Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411428 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 12:38:25 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsSummoners Fate - Turn-based strategy rpg+ccg adventure
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 40
Print
Author Topic: Summoners Fate - Turn-based strategy rpg+ccg adventure  (Read 96236 times)
KellyD20Studios
Level 1

Choose Happy

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2017, 07:26:42 AM »

Fan of Orcs? I know I am, and Summoners Fate's got 'em.  Grin

The Orc Champion's presence on the battlefield will give benefits to his fellow Orcs, such as added strength. Using him strategically should lead to certain victory!

The Orc Shaman will be the caster of your Orc race. Using his study of the ancient Orc ways, he will bring about chaos and unpredictability to the game, scaring your enemies into defeat!

What do you think? Well, hello there! Would you lead these guys into battle, or are you more of a human-character player?

I do Marketing for D20Studios and GameDev Chats
Currently developing Summoners Fate, a top down turn based strategy adventure.
wizered67
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2017, 08:05:13 AM »

The primary item that will be available for sale is card packs. Players will be able to buy card packs via gold or with real current. Gold is earned by completing missions and winning matches against opponents. I like this model a lot because its clean and easy for players to derive the value in what they are buying as cards directly add to the enjoyment of the game. As our game is free-to-play, we think it should be possible for players to earn cards via regular play as well.

I think packs that can be bought with gold or real money is a good way of doing in app purchases. I definitely think it's better than things like making the player wait to play something or pay money to skip the wait time. Also the Treant looks pretty cool! I like that there has to be a tree to make one.
Ayrik
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2017, 11:40:44 AM »

This is looking great guys. You are moving at an impressive pace and I can't wait to see your progress and play it again at the next meetup!
KellyD20Studios
Level 1

Choose Happy

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2017, 11:23:58 AM »

Here are some recent characters we revealed for Summoners Fate - the Battle Mage and the Fire Sorceress. We plan to have well over 200 characters - human, humanoid, creature, quadruped, alive, and...not-so-alive!  Evil

What do you think?

KellyD20Studios
Level 1

Choose Happy

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2017, 11:33:36 AM »

Ross is playing around with card sketches for Summoners Fate. These are not the finished card art, but we have been reviewing the final art, and it's looking AWESOME Smiley Since our turn-based game is both an RPG and a CCG, cards are extremely important to the tactics and the fun! So he is working hard to get them right.

What do you think so far? Shrug

RossD20Studios
Level 7

Inspiring Greatness

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2017, 06:22:16 PM »

This is looking great guys. You are moving at an impressive pace and I can't wait to see your progress and play it again at the next meetup!

Thanks, man! Really appreciate that. Been focused on building out the tools, hope I will have more content ready in time. Looking forward to trying your game again as well - bring your controller Smiley

Developing Summoners Fate, a top down turn based strategy adventure.
TIGForum DevLog
RossD20Studios
Level 7

Inspiring Greatness

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2017, 06:25:42 PM »

Also the Treant looks pretty cool! I like that there has to be a tree to make one.

It actually creates a fun design problem when there are no trees. So I've added a mechanic to allow discarding when a card has no targets. Discard can be an ability type, for instance: Discard and add a sapling card to your hand. So, if there are no trees, plant one. Then, sapling could have power like: When this card is played, add Animate Tree to your hand. And so the fun ensues Wink

Developing Summoners Fate, a top down turn based strategy adventure.
TIGForum DevLog
KellyD20Studios
Level 1

Choose Happy

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2017, 07:27:30 AM »

Cave Environment examples for Summoners Fate

Good morning, and Happy Monday! Tongue

Summoners Fate will have many different environments to choose from, including CAVES! Here are some art pieces and characters for our Cave Environment for Summoners Fate. There are two playable characters here - the GNASHER, a playable insectoid character (working on a video of his animation), and the SPIDER, complete with a spider nest that will release baby spiders. I've included animation of the Spider moving below.

We will feature other fun environments as well, including dungeon, desert, ice/snowy environment, and much more!

Would YOU like to play in a cave environment in Summoners Fate?  Well, hello there!

EdFarage
Level 2

I can upload avatars

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2017, 10:01:27 AM »

I've been following you on Twitter and this looks very nice, keep going guys.
Cheers  Coffee
KellyD20Studios
Level 1

Choose Happy

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2017, 05:45:55 PM »

I've been following you on Twitter and this looks very nice, keep going guys.
Cheers  Coffee

Thanks, EdFarage! What a nice comment, we appreciate that.  Coffee

KellyD20Studios
Level 1

Choose Happy

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2017, 09:35:23 AM »

We have a new character we are introducing in Summoners Fate tomorrow. Based on who you see here - the Imp, the Hellhound, and the Cute Hellhound (all playable characters!), what do YOU guess will be the new character?  Well, hello there!

I will post tomorrow! Let's see your best guesses  Wink

KellyD20Studios
Level 1

Choose Happy

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2017, 11:06:42 AM »

Did you guess...DEMON LORD?   Screamy

Our newest addition to our over 200 characters for Summoners Fate is straight out of the evil depths of fire and brimstone! He's joining his fellow fiends, the Imp, Hellhound, and Cute Hellhound (even the Demon Lord can't resist that lil' brute!) on the battlefield. Swinging his mighty war hammer, he's ready to torment his opponents into a fiery defeat...

What do you think? Well, hello there!

ODINKONG
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2017, 01:02:54 PM »

The demon Lord is my favorite so far! The shear quantity of units in this game is incredible! We followed you on twitter by the way. We are Evil Villain Games. Keep up the great work. Smiley

Raven's Path By Evil Villian Games
Dev Log : https://forums.tigsource.com/inde
KellyD20Studios
Level 1

Choose Happy

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2017, 07:21:16 AM »

The demon Lord is my favorite so far! The shear quantity of units in this game is incredible! We followed you on twitter by the way. We are Evil Villain Games. Keep up the great work. Smiley

Thanks, Evil Villain Games! Appreciate the compliment. Also, I feel like our Demon Lord would definitely approve of your company name  Cheesy

KellyD20Studios
Level 1

Choose Happy

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2017, 11:51:03 AM »

Happy Thursday! Meet some members of the Summoners Fate Withered Race.

There's something...strange about these villagers and their pets. They SEEM alive but...their rotting skin is hanging off of their bones like empty potato sacks, they move with an awkward, sloppy gait, and their eyes. Oh, their empty, frightening eyes...

Are you curious what happened to them?! Summoners Fate will unfold to reveal all  Who, Me?

Here is video of their movement animation:

ODINKONG
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2017, 05:01:53 PM »

Thanks, Evil Villain Games! Appreciate the compliment. Also, I feel like our Demon Lord would definitely approve of your company name  Cheesy

Good Point! We do appreciate all things evil.
In turn I imagine your company might approve of this.

Smiley

Raven's Path By Evil Villian Games
Dev Log : https://forums.tigsource.com/inde
KellyD20Studios
Level 1

Choose Happy

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2017, 05:24:34 PM »

Coffee Awesome!

Good Point! We do appreciate all things evil.
In turn I imagine your company might approve of this.

Smiley

KellyD20Studios
Level 1

Choose Happy

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2017, 08:17:58 AM »

Oh what pointy teeth you have...

Friday is here, and with that, I want to show the first of our playable Insectoid race characters. Ross has always had an interest in insects, especially ants and praying mantes, and he knew he wanted to include among our over 200 characters a race devoted to insect and insect-humanoid ("insectoid") creatures.

Thus we have...the Gnasher (named by one of our Facebook fans). I've included his animation below. As you can see, Ross animated his antennae and mandibles, along with his jaw, to give him that somewhat creepy cool look of a real insect.

What do you think? Would you like to play as an insectoid creature in Summoners Fate? Shrug

KellyD20Studios
Level 1

Choose Happy

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2017, 06:02:58 AM »

Here are some of the many characters that you can play in our upcoming Summoners Fate - the Warrior and the Psionist. A little about both:

Warrior
Masterfully brandishing his 2 deadly weapons, he strikes fear into the hearts of his enemies on the battlefield.

Psionist
You feel a force inside you that is not...you. Your arms raise & aim your weapon at your comrade on the field, & with a mighty thrust, you take him out. But...why?! He was your companion. Down the field, you spot her, the enemy. She's beautiful, she's mysterious, and she's looking right at YOU. You hear her voice in your head, "You did GOOD," as her red lips erupt into a satisfied smirk...

What do you think of these character options for our robust world of Summoners Fate?  Gentleman

KellyD20Studios
Level 1

Choose Happy

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2017, 11:25:14 AM »

Here are just a few of the playable characters, summons, elementals, and quadrupeds for Summoners Fate

For our new fans or those who don't fully know what Summoners Fate is about...

Summoners Fate is a top-down adventure that combines exploration, card collecting and tactical combat. You control the fate of your Summoner and command an ever-changing band of companions. Defeat monstrous hordes and reap the rewards of treasures, allies, and powerful spells as you advance deeper into unknown lands. Are these chance encounters or do they connect to a greater meaning? You decide.

Combat in Summoners Fate is turn-based, quick and gratifying. Hide behind trees or play a card that brings them to life. Douse your enemies in oil and ignite them with a fireball. Set a trap with a gravity spell to pull an enemy into your clutches. The possibilities are endless.

Venture into a game without limitations. Choose your characters, choose your spells, choose your strategy. Choose when and how you play. You are in control. Summoners Fate – strategy without barriers.

Coming Soon
  Wizard

(Quote in pic from Clara Hughes)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 40
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic