Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411489 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 29, 2024, 04:46:13 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsSummoners Fate - Turn-based strategy rpg+ccg adventure
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 40
Print
Author Topic: Summoners Fate - Turn-based strategy rpg+ccg adventure  (Read 97134 times)
RossD20Studios
Level 7

Inspiring Greatness

View Profile WWW
« Reply #180 on: October 03, 2017, 08:53:19 AM »

NOW accepting submissions for our Music Competition for our forthcoming Summoners Fate games trailer!

Visit D20Studios.com for more details. Feel free to share with your musician friends

Developing Summoners Fate, a top down turn based strategy adventure.
TIGForum DevLog
Jovu
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #181 on: October 03, 2017, 10:46:32 AM »

Art looks great. Check
My two favorite genres mixed together? Check :D

Good luck! Please finish this. Will definitely keep an eye on your progress. Toast Right

RossD20Studios
Level 7

Inspiring Greatness

View Profile WWW
« Reply #182 on: October 03, 2017, 11:05:42 AM »

Art looks great. Check
My two favorite genres mixed together? Check :D

Good luck! Please finish this. Will definitely keep an eye on your progress. Toast Right

Thank you, Jovu! You can count on us to finish this project. If you'd like to help us out, I'd greatly appreciate a "Support" click on our Thunderclap page which will help get the word out about our Kickstarter when it launches: https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/62516-summoners-fate

BTW - your platformer RPG looks pretty great. I'll take a closer look on your dev log and leave some comments.

~Ross

TIGForum DevLog
RossD20Studios
Level 7

Inspiring Greatness

View Profile WWW
« Reply #183 on: October 03, 2017, 05:56:18 PM »

Yikes... My Word!

If you haven't signed up already, Volume 10 of our Summoners Fate Newsletter is going out tomorrow, 10/4. Sign up here: SummonersFate.com. There will be a fun exclusive 1st look, don't want to miss it.

TIGForum DevLog
RossD20Studios
Level 7

Inspiring Greatness

View Profile WWW
« Reply #184 on: October 04, 2017, 02:42:09 PM »

Meet the Ironclads!

Employing their powerful armor, matching ornate shields, and expertly-crafted weapons, the Ironclads venture onto the battlefield with purpose in their hearts - to honor their promise to fight in the name of the Emperor (coming soon)...no matter the cost...

What do you think? The character in the center is the Captain and give the soldiers a bonus during gameplay.

If you like what you see, consider supporting our Thunderclap campaign & help us spread the word about Summoners Fate, a top-down, turn-based RPG + CCG adventure!  https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/62516-summoners-fate
« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 02:49:52 PM by RossD20Studios » Logged

TIGForum DevLog
RossD20Studios
Level 7

Inspiring Greatness

View Profile WWW
« Reply #185 on: October 05, 2017, 12:41:24 PM »

Hmm...we can't decide between these two Nightmare Shadow creatures based on the sketches. To give you context, this creature is a horror from another dimension that is straight out of nightmares and is often associated with sleep paralysis. It will be a darker color, and will float.

Which one do YOU like best - 1 or 2? Let us know in the comments.

TIGForum DevLog
KellyD20Studios
Level 1

Choose Happy

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: October 06, 2017, 06:53:39 AM »

Hello!  Coffee

Ross recently wrote an article for IndieDB.com about how he incorporated weather FX into Summoners Fate. Check it out  Wink >> http://www.indiedb.com/games/summoners-fate/news/weather-fx-in-summoners-fate

I do Marketing for D20Studios and GameDev Chats
Currently developing Summoners Fate, a top down turn based strategy adventure.
RossD20Studios
Level 7

Inspiring Greatness

View Profile WWW
« Reply #187 on: October 06, 2017, 09:02:21 AM »

Don't want to see one of these in your room at night...

At 100% agreement - the 2nd sketch for the Nightmare Shadow will be the one we will move forward with. This should be a fun, creepy addition to our Horror class.

Thanks for your votes and helping us decide - you rock  Hand Metal Left

TIGForum DevLog
RossD20Studios
Level 7

Inspiring Greatness

View Profile WWW
« Reply #188 on: October 06, 2017, 05:14:05 PM »

Here's a feature of just SOME of the female and male characters available to play in Summoners Fate. Which ones would you like to play as?

Any characters you'd like to see that you don't see here? We will have over 200+ playable characters in Summoners Fate.

.      .      .      .
If you like what you see, consider supporting our Thunderclap campaign & help us spread the word about Summoners Fate, a top-down, turn-based RPG + CCG adventure!

>  Click here: https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/62516-summoners-fate
>  Click Support, and choose the social media platforms you'd like to support us on (Facebook, Twitter, and/or Tumblr)
>  Check that you did it correctly by looking at "Recent Supporters"
>  That's it!

Thank you for those who have already committed your support for this indie game  Smiley
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 05:22:46 PM by RossD20Studios » Logged

TIGForum DevLog
RossD20Studios
Level 7

Inspiring Greatness

View Profile WWW
« Reply #189 on: October 07, 2017, 10:51:12 AM »

Sylvia the Druid explores the forest with her trusty squirrel companion.

New environment effects we're working on included in this scene are animated sun beams, butterflies and trees swaying. Make sure the Volume is up for max effect of forest sounds!

What do you think?

TIGForum DevLog
KellyD20Studios
Level 1

Choose Happy

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: October 08, 2017, 06:09:34 PM »

Sunday sketches - Archer and Ninja, 2 more fun characters to add to our roster of 200+ for Summoners Fate.

What do you think so far?

nathy after dark
Level 8

Open Sourceress

View Profile WWW
« Reply #191 on: October 09, 2017, 12:50:01 PM »

Hi local friends! I played your demo at the Leonardo Game Night several months ago and now that I've found the dev log, I'll be following along!

Quote from: RossD20Studios
Here's a feature of just SOME of the female and male characters available to play in Summoners Fate. Which ones would you like to play as?

Any characters you'd like to see that you don't see here? We will have over 200+ playable characters in Summoners Fate.

Like I mentioned when I played the demo, I'm enamored with the diverse options for playable characters. My only personal suggestion as the resident SJW would be add more androgynous/non-conforming characters, and potentially not to divide the characters ingame along an explicit binary. Smiley

RossD20Studios
Level 7

Inspiring Greatness

View Profile WWW
« Reply #192 on: October 09, 2017, 01:53:13 PM »

Hi local friends! I played your demo at the Leonardo Game Night several months ago and now that I've found the dev log, I'll be following along!

Quote from: RossD20Studios

Like I mentioned when I played the demo, I'm enamored with the diverse options for playable characters. My only personal suggestion as the resident SJW would be add more androgynous/non-conforming characters, and potentially not to divide the characters ingame along an explicit binary. Smiley

Hi nathy! I remember you from Leonardo - and I absolutely loved what you had to say about our character choices when we met. Thank you so much for discovering and following along on our devlog. I really appreciate your feedback and will take it to heart. I would consider it a real achievement for players to describe our game as diverse, inviting and engaging. This is not a trivial nor easy thing to do. Each player will have different expectations. I think our success depends on how well we listen to our players and adapt, and I will commit my full attention and best effort to do so.

TIGForum DevLog
KellyD20Studios
Level 1

Choose Happy

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: October 09, 2017, 03:23:05 PM »

Meet some of our playable animals (many more on the way!) for Summoners Fate. Most of these have special animations and other FX to really enhance your experience playing them in the game.

What do you think? Which ones would YOU like to play?  Shrug

Pixel Noise
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #194 on: October 09, 2017, 03:26:42 PM »

omg that little armored chipmunk or w/e to the left of the griffin is adorable

Pixel Noise - professional composition/sound design studio.
 https://soundcloud.com/pixel-noise
 https://twitter.com/PixelNoiseMusic
 https://pixelnoisemusic.bandcamp.com/

Recently completed the ReallyGoodBattle OST!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=vgf-4DjU5q
RossD20Studios
Level 7

Inspiring Greatness

View Profile WWW
« Reply #195 on: October 09, 2017, 04:07:07 PM »

omg that little armored chipmunk or w/e to the left of the griffin is adorable

Ha ha...isn't it?!  Smiley Thanks.  It's an Armored Squirrel, a wonderfully awesome idea thought up by a player who really wanted a Squirrel Deck and characters in the game, and we were happy to do it! Here's an older video showing it:

TIGForum DevLog
KellyD20Studios
Level 1

Choose Happy

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: October 11, 2017, 05:37:03 AM »

Here's a video of some new and improved sun rays FX for Summoners Fate! This was created by Daniel Sperl, Co-founder of Gamua and author of Sparrow & Starling Frameworks for us. This example shows how these new rays are much more versatile and they will not eat your phone's battery or affect your computer's performance when playing!

If you have a game you are working on and use Starling framework, here's the link to add these to your game: http://tinyurl.com/y7ybkeh9Gentleman

KellyD20Studios
Level 1

Choose Happy

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: October 11, 2017, 11:43:20 AM »

This is what happens when you don't keep the Liche King's skeleton summoning in check... Mock Anger

Summoners Fate...coming soon

RossD20Studios
Level 7

Inspiring Greatness

View Profile WWW
« Reply #198 on: October 12, 2017, 11:52:29 AM »

Lightning & Thunderclap!

If you haven't already, we'd greatly appreciate your support on our Thunderclap campaign. To do so:

> Click this link: https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/62516-summoners-fate
> Click Support, and choose the social media platforms you'd like to support us on (Facebook, Twitter, and/or Tumblr)
> Check that you did it correctly by looking at "Recent Supporters"
> That's it!

A BIG shout-out and thank you to the many of you who have supported us - we're proud to have such an excellent community! Our hope is to share the news of this cross-platform, turn-based RPG + CCG adventure with all fans of the genre. Cheers! Toast Left

TIGForum DevLog
RossD20Studios
Level 7

Inspiring Greatness

View Profile WWW
« Reply #199 on: October 13, 2017, 11:15:45 AM »

This video shows how LOS (line of sight) works in Summoners Fate. Large obstacles like trees block LOS. When you select a ranged character, the blocked spaces are darkened. In addition, when you try to target a blocked character, you will see the line of sight broken with a dashed lined, identifying the space (in this case the trees) that blocks sight of the target. Also check out the sweet "bow draw" animation the goblin uses when he finally lands on the Paladin. Too bad for him that she blocks his arrow with her shield!

If you like what you see, consider supporting our Thunderclap campaign. Click here > https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/62516-summoners-fate, Click Support, that's it!

Cheers!

TIGForum DevLog
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 40
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic