Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411281 Posts in 69324 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 11:37:46 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperAudioMusic Composer looking for feedback on website.
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Music Composer looking for feedback on website.  (Read 1527 times)
Joao Luis
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: June 13, 2017, 12:47:49 AM »

Hello Tiggers!

My name is Joao Luis and I am a music composer for film and games.

I have worked on projects that were successful on Kickstarter; gotten 18+ international film festival selections or that were highly rated in their platforms (be it amazon, tripadvisor or reviewing websites).

I wondering how I am able to improve my website. If any of you has the time to visit it and provide some constructive feedback, I would greatly appreciate it: www.invisiblearts.net
Mainly, how do you think I could make it more professional in your own opinion and how would you rather hear the music.

Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 12:54:12 AM by Joao Luis » Logged
ashtonmorris
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2017, 08:23:28 PM »

Hey Joao,

I think it looks good! Here are some changes that I think would make it better

-Turn off the auto play audio. Its nice to have some music while you scroll but a lot of people find auto play annoying.
-Background a little darker or grayish would look nice.
-If you could compile a short reel (1:30 min or less) of various projects that you are proud of and have that on your home page that will be a quick introduction to you. I think that works best.
-I don't think the home page should be a blog. I think it should just have some info about you and what you do with a short teaser reel of your work (my opinion)
-When you click on Bio the actual bio text is under the music player and you have to scroll down to see it. It should be seen up higher as soon as the page loads. Maybe switch the music widget below on that page.
-If some of your credits on the credits page were links to media or those projects that would be nice for people looking to learn more.
-I think you recommendations page is really cool. But try to have someone help you get the text to the right of the picture so the page is smaller. I have had that problem too sometimes on a site it's so annoying to try to get the text in the right place.
-Your contact page is nice and simple. If you wanted to you could also combine your Bio and Contact page and just have a short bio about yourself above you contact info.

Otherwise it looks pretty good!  Hand Thumbs Up Right

Ashton Morris - Composer & Sound Designer

Roah * Bomblsinger * Goliath * Wings of Vi * Lemma * Bit Heroes * Star Command Galaxies

http://www.ashtonmorris.com

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ashtonmorris
Joao Luis
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2017, 09:42:11 AM »

Thank you, Ashton!

Will have your feedback in mind the next time I get the chance to update it!
bonixmusic
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2017, 03:02:32 PM »

I like the minimalist approach. Clean looking except perhaps the soundcloud player. One thought is to have a player from your site instead of linking of a SoundCloud plug-in, if that's what is going on there. I also enjoyed your music. nice material!

Peter
Joao Luis
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2017, 04:00:02 AM »

Thanks Peter!! Sorry for the delay, it's been hectic. Am taking time off today to do some errands and update my website.
Joao Luis
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2017, 11:22:05 AM »

I like the minimalist approach. Clean looking except perhaps the soundcloud player. One thought is to have a player from your site instead of linking of a SoundCloud plug-in, if that's what is going on there. I also enjoyed your music. nice material!

Peter

Hey Peter, I've updated a few things. The only thing I'm still having a problem with is the SoundCloud player, which I will be taking care of in the near future. Would you have any knowledge of how to have a player work without reloading each time you press a tab and that could show some artwork of the project that the music was composed for?
Joao Luis
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2017, 11:33:14 AM »

-Background a little darker or grayish would look nice.
Will look into it either today or tomorrow!

-When you click on Bio the actual bio text is under the music player and you have to scroll down to see it. It should be seen up higher as soon as the page loads. Maybe switch the music widget below on that page.
-I think you recommendations page is really cool. But try to have someone help you get the text to the right of the picture so the page is smaller. I have had that problem too sometimes on a site it's so annoying to try to get the text in the right place.

I've changed it! Though the SoundCloud player is my biggest obstacle as I'm not a coder. I'll find a way to have an MP3 player somehow!

-If you could compile a short reel (1:30 min or less) of various projects that you are proud of and have that on your home page that will be a quick introduction to you. I think that works best.
-I don't think the home page should be a blog. I think it should just have some info about you and what you do with a short teaser reel of your work (my opinion)

I've been thinking a lot about the demo reel. It's been years since I last created one. I'll get in touch with a friend who might be able to guide me on that.
As for the home page, my goal was to make it like a news feed but I lack the coding knowledge to make it closer to what was intended... I'll try something out though.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic