Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411424 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 07:40:34 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingT-run (My first game)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: T-run (My first game)  (Read 646 times)
CodyBowden
TIGBaby

View Profile
« on: June 22, 2017, 06:00:42 PM »

Description:

T-run is a platform obstacle game where you take on the role as two cavemen trying to escape the global extinction event that wiped out the dinosaurs. Armed with only your wits you will have to dodge and weave every obstacle which include dinosaurs, environments, and the most deadly thing the kill wall which will appear on certain levels. Including 4 playable levels each being more difficult then the last. Will you survive? Will you become lunch for the dangerous wildlife? Or will you be caught up in global devastation.

Features:

Platformer
Two Player Co-op
Four levels
Hostile environments
Hostile enemies
Killwall (be quick!)

Bio:
I'm a up and coming artist who is currently studying at university. I hope to improve my skills to one day become a top tier concept artist. T-run is my first game and I hope to continue to work on and make games in the

Download game here:
http://gamejolt.com/games/T-run/264367
https://codybowden.itch.io/t-run

If you guys have any questions i would appreciate feedback. This is my first game and i would like to improve so any feedback is nice.
gnegnegne
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2017, 12:21:08 PM »

Hi, I've tried your game and while the concept seems interesting, I've found the reason for the "player coop". Let me explain, I really love platformers and the killwall mechanics is very intriguing, allowing a player to master the perfect coordination of jumping timing, enemy evading etc.. but there's no cooperation between players, no interaction, no different skill/abilities.
The players just need to stick together and perform the same movement.

My suggestion is to add interaction between players, this can be done in various ways:
- Player 1 have an axe and can kill enemies, Player 2 jump higher and can trigger environment to help other
- Allow the players could teleport on each other, this would allow some kind of funny tricks, like teleporting on falling etc.
- Players have different kind of "resistance" and can stand on each other

You could also mix few of these ideas together and see what works.

Anyway go on on your work Smiley

One step at a time
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic