Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411493 Posts in 69372 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 05:26:27 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessHow to market WITH a budget? [Seeking advice]
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: How to market WITH a budget? [Seeking advice]  (Read 1255 times)
xier
Level 1

Totes mah goats

View Profile WWW
« on: May 31, 2017, 07:38:16 AM »

Hey business folk,

Opposed to the mass amounts of game developers requesting information how to market a game with $0 budget, I am asking for advice for best practices when there is an actual budget that can be used. Specifically, I am looking to drive 1000 installs to a relatively unknown free to play game on behalf of a firm I am working for.

I (think I) have done my research as to best practices for the grass roots approach and have experimented with Facebook split tests, but with a budget (Let's say, $10000), what are the best places to spend and to get best returns.

I'm looking to tap into PC users, or Android users with a WiFi connection.

Any advice or leads much appreciated  Gentleman

Currently working on: www.dragonoflegends.com
Feel like connecting? {Twitter}{Facebook}
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2017, 09:10:20 AM »

google adwords and facebook ads are probably the most likely things, but don't just spend money on them blindly, both take a lot of work to tweak, track, and get right, to make sure you are making back at least as much money as you are spending. cliffski has a good article on how to spend money on advertising for indie games, here:

http://positech.co.uk/cliffsblog/2013/10/11/what-i-think-i-know-about-advertising-as-an-indie-game-developer/

he says he has spent over 100k british pounds on advertising his indie games, so if anyone knows how to do it, it's him

clemmons_io
Level 0

Games, Growth, & Glory!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2017, 08:02:06 PM »

I would invest the bulk of your budget into Facebook Video ads.

Test at least two different videos (about 1 minute in length each) at $1/day. Take the one that performs better (10-second views, clicks, conversions, etc.) and then scale that up to whatever daily budget you can afford.

Read my blog here: https://clemmons.io
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic