Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411491 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 29, 2024, 06:41:20 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsSummoners Fate - Turn-based strategy rpg+ccg adventure
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 40
Print
Author Topic: Summoners Fate - Turn-based strategy rpg+ccg adventure  (Read 97135 times)
deab
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: October 28, 2017, 11:41:49 PM »

Hello there!

Found you via the Gamasutra article. Love the look of SF, have back and tweeted/followed etc. Best of luck with the Kickstarter, I don't think you'll need it. Now to read back through your posts here..
RossD20Studios
Level 7

Inspiring Greatness

View Profile WWW
« Reply #241 on: October 29, 2017, 06:34:47 AM »

Ha ha...the man bun. Awesome, I know some have issue with the Traditional lacking a hat, I was thinking maybe we need a hat-creating contest for the community to design him a hat! But yes, I like the evil one, too. Thanks Pixel Noise!  Grin

Going back a few posts, I prefer the middle, evil wizard. Traditional is too plain, and the modern doesn't look bad, honestly, but I absolutely loathe the man bun.

Stranger Things  Beer!

Developing Summoners Fate, a top down turn based strategy adventure.
TIGForum DevLog
RossD20Studios
Level 7

Inspiring Greatness

View Profile WWW
« Reply #242 on: October 29, 2017, 06:35:54 AM »

Hi! Thank you so much for your support, it definitely goes a long way for us as we begin our Kickstarter campaign. So excited you found us here, let me know if you have any questions!

Cheers!  Coffee

Hello there!

Found you via the Gamasutra article. Love the look of SF, have back and tweeted/followed etc. Best of luck with the Kickstarter, I don't think you'll need it. Now to read back through your posts here..

TIGForum DevLog
RossD20Studios
Level 7

Inspiring Greatness

View Profile WWW
« Reply #243 on: October 29, 2017, 06:37:35 AM »

They are so cute when they're small...

One of our KS reward tiers include owning and naming your own Hellhound Puppy! Check it out & we'd love your support

Kickstarter:  https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1181148431/summoners-fate-fast-and-fun-tactical-rpg-ccg-adven?ref=2g7x7s

TIGForum DevLog
RossD20Studios
Level 7

Inspiring Greatness

View Profile WWW
« Reply #244 on: October 29, 2017, 10:38:01 AM »

Epic Skeleton & Orc battle in the temple ruins Can you find the Orc about to get an arrow to the face? :ouch:  Facepalm

We're on Kickstarter! Check out our game trailer & support us at: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1181148431/summoners-fate-fast-and-fun-tactical-rpg-ccg-adven?ref=2g7x7s

TIGForum DevLog
RossD20Studios
Level 7

Inspiring Greatness

View Profile WWW
« Reply #245 on: October 29, 2017, 07:03:31 PM »

Halloween is almost here! Spooky (spoopy?) screenshot from a dungeon level, complete with Hellhound Dogs, Hellhound Puppy, and the Demon Lord. Can our Marauder leader survive the bloodbath?

If you like your gaming a little on the "darker" side, we will have many options for you, including fleshing out a Horror/Nightmare race (one of our stretch goals on KS!).

We're on Kickstarter! Check out our game trailer & support us at: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1181148431/summoners-fate-fast-and-fun-tactical-rpg-ccg-adven?ref=2g7x7s

TIGForum DevLog
RossD20Studios
Level 7

Inspiring Greatness

View Profile WWW
« Reply #246 on: October 30, 2017, 10:14:00 AM »

Shee's just a little girl...can't put a Ban on your fun...

New character added to our horror selection in our Summoners Fate character lineup. Check back for her animation later today. You WON'T want to miss it!  Addicted

TIGForum DevLog
RossD20Studios
Level 7

Inspiring Greatness

View Profile WWW
« Reply #247 on: October 30, 2017, 02:55:09 PM »

Curious to more about why Kelly and I are making this game? Interactive Q&A during our live broadcast on Kickstarter on Friday, 11/3, at 12PM MT. Join us!   Coffee

Here's the link to sign up:  http://ow.ly/snvi30geENO

TIGForum DevLog
RossD20Studios
Level 7

Inspiring Greatness

View Profile WWW
« Reply #248 on: October 30, 2017, 04:12:51 PM »

Here's our Banshee girl - don't miss out on her scream!

Here are a few other Halloween-horror-themed GIFs:

Hellhounds are vicious guardians of the underworld with razor sharp teeth and claws and burning red eyes. Their puppies, however, are notoriously cute and exceptionally rare. They are sought by adventurers for their lifelong loyalty and devotion. However, the Demon Lord is not amused by travelers stealing from his kennels, and many adventurers pay the ultimate price attempting this task.

Withereds are the potato sack husk-like remains of once thriving individuals that have been afflicted by blight. While they are technically alive, their physical form and spiritual energy has been depleted to the point of exhaustion, resulting in their wrinkled appearance. They are virtually blind and are driven to their targets by an innate hunger that can detect positive energy to absorb and sustain their being.

Legends of the blight often speak of a king who, so obsessed with the persistence of his own rule, contracted an agreement with a dark shadow entity of the Void, who granted him a powerful curse that would enable him to sustain his life by taking directly from others.

What do you think of the 'darker side' of Summoners Fate?  Mock Anger

TIGForum DevLog
RossD20Studios
Level 7

Inspiring Greatness

View Profile WWW
« Reply #249 on: October 31, 2017, 04:44:22 PM »

Some of our "spoopy" playable characters from Summoners Fate.

Happy Halloween! Hope you all have fun night   Gentleman

TIGForum DevLog
RossD20Studios
Level 7

Inspiring Greatness

View Profile WWW
« Reply #250 on: November 01, 2017, 12:14:55 PM »

With Halloween behind us, and starting into the end of Autumn, I wanted to showcase our fall environment, complete with swaying trees, leaves blowing in the wind, and browning grass on the the battlefield. Here our Griffin (a playable character) flies over and attacks our Summoner. Attacking from behind helps avoid any shield boosts and will add to the strategic decision making of each turn.

What do you think? Would you like to play as the Griffin? If you like flying characters, we have MANY more planned including quite a group of Dragons (one is the gold Kickstarter-only one!), an Angel, a Fairy, several birds including an owl, starling, etc., and many more!

TIGForum DevLog
RossD20Studios
Level 7

Inspiring Greatness

View Profile WWW
« Reply #251 on: November 01, 2017, 02:43:06 PM »

Introducing our Reptilian Themed Characters

Many of our players (myself included) are huge fans of lizardmen in the fantasy genre. I'm excited to share some our concepts, very much still a WIP, and open up for your feedback and suggestions.

The Reptis are a race of humanoid reptilian creatures native to the lush jungles that populate the lands of Summoners Fate. Their ranks consist of tall, Iguanidae/croc/dino lizard like hominids, smaller frilled lizard bipeds, and half humanoid, half serpentine creatures. I need help coming up with better names for the race and various as well as abilities. Feedback welcome!

Here are some of the abilities we are currently tossing around for the various sub-classes.

Reptis Warrior Abilities

Resilience - Their thick scales provide natural protection, enabling them to ignore a percentage of damage they would normally receive from incoming attacks.

Chomp Attack - In addition to their regular weapon attack, warriors can use their massive jaws for a bonus attack. We’re debating whether this makes sense to use in response to a counter attack (a vengeance attack) or whether it triggers after their regular attack if the targeted unit doesn’t counter attack (more like an attack of opportunity). Let us know which idea you like best.

Tail Spin Attack - Some players have suggested the lizards might use their tails as a weapon by spinning and whipping them in conjunction with their weapon, allowing them to target all surrounding enemies. We think a power like this might be fitting for the more powerful champion unit, who also has a spike on his tail.

Frilled Lizard Abilities

Shield + Javelins - Since their javelin can be thrown with a single hand, the frilled lizards have a huge advantage over archers as they can deflect incoming return fire and melee attacks.

Camouflage - Frilled lizards can blend in with surrounding fauna, enabling them an opportunity to position themselves for surprise attacks.

Poison - Champions will have poison tipped javelins and we’re also thinking they may grant this ability to friendly lizards to greatly increase their strategic value. Poison causes units to lose life at the start of their turn - and it stacks! This means the more you get hit by poison, the faster it works to end you.

Snakepeople Abilities

First Strike - Since snakes in nature are known for incredibly fast reflexes, we like the idea of allowing snake people to kill an enemy before they can counter attack. Normally, units get to counter attack unless they are “overkilled”, but victims of the snake attack would not get counter attack if their victim's life is reduced to 0.

Heat Senses - Snakes have ability to detect heat and we’re thinking this might translate in game to detecting hidden units as well as certain traps.

TIGForum DevLog
RossD20Studios
Level 7

Inspiring Greatness

View Profile WWW
« Reply #252 on: November 02, 2017, 02:43:49 PM »

Weapons for some in-development Summoners Fate playable characters.

Choose. Your. Weapon!  Hand Fork Left Hand Knife Right

.    .    .    .    .    .    .    .   

TIGForum DevLog
tlark
Level 0

Autonomous Space Battles https://corepox.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #253 on: November 02, 2017, 04:58:13 PM »

Glad to see your Kickstarter is going well. I got early access coz I really want to play! Is their randomness in the game (like draws). I would like to hear about how the strategy works.
RossD20Studios
Level 7

Inspiring Greatness

View Profile WWW
« Reply #254 on: November 02, 2017, 06:11:37 PM »

Glad to see your Kickstarter is going well. I got early access coz I really want to play! Is their randomness in the game (like draws). I would like to hear about how the strategy works.

Hi tlark, thank you so much for your support! Excited to get you playing as soon as possible.

Yes, there is randomness in draws. You construct a deck of 20 cards from your collection and your deck is shuffled at the beginning of the game, randomizing which cards are drawn. During gameplay, you hold three cards in your hand that you can cast using mana (3 mana is generated per turn, you can store up to 5). At the end of your turn, you draw back up to a hand of three cards. During your turn, you can also issue one command to each unit. Commands can be a combination of move + action, all performed in a single gesture, where you drag a path of movement from your character to intended target.

There will be over 400 cards from launch, with over 200 playable characters. Characters don't gain XP/level up like in traditional RPG, instead, your power is determined by your strategy. By choosing cards that compliment each other's strength, you can build a stronger deck/team. For example, one type of magic is Void (dark magic drawn from empty space). Void magic is often associated with undead creatures, like Skeletons, the staple troop of which is the Skeleton Warrior, a 1/1 creature that carries a shield. The shield itself makes the character formidable despite its low stats, because it can block all damage from the front and sides (one time, until it moves again to reposition). Summon a Skeleton Champion, and all of your skeletons double in power. Use a Necromancer, and you can easily summon more skeletons just by attacking. Use effects like poison, which don't affect undead creatures, and you can gain further advantage.

Lots of other strategies are possible, and different card types can be combined in different ways to make the sum of strategy greater than the individual pieces.

If you've got more questions, just let me know! Also, Kelly and I are doing a live-stream on Kickstarter tomorrow at 12PM MT. If you can't make it, please still feel welcome to submit your questions and we will answer them in the stream and post back here: https://live.kickstarter.com/d20studios/live/summoners-fate-q-and-a-talk-tactics-w-ross-and-kelly

TIGForum DevLog
RossD20Studios
Level 7

Inspiring Greatness

View Profile WWW
« Reply #255 on: November 02, 2017, 06:19:01 PM »

We're a husband & wife team making a cross-platform, top-down fantasy tactics game/CCG hybrid. Come join us for what's sure to be an exciting Q&A!

You can also submit questions in advance as well, especially if you can't join us, we can still answer them.

See you there! Sign up here:  https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1181148431/summoners-fate-fast-and-fun-tactical-rpg-ccg-adven?ref=1n0259

TIGForum DevLog
tlark
Level 0

Autonomous Space Battles https://corepox.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #256 on: November 02, 2017, 09:47:44 PM »

Gameplay sounds fantastic! Exactly up my street, and in mobile form factor! Oh I am really rooting for you guys. I hope to see you for Livestream.
RossD20Studios
Level 7

Inspiring Greatness

View Profile WWW
« Reply #257 on: November 03, 2017, 01:05:07 PM »

Gameplay sounds fantastic! Exactly up my street, and in mobile form factor! Oh I am really rooting for you guys. I hope to see you for Livestream.

Thanks for the awesome questions! Kelly & I had a blast. Smiley

TIGForum DevLog
RossD20Studios
Level 7

Inspiring Greatness

View Profile WWW
« Reply #258 on: November 04, 2017, 09:13:10 AM »

Kelly and I had a blast during our live Q&A yesterday on Kickstarter. If you were unable to make it or would like to see it again (we did have fun discussing Summoners Fate, our quite extensive Warhammer collection, what it's like working with a significant other, and my "indiedev" beard), here is the link to watch the replay:  https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1181148431/summoners-fate-fast-and-fun-tactical-rpg-ccg-adven?ref=2g7x7s

*Note: we had a little feedback issue in the very beginning, feel free to skip past the first 40 seconds or so!

Cheers!  Toast Left
« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 01:05:04 PM by RossD20Studios » Logged

TIGForum DevLog
RossD20Studios
Level 7

Inspiring Greatness

View Profile WWW
« Reply #259 on: November 04, 2017, 10:39:59 AM »

Hellhounds are vicious guardians of the underworld with razor sharp teeth and claws and burning red eyes. The Hellhound Puppies, however, are notoriously cute and exceptionally rare. They are sought by adventurers for their lifelong loyalty and devotion!

Hellhound Puppies - playable characters in Summoners Fate. What would you name yours?

.    .    .    .    . 

TIGForum DevLog
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 40
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic