Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411431 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58417 Members - Latest Member: gigig987

April 20, 2024, 04:20:46 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogs00
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: 00  (Read 8574 times)
LyricalReverie
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2017, 09:23:56 PM »

Seems like a really easy boss, but if this is a Kirby-like experience, that might be on purpose.
Thomas Finch
Level 8

@slowcircuit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2017, 11:06:44 PM »

Looks great!

LyricalReverie
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2017, 11:14:01 PM »

Seems like a really easy boss, but if this is a Kirby-like experience, that might be on purpose.

It has more patterns, i don't wanna spoil the whole battle,

I will also change the bubbles pattern a bit so they don't land in the same place

What do you think of the boss design in general?

I like the visual design. It makes me wonder if the boss is somehow related to the whip fellow, since they are both round and... well, round. xD

And that is a good thing. I have seen very little of your game and I am curious about it.
AaronB
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2017, 01:56:10 AM »

DevLog #06

i wasn't happy at all with the previous prototype for a boss, so i made another one

i would love your feedback..

Dan Log Out

I'm getting cult vibes.  Make the bosses as cute as possible - something friendly but deadly Smiley

AaronB
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2017, 01:39:00 PM »

I'm getting cult vibes.  Make the bosses as cute as possible - something friendly but deadly Smiley

"cult"? is that a game?, or you mean the boss looks like is part of a cult?  Who, Me?

There probably is a game called cult (if not then it would be a cool title), however I was referring to your game in general:

LyricalReverie
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2017, 07:13:08 AM »

Love the train.

Also, it is possible to take on programming, art, level design and music/sound design all by oneself. It is just really taxing and the development naturally takes much longer than having production spread out between two or more people.
Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2017, 10:30:15 AM »

Saw this on twitter.  It's looking really nice so far!

bynine
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2017, 06:10:11 PM »

the gameplay gifs are very satisfying to watch and i love the simple, clean, cute artstyle

https://bynine.itch.io/ - check out my games here!
RujiK
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2017, 11:00:24 AM »

I don't usually like platformers but this looks pretty nice! Sweet graphics!

Three comments:
1. I hope not all water is a death trap. I love splashing around a little. Especially in some shallow water.

2. It doesn't need to be dark souls, but be careful it's not too easy or it could get boring.

3. I hope it has some form of two players Smiley

Josh Bossie
Level 3

Fly Safe, Pup

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2017, 05:25:03 PM »

Such a lovely looking game. Good luck with your campaign!

FK in the Coffee
Level 10

meme pixels

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2017, 07:36:33 PM »

This looks so good! Getting some strong Kirby/Shinobi vibes, and I'm loving everything I've seen so far. I'll definitely pitch something in once you guys launch your campaign!
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2017, 05:32:59 AM »

good luck to you my friend
LyricalReverie
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2017, 05:54:56 AM »

I am wishing you luck as well! Coffee
thefoolishbrave
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2017, 09:54:02 AM »

The game looks pretty good, I love me some old school Kirby.

I'm sorry to say but it looks like your campaign is really struggling and the first days usually project its success.

To be honest I only heard about this game a week ago, and as someone who has been dipping heavily into the indie scene for the past month, I can imagine this is because you didn't put your game out into the community enough. Think of a Kickstarter like an actual campaign for President. You can't just enter the race with a month to go before elections and expect to win the confidence of voters.

Lots of people clearly love the look of your game, and if I would definitely play a "modern old school Kirby" but it's important for people to know your story, your struggle, and get a sense of your presence before throwing money at a random stranger. I have put over a year into making a game and a presence and have yet to successfully pull off a Kickstarter.

If you're unknown, no matter how amazing your game looks, that isn't enough, here is a link that might help you for the next one:

https://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/LiviuBoar/20170714/301662/Helping_You_Kickstart_Part_I_The_PreCampaign_Period.php

As much as I want to, I'm not running my KS if I do one until next year even though the demo will be complete in a month or so, I'm probably going to spend 6 months just creating future content, doing streams, and letting people know in general I give a $#@! about my project more than they can know and that there $5 contribution to me means A LOT more than their Starbucks that morning.

Please don't give up, this is not meant to discourage but give you an idea of what's REALLY needed to pull a crowdfund campaign off.

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic