Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411472 Posts in 69369 Topics- by 58423 Members - Latest Member: antkind

April 23, 2024, 12:14:29 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsLenin - The Lion (DEMO - Available) A non-battle RPG about depression.
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Lenin - The Lion (DEMO - Available) A non-battle RPG about depression.  (Read 1209 times)
lornyon
Level 0

\o/

View Profile WWW
« on: May 15, 2017, 12:04:57 PM »

Facebook
Tumblr
Discord Server
Homepage

Lenin is an albino lion, the only one of his kind, and because of this he feels insecure and constantly discouraged. In fact, Lenin caters to all the symptoms of depression. Worse, his mother does not understand why his son was born that way, and the whole village despises him and treats him cruelly. At school, he suffers bullying and can not concentrate on class.

Hopeless about life, certain situations seem to awaken in Lenin something that is not of everyone’s reality, but only of his. Something he will discover to be part of something else.

Now, Lenin will find other species of animals, which may help him to understand himself.
Besides, he'll need to face his inner fears and enemies - and often, the outer ones as well.

Lenin and his mother.

Lenin is the main character of the game and the only one playable.
His mother is an erased figure and without many good thoughts. Constantly sad, she doesn't understand her son's situation and can only feel sorry for herself. Her interactions with Lenin are always very dry and fast, as if they were strangers.​

Each choice in Lenin - The Lion sets a bit on a path to be followed. Each one of them! Even an informal conversation with an NPC has a second sense and a proposal with the options. Think well before making a decision and see your results at the end of each section of the game. Of course, notice the changes your choices made in Lenin’s life.

Lenin’s backpack is your menu. Only with it can you access your items and read information about them. Make sure you always keep it with you. If you lose it… well, no menu! Better go back before someone finds it!

There is always at least one more way to do something. If you want to go through a gated area, talk to someone who can give you the way out of there, or perhaps go through a puzzle that will allow you that. Sometimes all you need is an item and a good chat (or a bad chat)!

That’s right: don’t even think about finding an enemy and start a fight. Lenin missed out on karate classes and did not want to fight too much. But make no mistake: it isn’t because Lenin doesn’t fight that he doesn’t get into fights… It’s better to find a way to get rid of conflict situations. Hey, you better give him a little help, huh?

What else?
World replete with references to depression, its effects and treatments.
Choices determine the different endings of the game (there are 3 in the demo).
Original art / soundtrack.
Anthropomorphized world.
A cute and unique main character ♥

DOWNLOAD THE DEMO ON ITCH.IO! CLICK HERE!

----------------
Lenin - The Lion (Official Trailer).​

« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 08:35:40 AM by lornyon » Logged
lornyon
Level 0

\o/

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2017, 08:20:22 AM »

Hello everyone!

The project is available in other forums/websites as well:

RpgMaker.Net
Tumblr

If you wish to help and get some rewards, take a look at Patreon too!

See you guys Smiley
foofter
Level 4

MAKE THAT GARDEN GROW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2017, 10:51:45 AM »

Hey! I think our games are pretty similar, actually. Mine is also about non-human character exploring scary internal worlds with monsters that embody different emotional responses. (And mine is also made in RPG Maker Wink ).

I think your game looks super interesting, but I think maybe you could hide the connections a little to let players figure it out for themselves - for example, instead of naming the Elephant "Hunger," it could be named "Eugene" or whatever, but from it's personality people would get the "hunger" thing. I think it's more fun for players when they feel like they are figuring out what the characters really are or what the game really means. ...At least, that's something I thought often while making my game.

So, I think I was giving some advice, it would be to let your players have some fun with their imaginations and guess things a little! Maybe some people will just enjoy it as a story about "Eugene" and other characters without thinking about the deeper message, and maybe that's okay, too...?

Anyway, good luck!

@_monstergarden (game) and @williamzwood (me)
See Monster Garden progress here: https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=56012.0
lornyon
Level 0

\o/

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2017, 02:25:55 PM »

Hey! I think our games are pretty similar, actually. Mine is also about non-human character exploring scary internal worlds with monsters that embody different emotional responses. (And mine is also made in RPG Maker Wink ).

I think your game looks super interesting, but I think maybe you could hide the connections a little to let players figure it out for themselves - for example, instead of naming the Elephant "Hunger," it could be named "Eugene" or whatever, but from it's personality people would get the "hunger" thing. I think it's more fun for players when they feel like they are figuring out what the characters really are or what the game really means. ...At least, that's something I thought often while making my game.

So, I think I was giving some advice, it would be to let your players have some fun with their imaginations and guess things a little! Maybe some people will just enjoy it as a story about "Eugene" and other characters without thinking about the deeper message, and maybe that's okay, too...?

Anyway, good luck!

Hey, thanks for the comment!
I understand what you say when you quibble to hide some connections, but those two of the publications are like examples of what will be found. The other symptoms will not be revealed in this way, and the player will feel inside it according to the progress of the game.

I hope when the demo comes out you can confirm this and do not be disappointed Smiley
Thanks again and see you soon!
lornyon
Level 0

\o/

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2017, 09:40:04 PM »

Hello guys!
I updated the topic and also linked the video trailer and the demo download as well!
Hope you guys enjoy it! Thanks Smiley

DOWNLOAD THE DEMO ON ITCH.IO! CLICK HERE!

----------------
Lenin - The Lion (Official Trailer).​

foofter
Level 4

MAKE THAT GARDEN GROW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2017, 12:51:41 AM »

Are you doing everything yourself? That's a lot of nice graphics! I like when he sees the big whale in particular.
And when can I play the demo?

@_monstergarden (game) and @williamzwood (me)
See Monster Garden progress here: https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=56012.0
Stricle
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2017, 04:07:09 AM »

Hello there!

You have a very interesting concept.

I'm totally with you on this. I guess we just got tired of playing with emotionless and apathetic characters.

I'm downloading the DEMO right now. I can feedback you if you want. Are you doing this all by yourself? The songs are also nice!

My devlog:     My twitter:
Private Party      twitter
lornyon
Level 0

\o/

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2017, 08:35:02 AM »

Are you doing everything yourself? That's a lot of nice graphics! I like when he sees the big whale in particular.
And when can I play the demo?

Hello there!

You have a very interesting concept.

I'm totally with you on this. I guess we just got tired of playing with emotionless and apathetic characters.

I'm downloading the DEMO right now. I can feedback you if you want. Are you doing this all by yourself? The songs are also nice!

Hello friends! Yep, I'm doing everything for the game (Pixel Art, some illustrations, animations, etc.), except for the songs.
The demo is already available Foofter, you can download it on Itch.io (or rpg maker net if you prefer to leave a review as well hehe).

Thanks and I wait for the feedback, obj_control, it's always welcome! :D
Stricle
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2017, 05:02:16 PM »

I'm sending you a PM with feedback Smiley

My devlog:     My twitter:
Private Party      twitter
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic