Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1338660 Posts in 61059 Topics- by 52542 Members - Latest Member: darknightsstudio

May 25, 2018, 08:23:13 pm

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsMonster Sanctuary - a monster collecting Metroidvania/RPG
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Print
Author Topic: Monster Sanctuary - a monster collecting Metroidvania/RPG  (Read 12980 times)
Sersh
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: April 07, 2018, 01:11:03 pm »

A bigger update post:

iterated on grummy monster and i think he looks a lot better now (although he looks a bit like baby Cthulu)

I worked on the 'Blue Cave' area again that i didn't touch for quite long. I added some more variation there with some green moss and mushrooms

Also i added there a first puzzle/riddle

And encountered some funny bug

Created the three other spectral familiars besides the spectral Wolf:

Every single one is an ageless defender of of a Keeper's Stronghold bloodline.

Later on you will be able to choose which one aids the protagonists bloodline and is his starting monster. But i wont quite have that in the upcoming demo yet.

Monster Sanctuary | DevlogTwitterFacebook
Ashedragon
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: April 09, 2018, 09:15:23 am »

Mannn I'm even more psyched now! Those starting monster designs look very nice.

sbeast
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: April 17, 2018, 11:41:44 am »

Music & Sound is the field i have the least experience with, so feedback & criticism on it is very welcome!

The music sounds quite good so far. What samples/program do you use out of interest?
If you decide to go for a more realistic approach, or need an additional composer I can help out with that if you want.

Sbeast - Composer / Cover Artist / Guitarist | https://soundcloud.com/sbeast/sets/demo-reel
Sersh
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: May 02, 2018, 08:43:47 am »

@Ashedragon: Thanks!
@sbeast: I'm using FLStudio.

Story, Savegames & Test Phase

I've mostly worked on story, dialogues & events recently. I've also added an intro to the game:

Another rather important but not most exciting feature i've added were the savegames
- now i don't have to restart from the beginning when i test something Wink

Another feature i added is an Buff/Debuff overview layer that you can blend in,
to see the description of all active buffs/debuffs or the ones of the currently selected action.

As a bonus here is a Gif montage that shows off different features of the game

Looking for Testers
People who follow me on Facebook or twitter might already know,
i just recently created a discord channel and invited people who want to Test the game!
I plan to start testing this weekend and have a couple of week test phase before i release a public demo.

If  people from here also want to participate testing, you can join the discord channel here:
https://discord.gg/C9T7Ven
Everyone who'll rather wait for the actual demo, is still welcome to join the discord channel Smiley

Monster Sanctuary | DevlogTwitterFacebook
Garlicguy
Level 3

Good vibes all around.

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 02, 2018, 09:05:43 pm »

Awesome! It's like that Pocket-Men game the kids are into! A weird compliment...but you user interface is super clean!

sbeast
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: May 03, 2018, 07:52:25 pm »

@sbeast: I'm using FLStudio.

Ok cool, I use Logic Pro. Well, if you need help or an additional composer just let me know.  Smiley

Sbeast - Composer / Cover Artist / Guitarist | https://soundcloud.com/sbeast/sets/demo-reel
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic