Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1301940 Posts in 58017 Topics- by 49090 Members - Latest Member: baybayman

June 25, 2017, 04:11:43 pm

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperTechnical (Moderator: ThemsAllTook)Which game engines truly support master-client with host migration?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Which game engines truly support master-client with host migration?  (Read 163 times)
rico.decho
Level 0

View Profile Email
« on: May 27, 2017, 05:46:04 am »

For an indie multiplayer FPS game, I need to choose a 3D game engine with the following features :

* multi-platform (Windows, Mac, Linux)
* game state replication
* big outdoors with vegetation and ambient occlusion
* open source C++ code

Unfortunately I can't afford the costs to host the games on dedicated servers.

Therefore I need a engine which really allows me to only pay for the few servers handling the player matchmaking, lobby management and NAT-punchtrough, while it's one of the players of the lobby who actually hosts the game and replicates its state towards the other players.

If he ever leaves the game (properly or not) before it ends, the lobby server is simply informed that another player must become the game host.

I would like to know which affordable 3D game engines truly support master client with host migration, among those matching my requirements (CryEngine, Lumberyard, Unreal Engine, etc) ?
Polly
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2017, 05:56:54 am »

If those are your ( most important ) requirements, then CryEngine is your best bet.
rico.decho
Level 0

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2017, 09:24:52 am »

If those are your ( most important ) requirements, then CryEngine is your best bet.

Ok! Thanks Smiley
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic