Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 04:58:36 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsSummoners Fate - Turn-based strategy rpg+ccg adventure
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 40
Print
Author Topic: Summoners Fate - Turn-based strategy rpg+ccg adventure  (Read 92079 times)
KellyD20Studios
Level 1

Choose Happy

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: July 06, 2017, 02:43:12 PM »

Cyclops & Ogre are pleased...

Results of yesterday's voting are tallied and the winners were - C AND 2!

We had an awesome turnout across our social media platforms for Summoners Fate, and loved hearing your feedback. This helps us to focus in on the best weapons for the best characters for the best upcoming game- all for the BEST players  Smiley

I do Marketing for D20Studios and GameDev Chats
Currently developing Summoners Fate, a top down turn based strategy adventure.
KellyD20Studios
Level 1

Choose Happy

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 07, 2017, 09:42:24 AM »

This video shows our progress creating animation for flying creatures that adjusts for barriers on the board.

Using the Red Dragon and two placeholder characters (what will be future Angel and Fairy-type creatures), you can see that when told to move on the board, the creatures walk. However, when told to move past a barrier, the characters take to the sky and fly over trees, a Dragon Egg, and other characters.

Thoughts?  Shrug

KellyD20Studios
Level 1

Choose Happy

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 08, 2017, 09:22:29 AM »

Monsters are not above taking selfies in scenic places...

Happy Saturday from D20Studios & some of our favorite creatures

Pictured, from left to right: Yeti, Earth Elemental, Orc

KellyD20Studios
Level 1

Choose Happy

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 10, 2017, 01:28:29 PM »

Meet the Fighter Mage!

For fans of our previous game, Hero Mages, this is a familiar character. A little about him:

Part of a clan of competitive elves that inhabit heavily wooded areas, the Fighter Mage practices his swordplay daily. To quench his natural bloodlust, he enters the battlefield whenever he can. He values winning above all else, and has learned magic in order to bolster his combat skills.

What do you think? Would YOU play as this highly aggressive mage?

KellyD20Studios
Level 1

Choose Happy

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 11, 2017, 11:55:30 AM »

Who are my Chaos Race fans?  Blink

We have many awesome Chaos characters coming down the pipeline to add to our over 200 characters for Summoners Fate. These characters are strong, foreboding, and out for blood.

Here are some sketches for upcoming weapons. Can't wait to see them in color and in the hands of the Chaos characters.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 03:04:37 PM by KellyD20Studios » Logged

KellyD20Studios
Level 1

Choose Happy

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 12, 2017, 03:05:58 PM »

Opinion time! Which Dark Elf Warrior hairstyle do you like better based on these initial sketches? 1 OR 2?

Also, we at D20Studios have been getting Dark Elf Race art this week, and it's going to be jaw-dropping  Mock Anger Can't wait to share!

KellyD20Studios
Level 1

Choose Happy

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 13, 2017, 03:15:36 PM »

Our latest Summoners Fate Newsletter went out yesterday. This bi-weekly snapshot of all things Summoners Fate & D20Studios includes a Newsletter Exclusive FIRST LOOK at new characters, cards, and videos. This week's newsletter had a never-before-seen video of the Iron Golem.

Interested in learning more? Want to receive yours on Wednesday, July 26th? Visit SummonersFate.com and look for the Barbarian to direct you   Coffee

KellyD20Studios
Level 1

Choose Happy

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 14, 2017, 11:40:28 AM »

Likes hanging with his buddies, Mothman and Bigfoot

With a stench so foul and matted fur so white, this terror titan chases you out of your nightmares and straight onto the battlefield...

Meet our Yeti for our upcoming Summoners Fate!

RossD20Studios
Level 7

Inspiring Greatness

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: July 14, 2017, 04:04:53 PM »

Hey guys, I need your help with some game design!

I’ve been working on building an equipment mechanic where cards can be dropped onto characters to give them new weapons/armor/etc. and I wanted to get some feedback on the gameplay design.

Initially, I’d considered a totally open system, where any weapon could be dropped on any character to bestow associated powers. For example, a bow and arrow grants range, a shield grants block, a hammer grants knock back, etc. Then, it occurred to me, technical logistics aside, that this might be rather confusing for players with our existing CCG style mechanics.

The potential problem I’m seeing is: If an archer starting with a ranged weapon suddenly equips a hammer, I’d expect him to lose his ranged ability. Likewise, if a Barbarian wielding a two handed hammer switches to a bow and arrow, would he not lose his knock back ability? Some of these scenarios seem straight forward (the bow and arrow for example) but I think it becomes muddied as the mechanics/abilities list grows. I also worry this might diminish or take away from the perceived natural abilities of the characters (ex: a strong Barbarian who can knock back foes regardless of the weapon).

There’s also a nightmare on the technical side. In addition to abilities printed on the card, I’d have to track which weapons start on the card so that these weapon powers can be removed as new weapons are equipped.

So, this got me thinking that a better design might be:
1. Adding equipment never subtracts/removes existing abilities
2. Adding equipment only ADDS abilities or boosts existing abilities

This design would require limiting what can be equipped on certain characters (either by character class or a list of equipment types allowed per character). For example, a character that starts with a bow would only be allowed to equip ranged weapons. Otherwise, he’d break the rule of “only adding power” if he equipped a non-range weapon and lost his ranged ability. Likewise, a character starting with a shield could not equip two handed weapons, or they would lose their block ability.

At first, I thought this might be limiting, but then I thought this might actually ADD to the strategic decisions. For instance, I thought how characters without powerful starting weapons (ex: ranged, shields, etc.) might actually have a strategic advantage in being more flexible in the types of things they could equip. For example, a basic warrior character who starts with a simple sword would be free to equip anything because he wouldn’t lose any existing abilities by doing so.

All this being said, my questions for you are:
1. What do you think about this design direction of limiting what can be equipped?
2. If you like this idea, what do you think is the most intuitive way to understand what a character can/cannot equip? My two ideas so far are:
    1. By Class (Ex: Mage, Ranged, Fighter, Warrior, Spearman)
    2. By Listing Explicit Equipment Types (Ex: Ranged, Spears and Shields, Swords and Shields, Magical, etc.)

Developing Summoners Fate, a top down turn based strategy adventure.
TIGForum DevLog
KellyD20Studios
Level 1

Choose Happy

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 15, 2017, 03:35:29 PM »

Meet the...Summoner?

Little backstory - our Hero Mages fans will recognize her. We love this character; however, her name as "Summoner" doesn't quite seem appropriate for a game called Summoners Fate, as there will be many summoners/mages.

Can you help us rename her? A little about her:

Cast out of her clan for dabbling into dark magic, she has harnessed the ability to build an army of creatures vs. 1 at a time. As her power grows, so does the strength and resilience of her horrifying henchmen, making her presence on the battlefield all the more terrifying...

What do you think could be an appropriate title for this awesome spellcaster?

KellyD20Studios
Level 1

Choose Happy

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 16, 2017, 03:21:11 PM »

Oh dear...

Feature on our poisonous SPORE PODS. See the Menacing Wizard and the Desert Fox succumb to this lethal trap...☠

Tactics and strategy will be important when playing Summoners Fate

KellyD20Studios
Level 1

Choose Happy

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 17, 2017, 10:01:07 AM »

Here's a clip showcasing our solution to customize the impact of the swoosh VFX based on the actual weapon length vs. stocked in character animation for Summoners Fate, featuring our Barbarian. Check it out!  Blink

KellyD20Studios
Level 1

Choose Happy

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 18, 2017, 11:49:15 AM »

Here's the sketch of pieces of our upcoming Chimera. For those that don't know, in Greek mythology, a Chimera is typically depicted as a lion with the head of a goat coming out of its back, and a snake as a tail. These pieces will be constructed and added to the growing Summoners Fate character roster.

What do you think? Would YOU like to play as this classic mythological creature?  Shrug

KellyD20Studios
Level 1

Choose Happy

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 19, 2017, 10:55:05 AM »

Help me, gamer community...you're my only hope  Wink

We are reaching out to our community to help us decide on the best weapon for Nova the Sorceress based on these sketches.

We have a Sorceress that we think turned out awesome and will be a great addition to Summoners Fate; however, we cannot decide between the awesome choices we have in her staff. Can you help us? Let us know which staff sketch looks best for Nova - 1, 2, OR 3.

Krucho
« Reply #74 on: July 19, 2017, 12:22:35 PM »

A fantasy topdown style that's rare, it looks great, I adore the skeleton dragon.
And 3
RossD20Studios
Level 7

Inspiring Greatness

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: July 19, 2017, 07:13:20 PM »

A fantasy topdown style that's rare, it looks great, I adore the skeleton dragon.
And 3

Beer! Thanks for the kind words, Krucho, and your vote! We'll let you know which weapon gets selected. Stay posted - more fun updates coming daily!

Developing Summoners Fate, a top down turn based strategy adventure.
TIGForum DevLog
KellyD20Studios
Level 1

Choose Happy

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 20, 2017, 11:55:56 AM »

Dragons love pitchforks  Cheesy

Summoners Fate: coming soon!

KellyD20Studios
Level 1

Choose Happy

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 21, 2017, 08:30:07 AM »

Results are in for Nova the Sorceress's weapon choice vote! This one had a clear winner - #3. We will have our awesome art team finish up their sketch, and we will present the final character for Summoners Fate to you soon.

KellyD20Studios
Level 1

Choose Happy

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 21, 2017, 11:21:44 AM »

Choose. Your. Element!

We are finishing up a Lightning Elemental that we're pumped about. In the meantime, here is our current roster of elementals for Summoners Fate - Fire, Air, Water, and Earth. We have several others planned as well.

For the purposes of Summoners Fate, we've defined an elemental as a natural spirit that embodies a physical element that is summoned. This differs from, say, a golem (We'll do a post in the future with all our golems rounded up).

What do you think? We've always really enjoyed elementals in games we've played in the past, and will have many cards planned around these interesting creatures!

KellyD20Studios
Level 1

Choose Happy

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 22, 2017, 11:14:40 AM »

Here is our Mountain Troll in his armor with the two community-chosen weapons! We gave our Summoners Fate community the choice between 4 sketches for him:

...and these were the winners!  Hand Clap

Want to learn more? Check us out at SummonersFate.com

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 40
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic