Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 06:40:34 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralCollege work - Market Research
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: College work - Market Research  (Read 790 times)
Sevenjace
Level 0

Pacta Sunt Servanda

View Profile
« on: June 08, 2017, 01:45:29 PM »

Hello everyone from TIGSource  Wink

Introducing myself.
I'm a Student at IFRJ (Federal Institute of Science and Technology of Rio de Janeiro).
I'm applying for Digital Games and despite being a novice member of this forum I've been around reading here and there quite a bit before deciding to register.

So, What's the matter?  Undecided

I am doing this college work where I need to accomplish this little market research.
It's just a set of simple questions for you to answer.

Could you help me by answering them?  Hand Pencil

The link is here:
 Hand Point Right https://goo.gl/forms/4Q0HBWj4Zg5v44aH2
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 10:01:59 AM by Sevenjace » Logged
WarpQueen
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2017, 05:51:34 AM »

Why are you asking about name? A lot of people are not comfortable giving out names, so that will decrease the number of replies you get.
About gender, feminino/masculino is not English. Plus a third option of "other" or "do not wish to reply" might be nice.
Then regarding area of game development, only one option is possible? That should really be a checkboxes or something so you can select more than one answer. Especially when this is posted in an indie forum, where I guess most people do more than one task.

If you are collecting e-mail addresses, state why and people might give them out.

Bad_Dude 2017
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2017, 05:56:05 AM »

i stopped at collecting names and emails
convince me this is not gamedev spam email list
change all instances of "history" to "story" and remove examples from genres, they are weird.
Sevenjace
Level 0

Pacta Sunt Servanda

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2017, 10:00:53 AM »

So sorry for any misunderstanding

this actually made a lot more success in other places and i'm sorry forgetting about some translations, this is fixed now.
This research was made by a college student and was not targeted specifically for this forum so I guess I made some mistakes.
This was targeted to a player audience, no a developer one, so i had to give some examples of the genres and stuff, sorry.
I guess I neglected myself when trying to retarget it here.

You can actually put a pseudonym or nickname as your name and the e-mail field is not even mandatory.
I think i do can convince you this is not a gamedev spam email list or whatsoever, I just want the answers people here can give me.

If you may excuse me, I made some changes in the document.

- Removed the e-mail field, even it was not required. Sorry if that bothered you, it was not in bad intent.

- Changed the "name" field, so it's more explicit you can put whatever you want to.

- Made the "area of game development" a checkbox question. In my silly mind this was intended so that if the person had more than one area of knowledge, the option "other" was marked and specified, but I realize now that this is very counterproductive. my bad.  Facepalm

- Changed all instances of "history" to "story" as required. This was actually a basic mistake of mine, because in my land the words history and story are the same thing. In fact the term story is no longer used by religious problems among other things. I then forgot that in English there is still a distinction between the two and in my mind the two english word still exist but in my language it doesn't. sorry for the conflict. Who, Me?

- Also removed the genres examples. as I said, This was target to a player audience and so I had to give examples so they could identify what kind of stuff im talking about if they don't know too well the english terms. I sould have removed them since i'm pretty sure people around know what this stuff are.

Sorry for my mistakes and thanks for at least replying. Would appreciate if you consider giving it another look and try.
also thanks for letting me know what bothered you ^^
WarpQueen
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2017, 04:11:24 AM »

Hey, I'm glad you listened to our feedback and changed things. The survey was closed now, so I guess you are moving on. Good luck with your paper!

Sevenjace
Level 0

Pacta Sunt Servanda

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2017, 04:17:44 PM »

I forgot to say the deadline for was over and i have given the results of my research to the teacher
thanks for the ones that replied and aswered it ^^
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic