Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411504 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 05:39:55 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsGlitch - First-Person impossible game
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Author Topic: Glitch - First-Person impossible game  (Read 7564 times)
justincavenagh
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2017, 02:28:53 PM »

Ok so I'm no sound guy but I bought some dub step loop packs and bashed together something. Just so I can start trying to fix everything up and match gameplay to music. If anyone wants to take a listen to the first draft here it is:

https://soundcloud.com/david-marquardt-579243914/glitch-dash-1

Its a good start for place holder and to see how the gameplay and music might work together. However because it is made from loop packs it lacks that "special something" the life and energy that you get when the music is made esspecially for your game.

Zilk
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2017, 01:16:14 PM »

So I "finished" the music draft I was working on and started designing a level for it. The goal is to have the level move and feel connected to the music. I'm not even half way there yet but it kinda has promise.

Let me know what you guys think Smiley

12LandsBoundlessSpace
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2017, 01:43:03 PM »

Very nice, I love the sound of that!
Zilk
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2017, 01:55:23 AM »

I've been polishing up some stuff and also added collectibles, diamonds and crowns that are gonna be placed in harder to reach places on the levels.

Also made a lot of tweaks to the controls. I realized that I had to make them a bit nicer, especially when jumping since the fps view makes it hard to time jumps.

Zilk
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2017, 01:20:17 PM »

Wanted to do something fun so I spent some time building a portal effect for the gate you pass through to complete the levels. What do you think, portally enough?

Zilk
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2017, 09:59:19 AM »

I implemented the portal and added animations to it. And now when the player passes through it the level ends. Sweet! Smiley

Zilk
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2017, 12:48:12 PM »

Started adding some more interesting obstacles, hammers!

They can be rotated however and this perticular one smacked me right in the face first time I tried the new level Tongue
Zilk
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2017, 12:34:32 PM »

So I continued working on the levels, hammers and some more basic obstacles today. Basically I want the levels to be "confusing", but in a good way. Meaning I want things to distract the player, so even though moving straight ahead in the same lane is the right choice, I want it to feel like it might not be.

I think I'm getting there :D

Zilk
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2017, 01:58:12 AM »

I'm working on a new background for one of the earlier levels. What do you think still gotta add some more props etc but this is the general direction I'm going for.

Zilk
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2017, 06:15:42 AM »

Improved the new background with some more shapes and polish. Also tried adding lighting to the whole scene to get some subtle shadows etc.

Kyle Preston
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2017, 03:18:37 PM »

Game looks awesome and the concept is captivating. I loved The Impossible Game.  If I'm being honest, the dubstep is a bit of a turn-off – it's in so many games and films now. It feels overused. I see the appeal of beat-driven music for this though, totally appropriate.

Can't wait to play a demo of this Zilk : )

Zilk
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2017, 10:40:55 PM »

I've been working on another background for the game, I'm calling it Dunes.

Zilk
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2017, 09:46:46 PM »

I finished up another background, a bit more alien like. Only two more to go and then I gotta create music for all of them and then the level design!

Josh Bossie
Level 3

Fly Safe, Pup

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2017, 10:00:01 PM »

Having a hard time grasping what exactly this game is, even after going through the topic. The latest few gifs give me a major No Mans Sky vibe, haha

Zilk
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2017, 10:55:23 PM »

Hah, it's basically a impossible game but in fps view. So swipe controls to switch lanes and jump/glide. There are some gameplay gifs posted as well Smiley
Zilk
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2017, 01:15:57 PM »

Background number 5, only one left to do and then it's onto music creation Smiley

Zilk
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2017, 05:57:07 AM »

So I finished the last background last night so now all 6 backgrounds are done. Next step is to create music for all of them Smiley

Zilk
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2017, 09:44:29 AM »

I've continued working on new levels this week. This is a grab from one of them Smiley

Zilk
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2017, 09:04:46 AM »

Kept working on more level and level design this week, added laser cannons that block an entire lane. Still gonna tweak these a bit more, maybe add some functionality to have them shooting to the beat and stuff like that.

What do you think, cool? :D

Zilk
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2017, 01:03:56 AM »

I did some tweaks to gameplay (tiles and obstacle) shader to fake a bit of light bounce from the background, also added a slight rim light to things.

I added camera shakes when hammers hit the ground as well, it's based on the distance from the player to the hammer so bigger shake the closer you are. Really helped getting the hammers to feel heavy and powerful.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic