Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 03:27:32 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingBlink Theef
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Blink Theef  (Read 698 times)
wy477wh173
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: June 19, 2017, 10:22:37 PM »

I started this little project a couple of weeks ago and have been working on it intermittently since. It's a simple lil' game about using your cool blink powers to steal an unnamed building's supply of Green, a mysteriously animated plant life, and Cheddar, a perpetually bubbling gold colored liquid.

It's incredibly rough, and I'm not super sure what I want to accomplish posting here, just want to get a little more involved in the whole online dev scene.

::Quick Controls::
A/D -- Left & Right
S -- Crouch(becomes invisible when shaded)
W -- Climb(able to mantel onto small ledges)

Mouse -- Aim cursor
Hold Left Mouse -- teleport to cursor

Esc -- close game
Alt + Enter -- Fullscreen/windowed toggle
Tab -- toggle camera mode

Update: 7/9/17: Made some tweaks for usability, added in some new security measures, added in Dark Alley(& some NPC's to chat with), And some other things I forgot.
Download link: Dropbox Files(Proto 2)

I'd love to know what thoughts you have.

« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 05:29:28 PM by wy477wh173 » Logged
-Ross
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2017, 02:43:28 PM »

You should always post at least one screenshot with these, even if your game doesn't look great. People are way more likely to read your description and check out your game if they can see what it looks like first.

It seems like it could be a decent little stealth action game. I guess there's no way to die right now? If you added that it would feel much more complete. That gear thing that grows around your cursor when you're charging up to teleport is weird, I don't see the point of that. Also I think if you don't have enough energy to teleport it should just not work, rather than taking some unknown but rather long time to charge up. And better feedback when you can or can't teleport would be nice. The red particles look like some sort of blood, the reticle rotation is odd and I think most people will miss it, and the black vs pink line just isn't all that clear. Also it doesn't work when you're in the yellow areas.

wy477wh173
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2017, 03:28:40 PM »

Thanks for the feedback. Not including a screenshot was a dumb oversight when posting. I'm currently working on adding in a system to handle death and one to more efficiently broadcast the character status to the player.

Thanks again for taking the time to play and provide feedback Smiley
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic