Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411433 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58418 Members - Latest Member: Pix_RolleR

April 20, 2024, 08:25:40 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessTeam Morale raising activities?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Team Morale raising activities?  (Read 981 times)
redredred
Level 0

Colorful worlds

View Profile
« on: June 04, 2017, 09:49:15 AM »

Hi! This...Is my first post. I hope everyone is cool with that. I think I'm posting in the right forum. This does directly involve the business as it covers team dynamics.

So, we just entered our 3rd week of production, and I'm looking for some ideas on how to raise team morale?

Back when I was working in a bank, we used to have metrics for teams for most customers served and problems solved.
I don't really know how to apply that in a creative setting with different specialties.

Those who are working in teams, do you have like...internal contests or competitions that just make your whole team try and work a bit harder?
WarpQueen
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2017, 05:34:42 AM »

Third week of production, I hope you are not noticing a declining morale already?

Anyway, I've never ran competitions etc, just made sure everyone is having the possibility to thrive and be as productive as they can be. Make sure the team is working well together. If they are not, address those issues. Make sure people can go to work and just think about work, not worrying whether xx is going to say something rude today again. Talk with them. Find out what they like and don't like about the current atmosphere and culture at work. The team need to trus each other to work really well, AND trust their manager.

One fun thing to do is to have everyone make a Pecha Kutcha presentation and have one person present theirs once every or every other week. That's 20 slides about yourself, 20 seconds presenting each slide. We did them and had slides about us growing up. What kind of games we played, what books we read, nerdy clothes we wore etc. It is a really good team-building exercise that makes people see each other as human, and not just "that stubborn dude".

redredred
Level 0

Colorful worlds

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2017, 02:50:24 AM »

Nothing to be concerned about! Our morale is pretty high right now. But production is a bit of a slog, and a bit grindey, and days will feel dull along the way. That's why I was looking for suggestions on activities that can help the team.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic