Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 11:49:13 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsSummoners Fate - Turn-based strategy rpg+ccg adventure
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 40
Print
Author Topic: Summoners Fate - Turn-based strategy rpg+ccg adventure  (Read 92053 times)
RossD20Studios
Level 7

Inspiring Greatness

View Profile WWW
« Reply #340 on: December 30, 2017, 10:52:04 AM »

If you're a fan of zombies or just creepy characters in general, this announcement is for you. The Withereds are growing...check back later today to meet 3 new members! You won't want to miss it

Developing Summoners Fate, a top down turn based strategy adventure.
TIGForum DevLog
RossD20Studios
Level 7

Inspiring Greatness

View Profile WWW
« Reply #341 on: December 30, 2017, 04:39:49 PM »

We teased some new Withereds earlier today; now meet them! Villager #2 with two weapon options - powerful rolling pin and scary garden shears! - (Thanks to you who gave us so many awesome ideas back in August for her weapon!) the bloody Butcher, and the gruesome Goblin.

What do you think?  

TIGForum DevLog
RossD20Studios
Level 7

Inspiring Greatness

View Profile WWW
« Reply #342 on: December 31, 2017, 01:37:30 PM »

Rockin' out on the Summoners Fate battlefield, waiting for the ball to drop! Seems like a great party  Hand Metal Right

HAPPY NEW YEAR'S EVE! Have a great night, from your friends at D20Studios

And here's an oldie, but a goodie - our Earth Elemental jamming out, getting ready for his NYE party! (turn up the volume)

(For those of you who wonder how this came about, I made a video where I was testing out the animation of damage he took from different sides, and we remarked that it looked like he was dancing. Kelly took it from there by adding music)

TIGForum DevLog
RossD20Studios
Level 7

Inspiring Greatness

View Profile WWW
« Reply #343 on: January 01, 2018, 10:34:30 AM »

Happy New Year! 2018 is shaping up to be very exciting for Summoners Fate  Gentleman Stay tuned!

TIGForum DevLog
RossD20Studios
Level 7

Inspiring Greatness

View Profile WWW
« Reply #344 on: January 02, 2018, 10:04:28 AM »

Hello! I'm reaching out to see if there would be interest in a Live Session with me to walk through my newly-developed Game Editor Tool for Summoners Fate.

To elaborate, with the large amount of unique game content we have created (and planned) for Summoners Fate, I've built a system to easily create, add, and modify content, including characters, environments, placables, levels, etc. The live session would demonstrate and showcase my progress.

Let me know if you are interested by replying below - I'm thinking the Live Session will be within the next week or 2.

TIGForum DevLog
RossD20Studios
Level 7

Inspiring Greatness

View Profile WWW
« Reply #345 on: January 02, 2018, 03:35:49 PM »

Our monthly newsletter is going out tomorrow, Wednesday. Sign up at SummonersFate.com or click here directly to make sure you get our exclusive content!

TIGForum DevLog
RossD20Studios
Level 7

Inspiring Greatness

View Profile WWW
« Reply #346 on: January 03, 2018, 11:43:04 AM »

I will be doing an interactive walk-through of my newly-developed Game Editor Tool for Summoners Fate on Tuesday, January 16th, at 11AM (MT). For more details and to RSVP for the event, click here.

TIGForum DevLog
RossD20Studios
Level 7

Inspiring Greatness

View Profile WWW
« Reply #347 on: January 04, 2018, 02:08:47 PM »

Screenshot time - when Skeletons try to reach the Book of Fate, guarded by the Ironclads...

TIGForum DevLog
RossD20Studios
Level 7

Inspiring Greatness

View Profile WWW
« Reply #348 on: January 05, 2018, 01:24:34 PM »

Take THAT, little creepy Imp! Attack from the Bandit Leader. (Watch out for that Oni!)

TIGForum DevLog
RossD20Studios
Level 7

Inspiring Greatness

View Profile WWW
« Reply #349 on: January 06, 2018, 03:27:09 PM »

Meet our Oni! This demon ogre stomps the battlefield wielding his kanabō and looking to bring destruction and death. He is absurdly strong and known for being invincible. Think you have what it takes to defeat him on the battlefield (or, even more, to PLAY as him? Wink )

« Last Edit: May 12, 2018, 07:25:24 PM by RossD20Studios » Logged

TIGForum DevLog
RossD20Studios
Level 7

Inspiring Greatness

View Profile WWW
« Reply #350 on: January 07, 2018, 01:02:37 PM »

Sketch Sunday! Meet some new additions to our growing Dragon Race - the Green Dragon and the Blue Dragon. We likely will not keep these names; we are leaning toward naming them for gems. In this case, the Emerald (or Jade) Dragon and the Sapphire Dragon.

What do you think?

TIGForum DevLog
Lily
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #351 on: January 07, 2018, 08:23:10 PM »

I could just be me but I dislike character looking up (90 degrees); they must get painful necks.
But then I don't really do top down unless it's oblique as it gives me a feeling of vertigo (though I understand the reasoning of the limited art required); I made an exception for Darkwood though so I guess anything is possible.

RossD20Studios
Level 7

Inspiring Greatness

View Profile WWW
« Reply #352 on: January 08, 2018, 01:12:39 PM »

I could just be me but I dislike character looking up (90 degrees); they must get painful necks.
But then I don't really do top down unless it's oblique as it gives me a feeling of vertigo (though I understand the reasoning of the limited art required); I made an exception for Darkwood though so I guess anything is possible.

Hi, Stevepunk!

Thanks for commenting. The top-down perspective is a carry-over from my first game, Hero Mages. The idea is that you are looking down at a board game. We added the "look-up" feature for 2 reasons: to have a connection to your character (I didn't want you only looking at tops of heads!) as well as for your characters to queue you to take action. I joke that in the Summoners Fate universe, the characters have an extra vertebrae that allow them to look up, so don't worry too much about their sore necks.  Wink

Cheers!

TIGForum DevLog
RossD20Studios
Level 7

Inspiring Greatness

View Profile WWW
« Reply #353 on: January 08, 2018, 01:49:13 PM »

S-s-slithering in tomorrow? Our newest race - SNAKEMEN! Check back on Tuesday Wink

Click on the image below to learn more about the Celestial Steampunk Timekeeper Rats (pictured).

TIGForum DevLog
RossD20Studios
Level 7

Inspiring Greatness

View Profile WWW
« Reply #354 on: January 09, 2018, 11:54:16 AM »

Meet our "Snakemen" race! I put that in quotes because we don't actually love this name for these snake humanoids; can you help us with a better name for this race? If you're interested in participating, click on the image below.

Pictured here are two Snakemen Warriors (back) and the Snakemen Priestess (front).

TIGForum DevLog
RossD20Studios
Level 7

Inspiring Greatness

View Profile WWW
« Reply #355 on: January 10, 2018, 08:41:23 AM »

"Snakemen" Screenshot - facing off in the desert environment. Think it is going to be a bit difficult for the Paladin, Rogue, and Griffin to reach that highly sought-after weapons' rack!

Don't forget - vote today to help us rename this snake-humanoid race. We've already gotten some great suggestions from Maltross! Click on the image to vote.

TIGForum DevLog
RossD20Studios
Level 7

Inspiring Greatness

View Profile WWW
« Reply #356 on: January 11, 2018, 01:56:22 PM »

Dev Log: Creating the Card Management System

Greetings all! I was finding myself going down a bit of a feature creep/perfectionist lull with the production tools, so I decided to shift gears and work on our card management system. The card management system is the UI that allows the player to view all of the possible cards in the collection as well as create custom decks. If you’ve played CCG’s like Hearthstone, you’re probably familiar with what this system looks like, but just in case, here’s a quick breakdown of the elements:

1. Collection Management (Ability to view all of the cards)
2. Crafting (Ability to make new cards)
3. Deck Builder
  1. View cards to place in deck
  2. View cards in the deck (visualization)
  3. Deck Stats
  4. Ability to name deck
  5. Number of each type of card in deck (Units, Spells, Equipment)
  6. Average mana cost
  7. Total mana cost
  8. Card Quantity (X/20)
  9. Sort By
  10.Filter
  11. Search
  12. Back Out Button
  13. Suggest Cards
  14. “New” Indicator that appears over cards recently added to player’s collection
  15. Deck Limit (Per card)
4. Party/Team Roster (A special case for Summoners Fate to also choose which characters are in your party).

Atm, I’m focused specifically on Deck Builder, as it is the most complex part of the system. The first challenge is layout, which is even more challenging for me because I support both portrait and landscape. The basic idea is to divide the screen into two parts (collection/cards available) and the deck visualization. The most intuitive approach is to drag cards from the collection and drop them into the deck.

My first step was to get a basic idea for the main layout of these elements. Portrait is the most limiting layout, so I started there. After some testing, I discovered I could fit about 3 cards across the narrowest dimension of the screen with the text still being readable. Additionally, I would support a “full size preview” for the user on tap to view the keywords and larger text. This would allow user to browse their collection 6 cards at a time. Additionally, I can fit the 20 cards needed to construct the deck as mini cards (showing only the icon and cost). As shown in images below, these numbers also work for landscape if I expand the number of columns.

...To read more, click on the image below.

TIGForum DevLog
RossD20Studios
Level 7

Inspiring Greatness

View Profile WWW
« Reply #357 on: January 13, 2018, 12:49:02 PM »

CATS V. DOGS...who will win this classic battle?
All cats and dogs are playable characters in Summoners Fate!
(Note: I vote for cats  Tiger)

TIGForum DevLog
RossD20Studios
Level 7

Inspiring Greatness

View Profile WWW
« Reply #358 on: January 15, 2018, 09:29:28 AM »

We're adding to our decks! Check out some sketches for upcoming card concepts.

TIGForum DevLog
RossD20Studios
Level 7

Inspiring Greatness

View Profile WWW
« Reply #359 on: January 16, 2018, 03:15:39 PM »

Everything the Withereds touch turns to dead...Treant & his nature gang won't let them kill the forest without a fight.

Meet a new character, the Carniflower, front and center! We'll do a feature on this sentient plant soon.

TIGForum DevLog
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 40
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic