Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 07:51:29 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallEvowok Breeder (freeware Pokémon-flavoured RPG)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Evowok Breeder (freeware Pokémon-flavoured RPG)  (Read 1758 times)
Ryan J. Bury
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: May 31, 2017, 09:52:52 AM »

Hello TIGS. I made a new game. It's a little like Pokémon, but a little more grounded, or maybe "gritty" is a better word? It took quite a long time to make. It's called Evowok Breeder, and as with all of my games, it's completely free to download and play. It looks a little like this:

Note: this is quite a big game, and despite a lot of playtesting, there are still likely to be some bugs, issues and other imperfections in this first release, which I will try to fix with occasional updates; so if you encounter something that seems not to work properly, please do let me know, and I'll do my best to improve things as we go along.

Please enjoy responsibly. Smiley

Ryan x

Ryan J. Bury
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2019, 01:11:03 PM »

Just released! Update 4.1 of Evowok Breeder, a major content expansion for this game that I've been working on for the last year or so. It adds a lot of additional things to the gameworld that didn't make it from my design notes into the first release, and also improves/revises/fixes a lot of things to (hopefully!) make the rest of the game better too.

There's a full release thread here, a full changelog here, and the game can still be downloaded from its homepage here, or from its itch.io profile here.

Additional comments/thoughts/questions/suggestions always welcome.

Have fun. Wink

Ryan x

Ryan J. Bury
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2020, 04:19:21 AM »

Hello! Just posting to announce the new 4.3 update released this weekend!

Since the 4.1 update I posted last year, the 4.2 and 4.3 updates have made some quite big additional changes to the game, including lots of new evowok and various balancing tweaks, bugfixes and interface improvements, but also new gameplay features such as a limit to player encumbrance, reworked poison/venom mechanics, and more detailed handling of trade and NPC evowok fatality.

Some quick stats: as of this version, there are now almost 300 breeds of evowok in the game, and over 2,000 characters. Probably many hundreds of hours of gameplay. It's quite a large game.

There's a full changelog for those interested here, release threads for all versions here, and of course the game can be downloaded from its homepage or from its itch.io profile as usual.

And of course it's always great to get more feedback, so please do feel welcome to post with any additional thoughts/comments/questions/suggestions/bugs/whatever.

Enjoy. Wink

Ryan
« Last Edit: May 18, 2020, 04:57:55 AM by Ryan J. Bury » Logged

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic