Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 07:06:48 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsBushiden - Cyber Ninja Action Platformer with Exploration Elements
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Author Topic: Bushiden - Cyber Ninja Action Platformer with Exploration Elements  (Read 14586 times)
naezith
Level 2

Remnants of Naezith

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2017, 08:45:08 AM »

Enchanting...

SchriefFighter
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 25, 2017, 08:57:33 AM »

I can dig it.
gamesthatcouldbeworse
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2017, 05:53:09 AM »

Bushiden, bushiden, zum Städele hinaus...

RadicalBradical
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 27, 2017, 08:39:19 AM »

I read "Cyber Ninja" and was immediately interested. Then, I checked out the gameplay video and realized it's like a love letter to the Shinobi series, and now I'm even more interested! Excited to see more!  Smiley
KeinZantezuken
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 01, 2017, 05:11:43 PM »

I have to say that jump animation is swag as hell
pixelarcstudios
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2017, 12:43:48 PM »

We are still hard at work on Bushiden. Working on enemy implementation/tweaking right now. AI and animations. Here's a look at a WIP attack animation for the Kusaragama Lord:

« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 01:01:22 PM by pixelarcstudios » Logged

joey4track
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 02, 2018, 05:14:14 PM »

Wow, nice character design on that guy, and great animations too Smiley
pixelarcstudios
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: January 03, 2018, 05:23:01 AM »

Thanks! We'll be showing off a lot more of the game going into the new year. Currently, we are tweaking and revising a lot of things. I think (hope) everyone is going to be impressed the next time we share footage from the game!  Smiley

joey4track
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 03, 2018, 10:07:47 AM »

I have to say the quality of these sprites really remind me a lot of what you would find in Castlevania: SotN. Even the color balance feels like it would fit perfectly. That is high praise because that game has some of the best sprite work I have seen. Keep it up!
pixelarcstudios
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: January 03, 2018, 10:13:28 AM »

I have to say the quality of these sprites really remind me a lot of what you would find in Castlevania: SotN. Even the color balance feels like it would fit perfectly. That is high praise because that game has some of the best sprite work I have seen. Keep it up!

Ha! Our artist is a HUGE SOTN fan and it's his biggest inspiration. He will be super pleased to hear this!

RessonanceForeman
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 03, 2018, 10:20:50 AM »

Kiss Kiss Kiss
pixelarcstudios
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: January 11, 2018, 12:20:34 PM »

We've been hard at work on Bushiden. Here's a wip look at the shop screen. I'm quite happy with the way it's coming together!

jb
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: January 14, 2018, 01:33:36 AM »

You have really nailed the style you are going for! I would love to see what it would look like if you pushed the parallax even further. Like getting some movement into the foremost layer and add/or breaking down that further. I quite like the speed of things - I can see how it could be suggested to make him faster but my reference to games like this would be Contra, Sunset Riders etc and the movement is a lot quicker (and more fluid) than those. It would be fun having some bullet hell type bosses cause all the fancy flips and animations would make a fight like that quite the spectacle!

pixelbarons.com
DOGO - competitive local multiplayer platformer
pixelarcstudios
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: January 14, 2018, 05:36:19 AM »

You have really nailed the style you are going for! I would love to see what it would look like if you pushed the parallax even further. Like getting some movement into the foremost layer and add/or breaking down that further. I quite like the speed of things - I can see how it could be suggested to make him faster but my reference to games like this would be Contra, Sunset Riders etc and the movement is a lot quicker (and more fluid) than those. It would be fun having some bullet hell type bosses cause all the fancy flips and animations would make a fight like that quite the spectacle!

Thanks for the kind words! We have a foreground parallax layer. There will be a healthy amount of parallax in the final game Wink And yes, our references for Bushiden are 16-bit era games, so I think the movement speed is spot-on as well. The bullet-hell type bosses is a good suggestion! We will keep that in mind Smiley

pixelarcstudios
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: February 22, 2018, 07:54:44 AM »

Hey everyone! We've been quiet, but still busy. Things are coming along nicely and we'll be sharing a lot more about the game soon. In the meantime, Michael Kelly (of VA-11 HALL-A fame) is composing the soundtrack for Bushiden and has just released a couple of snippets from the OST. You can listen to them here:

https://twitter.com/garoadmusic/status/966444226354597888

https://twitter.com/garoadmusic/status/966446147031257088

pixelarcstudios
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: May 28, 2018, 11:06:38 AM »

It's been a while since we've updated this. Please don't take our silence for lack of progress. We are still super hard at work on Bushiden and will be pulling the curtain back very soon! In the meantime, Michael Kelly, the composer of Bushiden's OST, has shared a new piece from the soundtrack. Enjoy!

pixelarcstudios
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: July 20, 2018, 07:12:50 AM »

Hey, everybody! Bushiden is alive and well. Here's a snippet. Enjoy!

pixelarcstudios
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: August 03, 2018, 07:03:20 AM »

Development continues and is in full swing! Here's a sneak peek at Kichou Caverns!

pixelarcstudios
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: August 10, 2018, 07:01:55 AM »

We are very excited to present the Bushiden story trailer and announce that we will be launching a Kickstarter in September! Please help spread the word! All support is appreciated! Enjoy Smiley

pixelarcstudios
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: September 26, 2018, 09:13:35 AM »

The Bushiden Kickstarter is live! Check out the trailer below and you can view the Kickstarter here: https://t.co/fVYuLhGSLw

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic