Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 03:46:35 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)Hi!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Hi!  (Read 1027 times)
ToaMagna
TIGBaby

Just happy to be here

View Profile
Hi!
« on: May 19, 2017, 12:27:41 PM »

Hello, everyone. I'm Niels and this is my introduction/art thread. I'm an amatuer pixel artist, and I was told several times in the past that my bits and pieces would be quite fitting for a small game of sorts. Now, I'm not really sure if this is true or not, because I have a very nasty tendency of not being satisfied by my own personal work, but I still decided to share some of my art with you folks to see what you think.

ca3games
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2017, 12:52:59 PM »

I don't want to dissapoint you, but is not quite professional level yet.
I'm not going to critique it because is clearly amateurish, but I'm going to refer you to some place where you can learn art:

>Andrew Loomis books
>Glen vilppu DVD
>Gnomon workshops DVD
>Chaos and Evolution Blender digital painting DVD
>Ctrl and paint videos
>Noah art camp

You're clearly not there at some professional level, but if you focus on fundamentals, you could improve really fast.
Before each practice session, try to put some goals, like today I'll learn to draw an eye, or how to render hair, and evaluate objectivelly if you had archieve your goal and why not.

See you in some months, also focus on realism first, forget pixel art or anime for a while.
Bad_Dude 2017
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2017, 01:22:49 PM »

he said he is an amateur Shrug
i like the weird mood/narrative going on those.
Some drawing practice and composition-color theory stuff is a way of an artist on his way to competence.
Here the most famous pixelart tutorial, also check out pixelation commercial critique stuff if you want to pursue pixel art.
http://pixeljoint.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=11299
redredred
Level 0

Colorful worlds

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2017, 08:04:18 PM »

Also look at some of Amanda Haddad's work. You seem to like making scenery, and her work might interest you
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic