Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 04:57:28 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogs00
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: 00  (Read 8584 times)
DanielGameDev
« on: July 18, 2017, 10:29:57 PM »

« Last Edit: July 06, 2018, 10:23:04 AM by DanielGameDev » Logged
AaronB
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2017, 02:22:26 AM »

Definitely looks cute  Hand Thumbs Up Right

Will the whip be used for more than just taking down enemies?

foofter
Level 4

MAKE THAT GARDEN GROW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2017, 04:45:29 AM »

I love the flashback to Kirby Style of the background. Something about it always appealed to me with the simplicity and bright colors and somewhat random shapes (stripes etc.).

@_monstergarden (game) and @williamzwood (me)
See Monster Garden progress here: https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=56012.0
Basil
Level 0

Starting more projects than I can finish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2017, 06:49:59 AM »

Fantastic, definitely getting some Kirby's Adventure vibes from this, especially with the enemy death smoke + stars. Great work, can't wait to see more!
absolute8
Level 5

WTF, some aggressive nerd... (•̀ω•́)و ̑̑

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2017, 09:25:19 AM »

Dude, this makes me smile. Good stuff  Coffee

omnilith
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2017, 01:22:50 PM »

This looks neat, I love Mr. Gimmick and I'm glad to see stuff influenced by it. Good luck to you!

breakfastbat
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2017, 04:56:42 PM »

Wow dude this looks super cute! I wasn't expecting much clicking on an action platformer topic but now I'm intrigued. Also, I don't think the word "master" in the title really captures the essence here.

♫ December, ♫
♫ December. ♫
breakfastbat
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2017, 06:54:05 PM »

Wow dude this looks super cute! I wasn't expecting much clicking on an action platformer topic but now I'm intrigued. Also, I don't think the word "master" in the title really captures the essence here.
thanks.. you can follow me on twitter: @WhipMasterGame
to be always updated. i also ask for feedback and make polls, about the name. i  agree with you, it doesn't quite capture the cuteness of the game! i was also considering  "Whipseey" but i went for "whip master" because i thought it was a bit more descriptive, thanks for your feedback Coffee

I believe a good name needs to match a few important criteria:

1) Iconic / related to the game somehow
2) Easy to spell / memorable
3) Strong essence / atmosphere / mood

I think "Whip Master" does REALLY well on the first two points, and sort of well on the third point, so in general I think it's a good name. "Whipseey" is cuter so does better on the third point but does worse on the first point and fails the second completely. Naming is really hard, but you have a strong central theme with the whip so that makes it easier.

Bonus points if you come up with something that doesn't have any related results on google (another game of the same name for example) and a domain is available for your game (ie. whipmaster.com)
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 07:02:14 PM by eidobunny » Logged

♫ December, ♫
♫ December. ♫
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2017, 01:36:55 AM »

this is more a Mr. Bullwhip than a Whip Master, imo. but it looks wonderful. congratulations.
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2017, 02:10:21 AM »

What is this game's

gimmick?

(Looks really cool ilu)

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
Itharius
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2017, 02:27:52 AM »

It is nice to see the progress on this! Keep it up Smiley
desdemian
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2017, 06:49:17 AM »

I like this, I do hope there's a little bit more to that whip than just attacking enemies.

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2017, 12:35:25 AM »

play the gg shinobi games, the blue ninja has a hook rope which works in a slightly unique way which allows for quite tight level design. the hook shoots out horizontally and no matter how far or close you are when you attach, you detach at the same spot. it lets you do puzzles

absolute8
Level 5

WTF, some aggressive nerd... (•̀ω•́)و ̑̑

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2017, 06:29:04 AM »

Mmmmm...that's some tasty trigonometry right there

Potion_Audio
Level 0

Hi, I make sounds

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2017, 06:04:02 PM »

Seems like a fun and light-hearted game, best of luck with it.

I tried to send you a private message, but I'm not sure if tigsource doesn't work, it doesn't appear as a send message to you. Can I have your contact details?
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2017, 01:49:48 AM »

there is still a couple of things i need to polish!!  because of how quick the whip attack is, you need to have pretty good timing to hit the "anchor" on mid air, experienced players wouldn't have problem getting the timing right but casual players might find it a bit hard, so i'm working on making the game in general  a bit easier for casual players, maybe i'll include and easy mode.....

this looks simply wonderful. you could perhaps combine both frames of the startup whip animation into one using motion blur and keep the fully extended whip frame out a little longer? but to me it looks perfect right now.
litHermit
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2017, 03:54:44 PM »

Very cute, nice Kirby vibe. I like how clear it all is.
The name is problematic though, words like master, mastery - are quite evocative of toughness, grittiness... doesn't fit with the feel of the game.

Ben23
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2017, 09:09:53 PM »

the gameplay looks fun you should play castlevania 4 to see some platforming gimmicks with the whip

was the swinging to hard to implement? do you know any tutorial or something?  Smiley
SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2017, 09:24:53 PM »

Following this, because it's lookin' pretty slick, dude! Nice, simple, and clean art style, and cute characters. For CC, that green spike thing in the first GIF in your last post doesn't look inherently dangerous - looks a tad nubby. Otherwise, nice work all around.

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2017, 02:28:13 AM »

Very cute, nice Kirby vibe. I like how clear it all is.
The name is problematic though, words like master, mastery - are quite evocative of toughness, grittiness... doesn't fit with the feel of the game.

yeah!! i agree, i had a very hard time choosing the name, i wanted something that was cute and descriptive of the gameplay, i considered "Whipseey or super Whipseey" but i felt that didn't describe the gameplay at all and it would  arouse people's curiosity when reading the tittle

Whipston
Mr. Whippet
Whip Grip Paradiso
Ron Paul's Drag Race
Whippopotamus Pete's Grand Cloud Safari
The Thousand Lashes: A Game of Unbearable Cruelty and Punishment
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic