Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 12:13:23 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsAugmosis
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Augmosis  (Read 2552 times)
swordofkings128
Level 6

View Profile
« on: May 09, 2009, 11:40:49 PM »

so, I want to make a small game. Just an FPS, with 1 field, about twice the size of Hyrule feild in legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time. this "field" is a wide open, simple area with some abstract obsctructions. the game will be flat shaded, like in Starfox on the snes, and the textures will be very very low-fi.j also, the game will have no text. this is supposed to be one of those kinds of games were it gives you almost no direction.

things:

You- the main character you play as. you don't really see yourself at all, so it's all a mystery.

Augmosi: the giant beings that roam the field. they don't seem to be harmful, but the goal of the game is eliminate all of them in the field. but, by defeating 1, you drastically change the balance of the environment and it causes you to become weaker(Thus, undergoing Augmosis). so, to defeat the next Augmosi you must absorb the energies of other life. to do this, you kill enemies that spawn all over.

Weapons:
Pistol- Shoots sub-quantum-triangulated-biroguelar-unipartratic energy streams to cause minor damage to foes.

Subbzy- shoots boost-phased ozmotic molecular distortion barriers, at a fast rate.

Spready- Fires omnicorestrial acidic, anti base rounds at a slow rate. the rounds are spread apart by a yextresial-based Aarkept.

vague mockup of what it should look like.

so heres what we'll be needing:
a programmer type person
and a 3d type person

suggestions are welcome!

muku
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2009, 12:52:06 AM »

so heres what we'll be needing:
a programmer type person
and a 3d type person

So, if I understand you correctly, you expect to do neither the art nor the programming yourself on this game?

I don't want to sound harsh, but it usually doesn't work that way. People typically won't fall over themselves to program your game for you, at least not until you've created significantly more hype for it.
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2009, 04:41:04 AM »

Sounds like an interesting idea, but I don't really understand a lot of the details. What is 'augmosis'? How does the 'balance' of the area change when you kill a boss? How does this affect the player? And what the hell is a "boost-phased ozmotic molecular distortion barrier"?

sereneworx
Level 10

What a terrific duvet!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2009, 04:47:07 AM »

I don't want to sound harsh, but it usually doesn't work that way. People typically won't fall over themselves to program your game for you, at least not until you've created significantly more hype for it.
I AM THE HYPE MASTER.

*cough*

Anyway, this looks interesting, I'd love to understand more about what your concept is, you didn't make it very clear in your post.
swordofkings128
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2009, 07:38:45 AM »

oh shit. Embarrassed

I think I hit post by accident.

yesterday(or should I say today) was prom(and you know how prom is!  Wink), and I got home at like 12:38. then I was working on an idea I had while I was there, and I tend to get some interesting ideas when I type in like, a forum post style. but 3 hours later, I was pretty tired and I must of hit "post" instead of "preview" without realizing it. I know that sounds weird, but it works for me you know? I had no intention of posting anything.

this topic should be removed, as this is one of those ideas you get but probably won't make a game out of(plus I currently lack the 3d skills I need as you can tell). i mean, if I made a topic for every design document I've written I'd have about a 500!

pgil
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2009, 05:25:12 PM »

So you got drunk at the prom and came up with a crazy idea for a game?

Do it!!  Beer!

(I'm pretty sure that's how cactus makes most of his games anyway)
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2009, 01:42:50 AM »

DO IT DO IT DO IT

mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2009, 08:20:49 PM »

Hype: Check

Considering how easy that was, this game should be a breeze.
Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2009, 05:58:41 PM »

Heh, this is how great ideas are born.
This idea sounds pretty cool besides the made up words that I don't understand.

As for programing, I would see if you can put this together yourself in game-maker with it's basic pseudo-3d functions if you can't find a programmer.  It might not be exactly how you wanted to make it, but you'll have a game.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic