Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411530 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 29, 2024, 02:36:00 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsPortfoliosNick Lives - Weird-Ass 2D Game Art & Animations
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Nick Lives - Weird-Ass 2D Game Art & Animations  (Read 862 times)
Nicholas Lives
Level 1

Catch of the Day

View Profile WWW
« on: June 09, 2017, 08:36:17 PM »

Howdy! I'm Nick Lives, Co-Founder and Art Director of Deli Interactive LLC (We Need To Go Deeper). I specialize in stylized, cartoony 2D art. If your game has an oddball personality or style, you've come to the right artist.

Portfolio: http://nicholaslives.portfoliobox.io/

Background

In the last 2 years I've released 2 games as Creative Director (We Need To Go Deeper & Mind Over Matter), 1 animated short as Director and Storyboard Artist (Pizza Party), and hired to contribute art for several commercial projects (Summoner's Fate, Frayed Knights 2). In addition to this I've secured my AAS in Animation, and have done original artwork for a Utah-based horror film produced by A24 Films.

Quotes

My art has been cited by several journalists as being one of the main draws of We Need To Go Deeper; Here are a few examples:

"We Need to Go Deeper is the rare example of a RL that grabbed my attention out of left-field. First there's that visual style, which presents an illustrated storybook world of giant squids, sharks, crabs and soggy mermen."
- Tom Sykes, PCGamer

"Gosh, I think I love it already. The 19th Century style cartoons, evocative of Terry Gilliam’s Monty Python art and Klei’s Don’t Starve, is very much my cup of tea."
- Fraser Brown, PCGamesN

"The graphics, by the way, are hand-drawn and inspired by Édouard Riou's artwork for Verne's 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. The game sports a really unique look."
- Andras Neltz, Kotaku

Art Samples

A collection of enemies I designed for We Need To Go Deeper.

Monsters I designed for my Twitch followers.

Character poses for "Ralphie" a proposed animated short.

Art created for a fellow TIGSourcer

Demo Reel

----------------------------------------------

Portfolio: http://nicholaslives.portfoliobox.io/

Thanks for checking out my work, and if you like my stuff and think I'd be a good match for your project, be sure to hit me up asap! Cheers, fellow TIGers!  Beer!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic