Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 12:40:25 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingRize of the Summonds: Upcoming Metroidvania. Transform Into Dragon, Wraith, etc.
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Rize of the Summonds: Upcoming Metroidvania. Transform Into Dragon, Wraith, etc.  (Read 1918 times)
RizeoftheSummonds
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« on: July 17, 2017, 03:40:25 PM »

Click on link below to playtest our game (Test_Build_2.4):

https://rizeofthesumonds.itch.io/rize-of-the-summonds-testbuild-2-4

Controls:

Mouse left click -------------------------------------------melee attack/range attack

Mouse right click ----------------------------------------- block

Mouse right click+A/D --------------------------------------walk+block

A ----------------------------------------------------------move left

D ----------------------------------------------------------move right

T ----------------------------------------------------------transform

Left shift -------------------------------------------------dodge roll

Spacebar ---------------------------------------------------jump

Summons Description:

Akira - Punches her enemies using her fist

Orc - Heavy attacks, jumps low and runs slow

Cat - Shoots out arrows, jumps the highest

Wraith - Medium attacks using scythe weapon, jumps medium

Dragon - Shoots out fireballs, jumps low and runs slow

Social Media/Website:

Website (Visit our website and subscribe to  our mailing list to stay updated with our project. Follow us on our social medias as well): https://www.rizeofthesummonds.com/

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/rizeofthesummonds/

Twitter: https://twitter.com/RizeoftheSummon

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdsS8qck6gLmgNl7f9OT2jw

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/qball124/

Please provide comments and let us know what you guys think of our concept. Tell us what you guys like and dislike about our game so far and what we can do to improve it. Also, what bugs have you discovered while playing our game? Do you see yourself purchasing a copy of this game, when released, at a low price?
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 06:09:11 PM by RizeoftheSummonds » Logged

RizeoftheSummonds
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2017, 06:07:42 AM »

If you like our core concept for our game, please send me a message on here, and send me your email so I can add you to our mailing list. I promise the team isn't going to spam, as we'll only send emails to keep you updated on our game. Thank you!

DyingSilence
Level 0

That foreign weirdo.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2017, 12:24:06 AM »

This is kinda sad. The art is good, but nothing else really. The jump height variation is almost nonexistent, the characters are painfully slow. There's little to no point in transformation, the waiting time of transformation is infuriating, combined with the fact that you can't choose what to transform into. The base Unity UI looks rather awful, it's conflicted with the overal artstyle. The game is really juicy in particles, that's ok, but the animations are stiff and unnatural, there are no exaggeration frames whatsoever. The animations really need a feeling of weigth to it. It's also kinda bad, that you can fall off, and the game does nothing about it.
This game needs a tutorial, and more importantly, more initial space to test the things out before you run into enemies. I think your main thought is "all those monsters are cool, so the game starring them will be cool". This could be true, if they weren't just there, these things are cool for a reason. Wraith? He could be for example turning into smoke, dashing like crazy and slicing things in half. Dragon? This could run on all fours, eat stuff alive, climb walls with it's strong claws, etc.
Overally - the game needs much work to be at least "meh", but the art is good.

RizeoftheSummonds
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2017, 08:09:42 PM »

-Added better transformation system of which player press T key and can select the specific summon to transform into. Need to speedup the actual transformation.

-Now I know how I'm officially going to be creating the background to Dragon Lair rooms; By using the regular wall structure as the base and then using the secondary wall structure to create end points for the base structure.

-In the process of recruiting another programmer who is advanced skilled in more intricate Enemy A.I system and other scripts. This should improve our game more by making enemies more smarter, and patrols and such.

RizeoftheSummonds
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2017, 08:21:13 PM »

-These are the characters that are completed and in the process of being animated:
        Old Demon Lord, New Demon Lord, Bat Lvl 1, Bat Lvl 2, StoreKeeper, Injured Prisoner (pig humanoid), Scorpion Lvl 1, Scorpion Lvl 2.

- Goal: Make at least 3 new characters per week. Lets grind these out. Have alot of creative characters to make for this game.

RizeoftheSummonds
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2017, 05:46:30 PM »

-Better transformation system, in order to quickly select a particular Summond

RizeoftheSummonds
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2017, 08:04:20 AM »

Updates:
- Added time to potion item healing.
- Edited UI scripts and player stats scripts for time-based healing.
- Moved old scenes to old scenes folder.
- Animation rotation speed for coins added (Note: we were inspired by Super mario series, including the collecting of coins strategically placed in the levels)
- Added Pre-Room 1. (Teaches player about traps and uniquely using summons to bypass them)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 07:01:05 PM by RizeoftheSummonds » Logged

RizeoftheSummonds
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2017, 09:22:01 PM »

Updates:
-Changed bronze coin value to 50
-Changed silver coin value to 100
-Changed gold coin value to 350
-Slowed down health regeneration speed for each food
-Changes values for each health potion and food
-Added Ogre Lvl 1 and Lvl 2 mini Boss assets with their animations
-Added New Dragon Humanoid enemy Lvl 1 and 2 assets with their animations

RizeoftheSummonds
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2017, 09:37:39 PM »

New transformation system: We've added each summond's face image into the circles, so that player can easily identify which summond they want to quickly transform into. Also bronze coins to the left of Akira, have a value of 50, and they rotate along the z axis as well as float up and down to provide visual feedback.

« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 06:12:55 PM by RizeoftheSummonds » Logged

RizeoftheSummonds
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2017, 01:27:46 PM »

This is kinda sad. The art is good, but nothing else really. The jump height variation is almost nonexistent, the characters are painfully slow. There's little to no point in transformation, the waiting time of transformation is infuriating, combined with the fact that you can't choose what to transform into. The base Unity UI looks rather awful, it's conflicted with the overal artstyle. The game is really juicy in particles, that's ok, but the animations are stiff and unnatural, there are no exaggeration frames whatsoever. The animations really need a feeling of weigth to it. It's also kinda bad, that you can fall off, and the game does nothing about it.
This game needs a tutorial, and more importantly, more initial space to test the things out before you run into enemies. I think your main thought is "all those monsters are cool, so the game starring them will be cool". This could be true, if they weren't just there, these things are cool for a reason. Wraith? He could be for example turning into smoke, dashing like crazy and slicing things in half. Dragon? This could run on all fours, eat stuff alive, climb walls with it's strong claws, etc.
Overally - the game needs much work to be at least "meh", but the art is good.
Thank you for the positive feedback. Note that we are still in development phase and this game is nowhere near finished. I'm glad that you enjoy the art style because months ago, people were outrageous towards our old art style which encouraged us to change it to what you're seeing now. No worries, there will be transformation UI, the player's movement will be sped up, and the point of transforming into these different summonds will be explained. So stay tuned! Smiley

RizeoftheSummonds
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2017, 06:58:04 PM »

-Apparently I was ignorant about how prefabs really work in Unity Engine and just gained knowledge on them. It appears that when creating a prefab, you can't drag and drop an object into it's inspector, which makes complete sense (Basically if that particular gameObject is in multiple scenes but not in every scenes, then what happens when player comes across a scene where it's not integrated in...exactly). But what I've discovered is you can reference the object by making a prefab of that object that you want to drag and drop into the inspector of the other prefab. Took me awhile to understand but better now than never.

joey4track
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2017, 05:06:14 PM »

The game looks beautiful but it needs some work when it comes to audio. Just for example, when the hero punches, the punch animation is very quick but the sound is a long 'hyah!", the problem is by the time the punch is over she is still on the "hy-" part and never gets to the "yah!" part which is where the 'action' resolves. You need to choose sounds the fit better with the animations. I hope I am explaining this in a way so you can understand! If you need audio/sound design help, let me know. I mostly do music but I also have provided sound design for a few games.

Otherwise the game is looking great! Controls could probably use a little tightening up but it's looking really good, let me know if you have any audio questions and I will try to be of help! Good luck  Wink
RizeoftheSummonds
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2017, 12:51:26 PM »

The game looks beautiful but it needs some work when it comes to audio. Just for example, when the hero punches, the punch animation is very quick but the sound is a long 'hyah!", the problem is by the time the punch is over she is still on the "hy-" part and never gets to the "yah!" part which is where the 'action' resolves. You need to choose sounds the fit better with the animations. I hope I am explaining this in a way so you can understand! If you need audio/sound design help, let me know. I mostly do music but I also have provided sound design for a few games.

Otherwise the game is looking great! Controls could probably use a little tightening up but it's looking really good, let me know if you have any audio questions and I will try to be of help! Good luck  Wink
Thank you! What a relief. I remember about 7 months ago, people were bashing on our previous art style, resulting us in changing tge ary style 2 times. My gratitude to you for liking our outcome art style. In terms of tge audio, I agree with you. I will definitely ask you to continue to provide feedback on our audio as well as other asoects of our game. Can't wait to show off our first trailer soon!

RizeoftheSummonds
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2017, 11:51:44 AM »

Enjoy our first Gameplay Trailer!!

RizeoftheSummonds
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2017, 06:15:05 PM »

'Rize of the Summonds' is coming to steam early access soon! Get your calendars ready to mark this game down and support.

[Recent video]

https://twitter.com/RizeoftheSummon/status/1146040360570933248
« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 06:41:40 AM by RizeoftheSummonds » Logged

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic