Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 04:58:59 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessI have a semi-successful PC game, should I even bother with a mobile port?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: I have a semi-successful PC game, should I even bother with a mobile port?  (Read 1150 times)
test84
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: May 30, 2017, 02:16:27 AM »

Hi,

I've made a 2D shooter platformer on Steam that had good responses there with "Very Positive" feedback title on the page. It has not much votes but the few people that it got their attention really liked it. I've never published on big app stores, only local Android ones, and I was wondering due to much higher competitive market on mobile, is there any chance for me?

I don't have community nor a marketing budget so my best luck is app stores picking up the game on their self and promoting it on "best new games" sections. Is it likely to happen?

Thanks

Grhyll
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2017, 02:28:49 AM »

If you don't have a community, no contact with people at Apple and no press presence, I'd say it's not very likely.

Programmer at The Game Bakers
3-50.net
Current project: oQo
redredred
Level 0

Colorful worlds

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2017, 05:46:20 PM »

I agree with the guy above me. If you run a good community, then sure. Skull girls was well loved, and it took them until just this year to launch a mobile port. A considerable amount of time must have been spent to think about it. Good luck man
Whiteclaws
Level 10

#include <funny.h>

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2017, 11:18:18 PM »

The mobile market is over saturated. If you don't have big dollars to throw at marketing, don't even bother, esp. if your game has a small community
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic