Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411273 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 01:11:30 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsGlitch - First-Person impossible game
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Author Topic: Glitch - First-Person impossible game  (Read 7500 times)
Zilk
Level 1

View Profile
« on: May 28, 2017, 10:17:52 AM »

Hey!
I'm the developer behind Pull My Tongue and Fluffy Jump. Lately I've been working on a new project that is very different from what I've done before. I'm still quite early in the development but I thought I would start posting progress from now on.

It's going to have a quite abstract/sci-fi art style so I'll start with showing off that and post some more cool stuff as I go Smiley

« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 05:11:51 AM by Zilk » Logged
Zilk
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2017, 09:57:02 AM »

Tonight I've been working on getting some rough gameplay going as well as fixing up some code to allow for different backgrounds and levels.

(sorry about the heavy banding, gifs can be a pain Wink )
Zilk
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2017, 01:02:59 PM »

So I got some time tonight, started fiddling with another background and added some control to the tiles to handle how they tween in.

Pixelologist
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2017, 05:53:56 PM »

Looks pretty cool, but I need more information about what I'm seeing in the gifs. Is this an auto-runner? What's the percentage count for? Be sure to clearly explain your game. Good luck with this. Smiley
AaronB
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2017, 07:34:25 PM »

This reminds me a lot of Rolling Sky but with a twist (sorry about the pun).

Zilk
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2017, 11:47:43 PM »

Looks pretty cool, but I need more information about what I'm seeing in the gifs. Is this an auto-runner? What's the percentage count for? Be sure to clearly explain your game. Good luck with this. Smiley

I think this will be a comment for AaronB as well, since the game is very inspired by games such as Rolling Sky, Impossible Game, Geometry Dash. So basically the % is how far you have run in the level. So for those who like Rolling Sky, you will feel very at home in this game. At least that is my goal Smiley
Zilk
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2017, 10:13:12 AM »

I've been cleaning up some code and working on getting a first draft of a designed level in. I've also added so you can fall and die if you miss a tile etc. Hope you guys like it! Smiley

mirrorfish
Level 1

?!?! ... It's just a box.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2017, 11:32:32 AM »

This looks cool! I like the art style a lot. Is it FPS style controls or more endless / auto runner style? Looks very nice so far, I like the level-building animation too. Reminds me a bit visually of Bound, which was gorgeous.

Zilk
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2017, 12:20:45 PM »

Thanks! It's got swipe controls and three lanes. So you swipe left/right to switch lane, up to jump and down to slide.
Zilk
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2017, 11:43:44 AM »

Got tired of watching the horrible mockup UI I've had for the last few weeks so started working on a UI style. And I kinda thought a good start for that would be a logo.

Zilk
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2017, 12:29:21 AM »

Huh, noticed that both AppAdvice and TouchArcade has written a little article about Glitch. If any of the writers see this, thanks a lot!

This really puts the pressure on doesn't it, damn. Well time to get shit done I guess :D
Zilk
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2017, 07:31:10 AM »

I've had a lot of stuff going on this last week with moving. Wife kids and I moved into our new house out in the middle of the woods Tongue

I did however get some time to work on the main menu and transitions when switching between levels. Might need a few more tweaks but here it is!

Zilk
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2017, 03:59:21 AM »

I've done some UI tweaks these last few days, cleaned up some menus, started working on the popup styles etc. So nothing cool to show at all Tongue

I did however make a little swipe to start animation at the start of every level that ended up being cool-isch.
Zilk
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2017, 08:53:42 AM »

It was a while since I posted last. I have been all wrapped up in work and house painting (zzzZZzz). I have however managed to cram in some dev time, not doing anything fancy though. I've been working on UI, added some animations, made popups look nicer etc. All updates can't be fun I guess :D

Zilk
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2017, 12:29:44 PM »

Finished up the shield function today, added an effect when it's turned on and one when it breaks. The shield basically blocks one mistake when you hit some obstacle.

stuffedwombat
Level 0

I make video games

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2017, 11:03:16 PM »

This looks very pretty and interestening
Smiley

If I may be so bold, I would suggest to add something more exciting than a short drop at the end of levels ^^
If you need a tester, hmu
Zilk
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2017, 12:57:07 AM »

Haha, yeah I must agree :D The levels are very unfinished. I'm gonna have checkpoints, more obstacles and also of course a "finish line" of sorts Smiley
tanis
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2017, 06:52:52 AM »

This looks nice! What are you using for the UI?

Zilk
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2017, 12:48:25 PM »

I'm using Unitys new UI system. Works great actually Smiley
Zilk
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2017, 12:48:34 PM »

Ok so I'm no sound guy but I bought some dub step loop packs and bashed together something. Just so I can start trying to fix everything up and match gameplay to music. If anyone wants to take a listen to the first draft here it is:

https://soundcloud.com/david-marquardt-579243914/glitch-dash-1
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic