Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411523 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 02:16:21 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperAudioSome music
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: Some music  (Read 14022 times)
Craig Stern
Level 10

I'm not actually all that stern.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2010, 09:53:20 AM »

New track added! "Lying in Wait" is creepy, suspenseful music. It uses bass violin ensemble, pizzicato cello and violin, contrabassoon, glockenspiel, bass drum, wood blocks, and viola ensemble.

Also, there is a new version of the Telepath Theme that is shortened for the title screen, as well as sweetened with a new trombone ensemble part that I think really gives it a lot of extra "oomph." Smiley

Craig Stern
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2010, 08:18:14 AM »

New track added! "Taste My Power" is music for the game's major boss battles. During the track's climax around when the gong hits, I was going for a Shadow of the Colossus-type feeling. Personally, I think it sounds pretty awesome. Smiley

"Taste My Power" uses viola ensemble, trombone ensemble, trumpet ensemble, french horn ensemble, violin ensemble, xylophone, timpani, snare drum, gong, asian cymbal, and concert grand piano.

Craig Stern
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2010, 10:15:52 AM »

Bit of a cool update here--I've met the acquaintance of a lovely young lady who sings opera, who has agreed to help me embellish one or more of these tracks. We should be recording tomorrow. Smiley

VedoM
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2010, 10:23:55 AM »

I listened to few tracks and I love what you do. Really good atmospheric and visual music. Thumbs way up!!!
Craig Stern
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2010, 06:41:37 AM »

Thank you, sir! I'm glad you like it. Gentleman

Update: "On Trial," Track 10, has been redone with operatic singing courtesy of Ms. Danielle Forrester (it comes in during the dramatic part of the song, about 40 seconds in).

Craig Stern
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: May 23, 2010, 11:44:02 AM »

New track: "Riddle Door" for rooms with a door that can only be opened by solving a riddle. Riddle Door uses only a music box instrument.

Craig Stern
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: August 02, 2010, 03:41:32 PM »

New track: Pleasant Desert, a light-hearted track for desert locations that aren't the oppressive thumb of the Cult. This track uses nyatiti, triangle, piccolo, oboe, djembes, riq, and cymbals.

Craig Stern
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: October 31, 2010, 07:51:59 AM »

New track added to the player at spot 13: March of the Oppressed, a military march that acts as the theme of the People's Resistance of Ravinale.

Instruments used: timpani, snare drums, cymbals, cello and violin ensembles, french horn ensemble, trombone ensemble, trumpet ensemble, piccolo and celesta.

Craig Stern
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: November 05, 2010, 02:03:25 PM »

New track, "What is a Telepath?" This is a really short piece, not even half a minute. It's sort of a romantic piano interlude inspired by Chopin. It really isn't meant to loop, but it probably will unless you stop it.

Craig Stern
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: December 03, 2010, 07:13:58 PM »

I've started work on a new track that I am currently calling "Kick It" for no reason other than "Kick It" was the first thing that came to mind. It has synth bass, Spanish flamenco guitar, and (best of all) some awesome-sounding female vocals courtesy of Voices of Passion, which I've just started dicking around with.

You can download it here.

I haven't decided what I'm doing with this track yet--I don't think it really fits the TSoG vibe, so I might save it for use in a future game.

Craig Stern
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: December 18, 2010, 10:15:07 AM »

I've been wanting to add a choral part to "Taste My Power" for a while now. Well, I just got around to messing around with Symphonic Choirs this morning, and I've updated "Taste My Power" with the results. (It's on the music player.)

Unfortunately, I'm limited to only using an Alto choir right now due to some sort of snafu regarding the locations of some of the samples. (Does it just skip some of them during installation or something? Who knows.) Still, I think it sounds pretty decent. I'm looking forward to playing around with the program some more and getting the bass choir working as well.

Craig Stern
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: April 07, 2011, 05:31:04 PM »

Final boss music. You love it. I love it. I've written some.
Without further ado, I present to you: Cygnus the Prophet / Cygnus the Pretender.

Craig Stern
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: February 27, 2012, 04:46:51 PM »

Hey, guys! Not to necro this thread or anything, but this seemed like the most relevant place to post about this. The soundtrack for Telepath RPG: Servants of God has been released. It's over on Bandcamp for pay-what-you-want dollars and zero cents ($2.99 and up). Have a look. Smiley

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic