Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411482 Posts in 69370 Topics- by 58426 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 23, 2024, 10:51:02 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingBVOVB: Bruising Vengeance of the Vintage Boxer
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: BVOVB: Bruising Vengeance of the Vintage Boxer  (Read 1363 times)
rostok
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: May 25, 2017, 11:27:30 AM »

Hello!
Here's my latest game called "BVOVB: Bruising Vengeance of the Vintage Boxer". Game follows a classic arcade brawler idea. You play as a retired boxer who is looking for his stolen dog and must face lot's of enemies. I used some old pictures from 1910s, 1920s and 30s for both backgrounds and characters. Guess this is a true retro game.

BVOVB is almost complete and I need to do some polishing only. However before final release I would love to get some last feedback, mainly in the following topics:
* gameplay - is it playable? how are the fighting mechanics?
* difficulty - is it too hard (or maybe too easy)?
* size / length - there are 12 levels and 18 unique enemies, some unlockable backstories and achievement - is it enough?
* overall reception and other issues

Beta is avaiable here as a in-browser Flash, downloadable SWF or Windows EXE:
http://rostok.3e.pl/BVOVB/betaprev/
Oh, to complicate things a little more there are two resolutions to choose from (FHD and qHD)
boymakesnoise
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2017, 11:16:38 AM »

Really liked the aesthetics! I'm not that good at brawlers though, but I found it difficult to use the parry and punch together, the parry didn't seem to help me. I was better off just trying to punch.

twitter: boymakesnoise
rostok
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2017, 09:09:51 AM »

I must admit that block (parry) itself may be used occasionaly - just to survive repeated attacks by multiple opponents (when blocking you receive half the damage but wont get knocked down). However block is also an important element of two combos - headbutt and sacrifice throw.
rostok
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2017, 04:41:41 AM »

OK, I fixed some issues and finally released the game. Play it at itch.io or gamejolt.

http://rostok.itch.io/bvovb

http://gamejolt.com/games/bvovb/262682
freank
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2017, 11:46:24 PM »

flash? now it's not a good idea to make a game in flesh. Chrome (the most used browser) is blocking the flash script Sad

My last game:

Supporter of
rostok
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2017, 08:52:36 AM »

Yeah, I agree - flash is not that popular any more. I know Flashpunk engine quite well and love the toolchain and workflow. Guess old habits die hard. I tried looking into HaxePunk and HaxeFlixel but their forums seem deserted.

But as for my game there is standalone windows version available.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic