Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 11:10:20 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)Are there any easier ways to rig 3D models than using Blender?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Are there any easier ways to rig 3D models than using Blender?  (Read 901 times)
ZahFox
Level 0

View Profile
« on: May 31, 2017, 06:51:50 PM »

So, right now for school I'm working on a video game, (using both Unity and Unreal game engines) and I need to animate at least three to five different enemies and one player character. I'm familiar with Blender, but I also really suck at rigging. Considering my time constraint ( 11 more weeks) I don't know if I'll be able to find the time rig my enemies (player is already rigged minus the inverse kinematics and control bones). If there are any easier tools I'm willing to take compromises on the overall animation quality. Let me know; any kind of advice would be heavily appreciated.  Gentleman
GrumpyGiant
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2017, 08:38:46 PM »

One way to simplify it is to not use an Armature at all - just make your character out of separate pieces, and arrange them in a hierarchy. Of course, this does mean it'll look a little Minecrafty and ghetto, but it's very easy to set up.

ZahFox
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2017, 06:35:52 PM »

One way to simplify it is to not use an Armature at all - just make your character out of separate pieces, and arrange them in a hierarchy. Of course, this does mean it'll look a little Minecrafty and ghetto, but it's very easy to set up.

I guess I didn't really think about trying that, but I might now lol
Frappa Studio
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2017, 11:42:55 PM »

I think rigging in Blender can be really easy :

If you place carefully your armature into your model, and be aware to place joint around the right polygon intersections, the automatic weight option when you parent your armature to your mesh allows you to rig your character in less thant a second, it works really well

If you loose some kind of precision control, results are pretty satisfying. Hope it helps !

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic