Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411508 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 10:50:54 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingPocket Lords - iOS turn-based strategy
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Pocket Lords - iOS turn-based strategy  (Read 814 times)
IronGripGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: June 18, 2017, 08:06:52 AM »

Hi everyone.

I've finished a prototype for an iOS game, with programmer art.  I'm looking for some feedback on the gameplay and also looking for some help from an artist with the game's art. (My programmer art is poo).

If you email me at [email protected], I can provide you with an invitation to TestFlight, Apple's over-the-air installation/testing platform for iOS applications.  Through TestFlight, you can install the game directly to your iOS device.

About the game

The game is called Pocket Lords.  It's a 2D, turn-based strategy game in a medieval setting.  The campaign map portion of the game is heavily influenced by the Total War series of games (territory management, army building, etc.)  The game battles, which take place on a hexagon map, are heavily influenced by classic hex-based war games such as Civil War Generals 2 and The Battle for Wesnoth.

Screenshots

You can also find a development trailer and some development logs at the website: http://www.irongripgames.com/pocketlords

A little about me

I'm a long time software developer with a day job that doesn't involve games.  I build games on the side with the hopes of growing a secondary income or perhaps one day being able to develop games full time.  I live around Dallas, Texas, USA.

Looking forward to getting some feedback on this.  Thanks for reading everyone.
MarkusRanner
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2017, 08:55:35 PM »

Nice! I think it looks really cool, even with the programmer art. Reminds me a lot of Warlords, one of my favorite games from the good old Amiga days.   Smiley

Wannabe solo indie game developer making games with Corona SDK. Currently working on Ice Trap for iOS and Android.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic