Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411493 Posts in 69372 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 06:06:19 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)CreativeWriting Peer preasure thread – JulNoWriMo 2017
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Peer preasure thread – JulNoWriMo 2017  (Read 2009 times)
Jordgubben
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« on: June 22, 2017, 10:02:42 AM »

This is a thread for anyone who is (thinking of) participating in The JulNoWriMo 2017.

Quote from: JulNoWriMo site
What is JulNoWriMo? - JulNoWriMo (July Novel Writing Month) is a writing contest identical to NaNoWriMo. The goal: to write 50,000 words in only a month, roughly 175 pages of writing. The whole purpose of this is to prove that you really CAN write a book! Most novels are never written because the writer never bothers to find the time to do it. Now is your chance.

In other words it's an excuse to get much needed fiction writhing practice between games. Does not necessary have to be a novel either. It could be a narative game (renpy, twine), a movie script or just an absurd amount of haiku. You write >=50k word and you made it! You write <50k words and you still got a heck of a literary workout.

I'm thinking of participating as a way get me out of a crippling writers block. Who, Me?

Thought I'd check if anyone here was interested keeping me company on the journey. Fiction writing is a solitary activity, so it is good to exchange tips, cheer each other on, be establish rivalries and all that social good stuff.

(I was a bit unsure it this thread should go under "writing" or "competitions". Admins are encouraged to move it if appropriate)

Photon
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2017, 10:04:24 AM »

I did my fair share of writing back in the day before I got too self-conscious about it, heh. I still have plenty of ideas floating around in my head... maybe I should give this a shot.
Jordgubben
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2017, 10:08:17 PM »

Self-conscious is a double-edged mistress; it can help make you grow and change, but also prevent you from doing what you truly enjoy.

mcoorlim
Level 0

New at this

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2017, 07:52:44 PM »

I'll be doing camp NaNoWriMo next month. It's basically the same thing, run by the NaNoWriMo people in April and July, without a set wordcount - you basically set your own.

Jordgubben
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2017, 10:00:27 PM »

Strange, I can not fond any reference to this on the NaNoWriMo-site. The only dates mentioned are "November 1-30". The Camping site does not mention any month at all.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic