Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411511 Posts in 69375 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 02:41:02 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsFLOW CONTROL (infosec puzzle)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: FLOW CONTROL (infosec puzzle)  (Read 495 times)
CatStack
Level 0

View Profile
« on: June 26, 2017, 09:14:14 AM »

Y̬̯͍̪͘O͔͈̣̲̭͘U̼̺̰͍ ̠̞̰̬̮͚̀ͅA͏R̙̮̞E͙̥̟̯̦ ̪̮͔̤̰̗U̲Ń̜͇̝̠̼DE̖̠͓͘R͉̰̳͎ ̸̙͍̭ĄT̳͕T͔̼͉̱̖̗͈͡A͈̤͎̺͓̟͝C҉̰̜̤̞͙̣̫K͏̲̝̲͍
͕̜̗̞̝S̫̖̜̙͍E͏̰̰̲C͏̘̲̼Ù̜R̲E̘̼̟͇̺͞ ͚̬Y̡Ò̥̝ͅU̜̝̮̖̹R̝͔̹̱̟̬̦͘ ̪̟̼̠͈͚͠S͔̳Y̟̞̙̜̘̝ST̰͎̩͍͕̬E̖̹̤̦͎̝M̸̮̞̺̖͔̬ͅS̤̣̠͞

Your systems are under attack, as the IT administrator it is your job to make sure that threats are shut down while documents are processed successfully.

Oh and one more thing, this attack is happening to parliament - the law makers of your land. So if you don't sort it out, there could be severe consequences!

Deal with austerity!
Hand Money Left Hand Money Left Hand Money Left Hand Money Left Hand Money Left Hand Money Left Hand Money Left Hand Money Left

There will be many challenges that come your way such as budget cuts and having to keep up with system updates to keep would-be attackers at bay.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And that's it as far as concept goes so far! I developed a little bit of a "taste for meat" when I developed Public Space Evaders - but for the sake of developing something approaching actual proficiency I thought I'd stick with the same toolset, i.e. LibGDX - which is super nice because I can target pretty much any platform I'm interested in targeting with it (I'm thinking web as the primary target, but I'm hoping to do a mobile distribution too). It'll be my first serious foray into an ECS based architecture.

I'm using Piskel which I'm finding really good for my one-man-band programmer art level animations.

This game is, like my previous one, inspired by current events: https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/parliament-cyber-attack-up-to-90-email-accounts-hacked-amid-blackmail-fears-a3572726.html

Although I expect the scope to be a bit broader since I'm not trying to work to an incredibly short deadline (like, say, during a snap election) - hopefully the concept of information security won't be totally irrelevant by the time it's finished!
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 12:56:56 PM by CaptainBland » Logged

CatStack
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2017, 12:15:37 PM »

I just got some more of this done. Mostly this update is tying together maps, animations, basic rendering and making sure I've got an otherwise sane development pipeline to work with (lookup maps in all the enums!). Coffee

It currently looks more like this:

Also I changed the name of the game from CyberAttack to Flow Control which both kind of describes the game mechanic and is a slightly nerdy network pun.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic