opened up our beta branch to steam users, it hosts a bunch of things we haven't been able to fully test.  Currently including the following:

*A Quick Confirmations setting (dramatically reduces the amount of confirmation boxes in the game)
*Auto Concentrate Skill (the Energy Wizard class has a powerful new skill which will give the unit concentrate every turn)
*Vulnerability upon use of Magic Powers has been nearly doubled in potency
*Blast Magic has dramatically increased damage amounts
*Magic Powers give more XP/SP gains
*End of battle spoil items now have additional items taken from the slain opponents
*The Whirlwind power for the Fighter class has had it's PP cost reduced
*All random numbers used in dice rolls are better randomized
*Added (pricey) Magic Defense focused armors, shield, capes, staffs
*The Rogue Steal skill has a chance to take gear right off of a target (might cause frame spikes upon stealing)
*AI for the Steal skill re-enabled from pre-alpha logic (probably buggy, stolen items come back upon death of the thief, or at the end of combat)
*Losing Units (in any way) should return their gear back to the Roster

We'll see if any/all can make it into the main build for all of the platforms with more feedback and QA.

Beastboy
Level 3

Happy birth day mom!

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 15, 2019, 05:17:04 PM »

Seems fun, gj on visuals
FuzzySlippers
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: December 01, 2019, 07:49:21 PM »

Have you thought about offering an option to play the animations at a lower frame rate? I think one of the things that can make your game look a little rougher in motion is that the dithered/aliased lines are constantly shimmering. If you reduced the frame rate on those animations significantly I think it'd actually improve the look since it'd seem less noisy.

I know it seems a little counter intuitive, but I've done a lot of testing with converting models to sprites and higher frame rates actually kill the effect for some people. When you reduce the frame rate people start reading them as closer to actual sprite art and they fill in the missing frames in their head. It can also mask poorer quality animations.

I think your game looks pretty cool, but I noticed it getting complaints about the look and just wanted to reach out in case it was something you hadn't considered. I'm guessing this is Unity and you are probably using mecanim and there isn't an out of the box method to do this, but it's actually pretty easy to just un pause / advance time / pause to fake the affect (ideally you'd remove all the smoothing between keyframes and just go between them directly, but this is easier).

Zaibach333
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 04, 2019, 09:00:14 AM »

Thanks for the input FuzzySlippers.

While in the past, the research into framerate was done mostly on the entire app, which lead to undesired results.

I have included a 12fps mode for rigged animators in the Steam public beta branch for PC (if you have the game on steam), I believe it is an improvement in some areas, the larger creatures especially, but not clean enough overall, for it to be defaulted on...

Let me know your thoughts though.

Zaibach333
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 08, 2019, 08:40:59 AM »

I've got a new class in the works, the Legionnaire. It's almost ready for the main branch.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic