Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411505 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 08:15:46 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessQuestions about submitting game to steam
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Questions about submitting game to steam  (Read 830 times)
Sersh
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: July 13, 2017, 03:14:14 AM »

Hey, I'm currently working on a game that is slowly gaining popularity so i played with the thoughts of putting it on steam. I plan to release a free demo in the near future but this will takes some more months. I have never before put a game on steam, so i don't have any experience in that regard. Also now that greenlight is gone and we have steam direct, i fear to google outdated info.
- Can i still create a steam page before selling like you could before with greenlight?
- Does it make sense to create a steam page already? I guess yes, so people can wishlist it already and you have the steam community page for people to discuss about it and build up a following there?
- Do i need to be part of steam direct already to just do that?

Monster Sanctuary | DevlogTwitterFacebook
Xorglord
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2017, 10:09:25 AM »

I haven't put anything on steam, but I'm also planning to. I can answer Q1.

Steam direct has said in their launch blog post that one of the requirements for posting a game is that you have to have it as "Coming Soon" for at least 2 weeks without being purchaseable. So, in answer to your first Q, you have to create the steam page before selling. I assume you can leave it unpurchaseable for as long as you want.

Josh Bossie
Level 3

Fly Safe, Pup

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2017, 07:08:59 PM »

I just got done signing up and finishing up submission.

- Yeah, you can do that. As Xorglord said you need at least a 14 day lead time between a store page being active and selling your items, but you can build up your page in draft mode immediately

- It depends. If you have finished screenshots, a trailer, and a sensible description then yeah, it makes sense. But if you don't then you may give turn people away that won't look at it again

- Yes, you need to be part of Steam Direct to put up a store page, even a "Coming Soon" one. It costs $100 per game.

Sersh
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2017, 11:02:44 PM »

ok, thanks for the info Smiley

Monster Sanctuary | DevlogTwitterFacebook
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic