Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411469 Posts in 69368 Topics- by 58422 Members - Latest Member: daffodil_dev

April 23, 2024, 06:21:26 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborationsArtist/Designer looking for Programmer for 2D-Action Roguelike
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Artist/Designer looking for Programmer for 2D-Action Roguelike  (Read 2266 times)
TylerM
Level 0

View Profile
« on: May 28, 2017, 07:25:21 AM »

I'm a 2D animator currently designing an action rogue-like. Think Hyper Light Drifter's combat meets Binding of Issac level structure.

Combat Mockup

Room Mockups:

Portal/Exit Room

Combat Room

Shrine Room

Playable characters (so far, I want to design more):

Each class plays a bit differently. Knight and Rogue emphasize melee, while Gunner is ranged.
Witch, I imagine, really delicate but super powerful

I imagine players dying and returning to a town where they can buy new characters and unlock cosmetic items by doing quests. At the top of the town is a sanctuary where players return to the Loop (Forest concept is first level)

When players teleport to and fro levels (via the portals), an effect like this "beams" them in:

Beyond the forest level I keep showing off, here are some enemy concepts from the Hell/Undead level concept:

I'm looking for a partner who will prototype with me then get we'll get funding and split everything 50/50. Please have some experience
and a love or at least interest in Hyper Light Drifter.

A little bit about me: Ive been making games for about 6 years as artist/designer. Ive always worked with programmers Ive found online.
I just released a game called Sentry Knight Tactics http://store.steampowered.com/app/503210/Sentry_Knight_Tactics/ at the end of 2016.

If you think you have the chops to work with me, please email me at: [email protected]

djpaul1963
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2017, 11:06:58 AM »

Check your email plz

Everything can be done but I don't know how
ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2017, 04:41:16 PM »