Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 09:22:06 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingEye Bowl
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Eye Bowl  (Read 873 times)
maxdash
Level 0

View Profile
« on: June 23, 2017, 11:47:46 AM »

Hi,

I'm Max, I'm very new. Anyway, I made a game (Eye-Bowl) at a local game jam and won first place.

https://maxdash.itch.io/eye-bowl

It's a bubble-shooter game, but different, you shoot eyeballs that expand to fill their area they land in and then you try to pop the eyeballs with more eyeballs. You mostly just try not to paint yourself into a corner and play forever.

My high score is 639 Blink.

There are plenty of things that could make the game better.
1. Gui
3. Better font
4. More eyeball colors
5. Better sprites for non-eyeball things

Mostly I just want to know whether or not this game is "Fun" to everyone. I like it.
Rhatos
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2017, 01:38:22 PM »

Fairly enjoyable. I felt like the cannon turned too slowly, but otherwise, I had fun. I only got to 16 points. But you know, that's fine. Smiley

Xorglord
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2017, 05:15:08 PM »

Fun! I also got up to 16 haha. I felt like it was a really simple concept which seemed like it had a good amount of strategic depth to it.

I was fine with the cannon speed, but I felt like it took a little too long for the eyeballs to slow down, stop and then start growing. Took like 6-7 seconds between shooting and being able to do anything again, which is a little too long for my tastes!

Artsicle
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2017, 06:00:58 AM »

good game in general, couldn't find any bugs but maybe the pace could speed up.
The turret is a little too slow, and instead of the eyeballs turning into big ones taking awhile, just a small amount of time for it to happen

Also, highscore:
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 06:06:09 AM by Artsicle » Logged
Schnodderbalken
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2017, 10:21:12 AM »

I agree with what the other people said: in general, it's fun to play. Maybe before the first shot it should be indicated what's going to happen or at least that one is supposed to click to let it start. Other than that the speed could be doubled (the turret have a higher velocity when rotating and the eyes should slow down much quicker). Blink Blink
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic